What do you do when the sweet urge calls?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Venusflytrap
    on

I had a real urge for something sweet yesterday evening. This was extra to my planned eating as I don’t often want anything sweeter than fruit. I did Google for sweet options that would fit in, but without finding anything I fancied. I finally settled on 1 square of 70% dark chocolate and that did seem to do the trick. Thinking about it now I could have tried adding a sweetner to my final cup of coffee. But has anyone got a better option?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi
    how long have you been on the diet ?
    It’s usually within the first week that you get the sugar cravings.
    They can be offset (believe it or not) by eating a small piece of cheese, a few almonds or walnuts, or my personal favourite, I have a couple of packs of frozen berries in the freezer so I just throw a few in the microwave for a couple of minutes to mak a sort of khuli and have them with some Greek yoghurt.

• posted by NewLife
    on

Hi, I agree with Bill – berries are great. I also have some prunes in the cupboard for emergencies but have only needed them once. The cravings DO go, so hang in there.

Please log in or register to post a reply.