Well, today marks 8 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stewart
    on

I just wanted to share my experiences.

Today marks 8 weeks on the 800 calorie a day diet.

I have lost 54lbs.

My waist has gone down 6 inches.

My top tips

Think of the 800 calories as money to spend wisely, don’t feel deprived just enjoy allocating and spending those 800 calories each day
    Get used to not feeling hungry
    Get used to eating less, when I started I was eating loads of tomatoes, king prawns and celery as I was used to eating lots.
    No I am used to eating a lot less

Best foods

Steak 8oz and salad 450 calories
    King Prawns
    Hot and sour soup
    Chicken breast
    Ratatouille
    Eggs (Hard boiled are delicious and only 70 calories)
    Subway do amazing salads

What next

1000 calorie weekends.
    800 calorie weekdays

I want to ease off a little but hope I can keep loosing, I am weighing every day (FitBit Aria Scales) and will monitor carefully I want to loose at least another 40lbs so want to keep up the weight loss.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Bril I expect you are feeling on top of the world. Your thread is very helpful I am on day 1 week 1 so all inspiration is very helpful. Keep up the good work.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Well done, Stewart, what a fabulous loss – 26+ bags of sugar now stacked up somewhere else and not on you!

Great idea about 800 cals to spend each day, and your best meals sound great too.

Very best of luck with your continued journey – keep us posted! 🙂

• posted by Stewart
    on

Thank you for the comments, I am feeling so well, and so good.

I was feeling run down, tired and so lethargic.

People tell me I look so well, and I am getting my bike out to go cycling this weekend.

And all through this diet, refined sugar and refined carbs are the enemy.

Keep going and you will be so happy.

I found I lost a lot more in week 2 and 3 than week 1 but just keep going and my top tip

If ever you feel hungry then review what you have been eating, some carbs have got in

As an example if I have one apple I am fine, if I have two I am hungry an hour later…

Enjoy the journey and enjoy the weight loss…

Oh, and just incase you are pre diabetic, I was getting blurry vision and feeling very thirsty, my eyes are back to normal and no thirsty days any more.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Well done from me! I’m on week 17 and still get the occasional weight plateau but it’s still going down! Keep at it, it’s very rewarding chucking our big clothes!!

• posted by OzVeggy
    on

Congratulations! Yours is an inspiring achievement.

• posted by monabee
    on

So wonderful to hear how this has worked for you!

Thank you for sharing and we must continue to tell ourselves that by sticking with this it will work! So wonderful to have something that will actually work for weight loss. Your weight loss is such an inspiration! Wow! And your tapering plan sounds very good also. This can actually be done!!! Thank you! I am sometime sceptical – but really want to believe this can be done. I have 60 pounds to lose.

I have just completed week 1 and have lost 10 pounds. I am over the moon happy about that! I feel great because I am following the principles you have recommended. I am really be careful about “quality” with my calories. Quality with my veggies and proteins- limiting fruit and no white stuff. Also making sure I have some quality fats, avocado, olive oil, full fat diary. I allowed an indulgence of a glass of wine- counted it and felt good about it, and still did well this week. I may also allow a slice of pizza at some point- as long as I count it and include it in my 800 calorie calculation- and include those quality foods through the day

For myself I would also add how important planning is…need to have those 2 or 3 go to plan based meals ready, planned prepped and available that keep us on track for every meal. Both my husband and I work full time- so planning is essential.

Did you follow the exercise recommendations also? I am doing that and feel so great.

Celebrating your success with you! And encouraged.
    Thanks again!

Please log in or register to post a reply.