welcome to the BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jillyB
    on

To everyone who have supported me and offered advice,
    I have just entered my third week, a little disappointed. I did well the first week, moderately the second and have now petered out. I was extremely disappointed that my weight is “plateaued” so early in the diet. Then I read that many others are in the same boat. So I am “soldiering” on . And , yes, I am drinking water [ somedays so much water is making me nauseous ] , lowered my carbs, upped my good fats and stopped counting cals which was the advice of a a few of you, which has certainly made life in the kitchen [ is there any other place to be ? ] better, I can actually get out into the lounge room a bit now. If weight loss is slowing down at this time in the diet, I find it hard to be positive for the next 6 weeks ! I read of all you good people starting to lose again after a plateau but can’t really believe this will happen to me, fingers crossed.
    jillyB

• posted by bob fox
    on

Don’t despair jillyB, I’m on week 12 now and have lost 48lbs so far. First week I lost 7lbs, 2nd week 6lbs then 3rd week only 1lb. I thought that was it but stuck to it and 4th week I did 6lbs. Some have a plateau early on or some later, but keep at it and the results at the end are worth it. Don’t forget, it is an 8 week plan not a 3 week plan.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi jillyb
    I’m not one of the forum’s big losers – 15 and a half pounds in 11 weeks. It has been quite erratic, no real pattern, some weeks three pound, others one pound, others nothing. I put on last week and that was because I let my plateau get to me and I went off piste. In three days I’ve lost what I gained and a little bit more. So, the conclusion I am coming to is even if you do the same things day in day out, your body has its own ideas about when it will relinquish the weight. All you can do is keep good records and keep the faith until your body decides it is time. It HAS to happen if you are doing the diet correctly, there’s no other way….eventually.

Please log in or register to post a reply.