What's for supper today.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Thought I would start this thread, as I am basically lazy and thought this might be a good thread for inspiration for a different supper. As I need some new ideas.
    I’m cooking today, green lentils, on thyme, red onions, roasted carrots, mange tout and a chicken breast on the top, baked with some veg stock, oh and a bit of Cajun spice and lemon. Was yummy last time I cooked it but I am hardly ever a consistent cook heheπŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“ oh the important bit cals 415 carbs 39.5

• posted by Caro
    on

Hi Janet.
    Can I ask – if 415 cals is your supper – what did you have for breakfast and lunch – food wise and calorie count. I find i have to spread my c als out evenly for me to feel full between meals. Caro

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Farg and blueberries, and prawn salad. 384 cals 14.5 carbs.😊 So days total 799 cals and 54 carbs.
    Regards
    Jan

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Saw a recipe on Facebook (you know, the things that just pop up). 2 tomatoes, tops cut off, scoop out seeds, stuff with chopped onion and a little feta cheese. Break an egg into each and oven bake for 20 mins. Voila, little or no carbs and only 360 calories. So that is what I am having tonight.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh lovely Sunshine-girl
    I’m having that tomorrow, ooh I knew someone would come up with some ideas, I have no imagination for this sort of thing. Hope you enjoy it.
    πŸ™πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸŒ°πŸŒ°πŸŒ°

• posted by lab
    on

Supper for hubby and I tonight is the following recipe

1 small tin chickpeas drained
    1 large tin of tomatoes
    1 tablespoon tomato puree
    two anchovy fillets (for taste)
    100gm of button mushrooms
    chilli flakes
    2 eggs

Place chickpeas, tomatoes, puree, anchovies, mushrooms and chilli flakes in a saucepan and bring all together until mushrooms are cooked. Place those ingrdients into an ovenproof dish and crack the eggs on top. Place in a preheated oven 180 until the eggs are cooked. Serve with courgetti or on it’s own! A really nice evening supper!
    I worked out calories to 300 between my hubby and I

Hope its given you an idea, if you don’t put the egg on top, it will probably freeze or eat as a cold lunch with a chopped boiled egg sprinkled on the top

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Just done a calculation on the egg stuff tomato recipe and it comes out at 285 calories NOT 360. Although I have used Laughing Cow cheese triangles instead of feta so that makes a difference. Just means I have some calories left for my bedtime snack.

Please log in or register to post a reply.