What are you eating tonight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Notonmybelly
    on

I know the book has plans and ideas but I cannot think what to have for dinner and thought maybe we could inspire by posting what we are eating.
    I ate skinny kedgree for brunch without the boiled egg but with an extra handful of spinach.
    I am feeling all frittated out to be honest- I am thinking of some sort of curried beef that I can add rice to for DH and the children.

• posted by Avila
    on

I very nearly ate a fly that had flown into and drowned in my pint of cider, being a dark bottle I didn’t realise… maybe a hint to avoid the alcohol?

• posted by shalimar
    on

How many calories and carbs in that fly …. just in case one of us eats one????????????????

Notonmybelly ,,, check the other threads. Many people post what they eat for their meals.

Can’t really go by me …. i don’t vary it much ….. i usually make a big pot of something … soup lately just chicken and whatever veg and greens on hand. My breakfast is eggs in some form.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Not many carbs in a fly, I wouldn’t have thought, at least my Gran always used to say ‘extra protein’ when we pointed one out to her as kids.

• posted by Timmy
    on

Had Bolognese with courgetti spaghetti last night.

First time I’ve had courgetti spaghetti. What a revelation!

• posted by Natalie
    on

It’s nice isn’t it. I’ve been having zoodles (courgetti) with bolognaise sauce for a while, last night I had it with a creamy mushroom sauce and that was lovely too.

• posted by topcac
    on

I have been a long term hater of courgette – just the texture of it when cooked – BLEURGH!!!

Tonight I’m having courgetti with putanesca sauce – it will be the 4th time I’ve had it in 7 weeks. Amazing what you’ll try when you have to find alternative – and I’m really not eating it under sufferance either.

Revelation is right, Timmy

• posted by Timmy
    on

courgetti cabanara is defo going to be happening in my house soon.

• posted by Getting my life back
    on

Hi everyone I tried the skinny cottage pie with cheesy mashed cauliflower the other night throughly recommend and very easy to make from the recipe book. Can anyone tell me how many calories in a small bowl of ready break stuck in hospital (not from the cottage pie lol) bestchoice out of what was on offer. Going to still try and stick to sensible eating while I can but to be honest never heard of anyone putting weight on while in hospital. Having all day breakfast for lunch and Moroccan vegetable and chickpea soup without the roll for dinner x

• posted by Josijo
    on

Hi Timmy,
    I also bought the recipie book and every recipie has been delicious. The skinny cottage pie is awesome also had the chilli, the Thai red curry, Vietnamese pho and salmon dishes with roasted veg all of them are delici, which I think has made it easier to stick too. Made my own version of the butternut squash soup where the author suggested roasting the seeds as a snack, thought why not nothing ventured and they are delicious! Very surprised.
    Hubster is doing this with me which helps enormously. This forum is ace and so supportive finding it inspirational looking through everyone’s achievements and struggles , shows we are all human. Have lost 9lbs in 2 weeks and 3 inches off my waist but the biggest success for me has been my blood sugars. Have been injecting ever increasing amounts of insulin to no avail, start this plan and overnight kerpow blood sugars are perfect. Have not needed any fast acting insulin since I started the plan! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘ฏ๐Ÿ‘ฏ๐Ÿ‘ฏ What more motivation do I need. Have also reduced all other medals as well.
    Thanks for listening. Over and out.
    One happy bunny ๐Ÿฐ

• posted by Notonmybelly
    on

Courgetti looks like something to try maybe tonight-and I will try and get the cook book today then will try the skinny cottage pie.
    Last night I had a beef curry with some diet friendly curry paste and coconut milk lots of veg and cooked in the pressure cooker
    DH says he is on board but he can’t seem to stop himself eating cereal or toast after dinner so I will carry on giving him what the children eat (ie rice potatoes pasta)
    It has only been a week but I am not craving things which I thought I would
    AND
    I have lots more energy, not dropping off at 8PM and being cripplingly tired after lunch I am less hungry eating the controlled calories. I have lost 2 kilos in a week
    I don’t have diabetes but I am fairly sure I was well on the way.

• posted by Zinnia
    on

Chicken Korma with cauliflower rice and salad, delicious. Have cooked it this afternoon as I am going to my first tai chi class which starts at 6.30 so it will be all ready for me when I get home. If you can manage to plan ahead it really helps.

• posted by Notonmybelly
    on

Tonight I have made a roasted chicken with a Lebanese spice and olive oil rub.
    I also earlier roasted some beetroot which I have put in red wine vinegar with a chopped shallot
    I will have it with a salad

I am going to use left overs for a picnic lunch tomorrow as we are out for the day don’t want to end up wasting my efforts at a food stand.

I used nectar points today and bought the recipe book in Sainsburys today, I already have some new breakfast ideas.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Tonight I had game casserole, my own recipe, with red cabbage sautรฉed in red wine vinegar and seasoned with ground cumin, salt and black pepper. Also creamed turnip. A lot more elaborate than my typical midweek evening meal but I was celebrating today’s mini-goal success ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Notonmybelly
    on

Congratulations on your success Mixandmatch

• posted by Jillsto
    on

Just made chicken korma with cauliflower rice was delicious. Used low fat Greek yogurt too (didn’t differ much in sugars to full fat). Also cut back on the oil and used olive oil spray oil too, didn’t bother with the onion rings though.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I made a double quality of the Easy Bolognaise from the recipe book, then divided the mixture into 2.
    I then added the extra ingredients to make the chilli, and froze the bolognaise into containers to have for dinner during the week.
    We’re having the chilli tonight – in tacos for husband and kids, and I’ll have mine with cabbage or zoodles. Had it with cauli rice before, but caulis are really expensive at the moment ($6.50 each), so waiting for the price to come down before I buy again.
    I also made some steel cut oat porridge with apple and cinammon in my slow cooker, so that’s breakfast sorted for the week ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by RedRooster
    on

Venison meatballs with cauliflower rice, and some spiced up tomato sauce

• posted by Jande9
    on

Sole in a garlic, lemon, mushroom, tomato, butter and wine sauce, steamed green beans, brocolli/cauli mash, kale with sauteed mushrooms and red peppers, sauteed leeks, plus oven baked Greek potato wedges for my wife and daughter.
    Total about 350 calories.
    Vegetables and sauce were good but the Pacific sole was kind of tasteless.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Am I the only one who has the 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet Recipe Book that doesn’t tell you when to add the yogurt to the Chicken Korma. Hubby is on board to try it and as I am not “up” on cooking korma…I am not sure. I have read the recipe to myself and out loud to husband and neither of us know when to add it. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

• posted by Jillsto
    on

You add the yogurt where it mentions add coconut milk and ground almonds as if you look on recipe you can use either coconut milk or yogurt

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Thank you Jillsto….I read the method but not the ingredients. Lol. What a muppet lol

• posted by HumanKind
    on

um … fish and chips, pineapple fritter and fruit salad with custard … …
    whoops

Please log in or register to post a reply.