When is the internal organs fat burnt up?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lovetheporridge
    on

I am 3 weeks into 800 Cal’s and doing ok.
    Starting weight 172 lbs. Currently 152 lbs.(yes! 153 !)
    Height 5′ 10″” (70″)
    Starting waist 43″. Currently 38″
    I reckon on a target weight of 147 lb and target waist of 35″.
    If I should reach those before the 8 weeks, do I still have to keep to 800 Cal’s for the full 8 weeks in order to
    (hopefully) clear out my liver and pancreas ? or would reaching those targets mean per se that I had already cleared them out ?
    Grateful for any advice/ info.
    PS I don’t have another hb1ac until about early-mid October. The hb1ac about 5weeks ago was 55 (hence initial T2diagnosis). Spot check on mol/l a week ago was : 5.3 at 4 hrs after lunch and 7.9 at 2 hrs after dinner.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, no one can say as you would need to have an MRI scan to look inside you (I think that is the right machine). Anyway, you can only see what is happening on the outside so it is a good idea to do your measurements – chest, waist, hips and I also do midriff and fattest part of the stomach. I noticed a 5″ reduction in my waist in the first 3 weeks. If you are diabetic you will notice a quick reduction in blood glucose levels and that is a good indication that your pancreas and liver are working better and presumably a reduction in fat around those organs. Hope that helps.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi lovetheporridge! Welcome aboard! Congratulations on achievements thus far! Theyre are GREAT! I too had a massive H(alphabet) reading . .. and judging by your “handle” you’ve ditched the oats like myself! Though Im learning not to compare, my before eating readings are similar to your 4 hours after – so Im guessing (for me) four hours after eating is when Im gearing up to eat again!!! Im also not confident Im out of the woods yet BUT readings are WAY down on 6-7 weeks ago! Maybe they will go lower further along . . . Im hoping so, but still get dismayed when one pops up higher than expected. Like this morning!!! Not being one to normally exercise . . . (and with plantar fasciitis INSISTING thats not happening right now!) – nor managing to drink the recommended daily quantity of water, it seems results happen for everyone in different ways 🙂 Ive discarded 11kgs thus far . . . and seem to have plateaued which others have posted as happening both earlier – and later – in the 8 weeks. With different genes on board, differing metabolic rates and mealtimes, some having food for breakfast that others have for lunch or dinner . . . quantities, strict weights and measures or just approximates, some doing 5:2 others just doing 7 days of monitoring, I believe the variables are too many to streamline – thus I have (almost!) developed the Doris Day attitude . . .Que Sera Sera 🙂 Continued success and again welcome 🙂

• posted by lovetheporridge
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl and WoodDuckie

Please log in or register to post a reply.