Well, it's worked for me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MJW
    on

I was diagnosed as being pre-diabetic in 2001. At the time, I was told I would definitely become Type 2 diabetic in 5 to 10 years. I managed to keep it in the pre-diabetic range with diet and exercise, but my weight did gradually increase over the years and I started straying into being overweight. And it was becoming harder to keep it down. So, I read the book and started cutting carbs and sticking to the Med style diet. I lost a stone and a half in about 3 months with out feeling as if I was dieting at all.
    That was a great result in itself, but I had my standard diabetic check a couple of weeks ago and, lo and behold, my readings have dropped enough for me to be no longer classified as pre-diabetic. And, what’s more, my blood pressure medication has been reduced as well. Needless to say, I am delighted.

• posted by Frog
    on

that’s Brilliant MJW, and really inspiring.

I’m still on week one, and a bit more than one and a half stone to loose, but I will get there.
    I calculated it this morning as 18 6-can trays of catfood – but I have lost one tray already!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Top class results MJW
    That’s the kind of thing we love to hear about, no wonder you’re delighted
    I hope to join you before the end of the year and this one post will motivate so many others
    Congratulations

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Fantastic news MJW 🙂

• posted by Brett and Lynne
    on

Being pre-diabetic myself, I had already been reading the book when my husband was diagnosed with Type 2. He lost 10 kilos by himself and then we started BSD 4 weeks ago together. He has lost 12kg in 4 weeks and I have lost 13kg. He had his check up on Monday and he has reversed his diabetes. His average blood sugar readings are 4. The Nurse was so shocked she wants a cardboard cut out of him for the surgery to show it can happen! The doctor wrote down the website.

I’ve never posted before, only recipes, so I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their posts (Bill, hashimoto, CaptainLynne AND absolutely everyone else). It makes you realise you are not alone. I still have a long way to go but we are full of energy and wish to adopt this as our lifestyle. It has changed our life in a matter of weeks! Thanks to Dr Michael Mosley.
    Lynne

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Brett and Lynne, fantastic results for just 4 weeks, especially the reversal of diabetes. Massive congratulations : )

• posted by MJW
    on

Thank you all for your kind comments. And fantastic results all round by the sound of it! Congratulations to everyone. And the support on here is truly inspiring – let’s keep it going.

I must say I was sceptical of the BSD making a significant difference to me. I was only overweight by a few pounds and I had been pre-diabetic for over a decade. I didn’t seem like the “typical ” type 2 candidate (if there is such a thing). But the weight kept going on round the middle and it was becoming increasingly difficult to control.

But just switching to the Med diet and cutting carbs, in particular, has had such astonishing results I still can’t quite believe it. (I still expect the surgery to phone me up and say they’ve made a mistake !) So the message from me is, even just making the change in diet has an impact, a significant impact. Stick with it. Keep going. It really does work. And thank you Dr M. Lots of things are badged a life-changing. This truly is.

Please log in or register to post a reply.