What's your favorite spice?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Somewhere in MM:s Blodsugerdietbook a man said hi had no problem as long as he fokused on making his 800 calories as tasty as possible instead of worrying about the number.
    I adapted that from day one of 800. Making food from different cuisines from all over the world is so so so satisfying! It’s been a hobby as long as I can remember and our pantry is full of spices. So you might use a spice that’s new to the rest of us? Or just your favorit? Tell us!
    And if you want, please share a recipie with your fav spice! I’m sure there is an ubundant of goodies waiting to be shared with the rest of us.
    Welcome!
    Buddha’s Wife

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Like you I’m a huge fan of spices. I like to make my own Ras el Hanout and Shawarma spice mixes and often just throw in a spice or herb when making food. Caraway is a fav and this goes great with cabbage, as well as in almond crackers and other baked goods. Saffron is also in my top ten, as I love the earthiness of it. Oh, and cardamon, both green and black but for different reasons – the sweet scented flavour of the green and the pungent smokiness of the black.

Could go on and on, but willl let others have a chance to offer up their ideas too!

• posted by Amarela
    on

Another spice lover here!
    I really enjoy Indian style food so cumin, coriander, cloves and cardamom are my go to’s for satisfying flavour. Also fresh chilli, garlic and ginger.

And herbs of course, coriander, basil, dill, rosemary… yum! Can’t wait to get my own herb garden going again in the summer, for now it’s way too cold still here.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Have bought some spirulina powder and will be adding water to drink it in the mornings. It tastes like disgusting pond water. Added salt this morning, which improved it, so I wondered if adding spice to it would make it more palatable. Does anyone have any ideas of a good spice or combination of spices that might mask spirulina’s very strong taste?

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Salt! This WOE somehow is much easier with a little salt on everything.

Please log in or register to post a reply.