What are your (non-weight) changes that you have noticed on the BSD?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by karenv
    on

I have a question: what changes have you noticed in your body/mind since you started the BSD?

Weight changes are fantastic (and that’s what I’m aiming for, that and blood sugars getting in a better range).

But I’m curious if people have noticed other changes since being on the diet – joints hurting less, more alert, more energy, better mood that sort of thing. I imagine that such a drastic change in diet must have a knock on effect on how you feel and how your body is!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi karenv

Both OH and I have noticed an improvement in what we might call ‘aliveness’.

He’s Type 2, hasn’t been very well with liver and other issues, and always felt tired in the morning, so dozy and unwilling to get up and start the day.

As we discuss the BSD and many other things in the sunshine in the garden with our coffee at 7am, I can say that we have both noticed a significant change. He says he feels better than he has in many years.

And there’s so much more time to get things done! πŸ˜‰

• posted by Timmy
    on

Biggest one that I’ve noticed is my energy. I just want to do stuff now instead of vegging infront of the sofa in the evening.

I’m training harder than I ever have before, and it’s mainly because I just feel like exercising more. Yesterday I went for a swim in the morning and the gym later in the afternoon. I can’t remember ever doubling up in one day before. If I see a set of stairs/incline I just want to run up it. It’s a bit weird really! Lol.

The wife and the kids were away on Thursday night, and previously that would have meant getting the lads around for a few beers and playstation, but I blew them out so I could go to the gym instead!

• posted by Irishgirl
    on

I feel much more upbeat – but that might just be function of the weight loss. My OH says he has noticed I’m a bit less bolshy – which I think is a good thing?!

Timmy, still sniggering about your yoghurt. Very naughty!

• posted by Frog
    on

Yes, I’ve got more energy too – even recently when I wasn’t sleeping brilliantly because of the heat (was that summer been & gone?)
    I’ve noticed that regular walks are generally faster than they used to be too – I used to allow 25 minutes to walk to the cinema, it now takes less than 20.
    That must be partially down to not trying to do everything lugging an extra 10kg around with me – and awareness that if I move more, it will help with weight loss.
    I did a longish (8-9 mile) walk at the weekend, and was very stiff that evening, but generally I find that I get stiff less often.

• posted by Frog
    on

and I forgot something else, – I was in a TK Maxx yesterday, so bought some smaller clothes in their sale – Large pants instead of XL!!

I also got some trousers (Β£7 instead of Β£55) that I thought would nearly fit when I held them up against me, but when I tried them on at home, they’re actually a lot smaller than I thought – the waist is cut lower than I’d anticipated, so goes around a wider bit than I held them against, but I will get there!
    – and I do have a waist now, as well as cheek bones – well I always had cheek bones, but my face has changed quite a lot in terms of visible cheek bone shape rather than a fully inflated balloon look.

• posted by karenv
    on

Those are all great changes πŸ™‚ I’m hoping that I will start noticing some changes like this after a few months hopefully. Congrats all on your positive changes! Frog I love buying smaller clothes – such a boost πŸ™‚ Can’t wait till I can go shopping again!

And it would be great to feel energetic again…Just the last few months I’ve felt so tired every day, and I’d love to feel a bit more energy and the desire to exercise more. Fingers crossed that will start to happen after a while πŸ™‚

• posted by Timmy
    on

Ooh cheek bones. Definitely got those again now. I used to shave up to where I guessed my cheek bones were. Now I can see them without my glasses on, just like when I was in my 20s!

I do still have a stubborn bit of flab under my chin and on the bottom side of my cheeks, but I think that’s more of an age thing now.

• posted by Maefly
    on

Just to lower the tone, I have found my IBS type symptoms are soooo much better. I was on the verge of going to the GP about it but since starting BSD I have not been bothered by it at all. Perhaps I have a wheat/gluten intollerance.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Its Day 16 for me and i’m just in a state of awe and astonishment at how easy it is and at how little i miss carby and sugary things and at how quickly i’ m losing. I was 16 lb lighter by day 11 so am enjoying feeling that much better..its same weight as DDs cat and he feels like a ton when you lift him up!😼😼😼😼
    Also feeling a bit suspicious of the scales..can they really be telling the truth!
    Clothes are looser and sit better. (Congrats FROG on buying smaller sizes!πŸ‘πŸ»)
    All of that,and finding this fab informative place to share, has given me a sense of joie de vivre,increased by the fact i’ m really enjoying what i eat – everything tastes superb!
    how about you karen,what are you noticing? 🌸🌻🌸🌻🌸🌻xx
    MAEFLY glad yr IBS symptoms are improving..had IBS some years ago for quite a while and the pains were worse than childbirth πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ x

• posted by karenv
    on

Ah sure that’s not lowering the tone Maefly at all πŸ™‚ I readily talk about my stomach haha! I have definitely noticed no grumbling from the old guts on this diet…usually I can get some IBS when I eat a lot of bread etc, but on the BSD my stomach is super calm!

And Yowzer I’m surprised too that I don’t miss carbs so much (although I made turkey tacos last night and was craving another taco after one…but it passed). And this is such a useful forum I agree – love the fact that it’s so active!

It’s early days for me so only day 4…so main thing is stomach is becalmed, craving are gone (woop!) and not hungry which is a bonus. On the down side I’m very tired and not feeling like exercising at all but from reading about other people starting this is a common thing when you initially cut your carbs. Hoping that eases off in a week or so.

But am excited to see what changes I notice, and I love reading everyone’s stories of their butterfly changes πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yehi felt very weak for the first week or so..but the upside is,it passed! Just take it easy and be gentle with yrself for now.
    Who knew it wd be this easy! I dreaded starting!
    Im not very far ahead of you…just started week 3 x

• posted by Dietqueen
    on

Hi Karen
    Since doing the bsd my sleep has improved 100%. I sleep right through the nigh now whereas before Mt sleep was intermittent. My energy level are up and I feel really positive and happy.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Butterfly changes..what a lovely way to look at it KAREN! X

Please log in or register to post a reply.