Weightloss has stalled

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ami
    on

I have been losing weight steadily at an average 2lb per week and so far have lost 1 stone. BUT, I have been stuck on the same weight now for the last 11 days and it’s getting abit soul destroying. I’m not doing anything different so I’m at a loss as to what’s happening? Anyone had the same?

• posted by FoFi
    on

Ami, I have a lot of weight to lose and have been reasonably active and the weight has been coming off quite quickly ~ 2kg per week. I have been weighing myself daily and within that loss there are several periods without much loss and then sudden drops such as this week, not much at first then 300g yesterday and 800g today.

I do find it very hard when I have a few days of no movement though. Make sure you haven’t changed anything and persevere. Are you walking less? As you are now 1 stone lighter when you do walk about you are probably burning few calories – probably shouldn’t be a significant factor.

• posted by Ami
    on

Thanks FoFi, I did drop (at last) 1 1/2 lbs the day sfter my post, seems that body has decided to play ball again.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Ami, Fofi,
    Last week was week 3 for me and what a strange week it was! I put on weight for apparently no reason then today, after a completely off-piste day yesterday (deliberate as I was eating out for mothers day) I find I have lost a pound. Sometimes I think my body is on a 48 hour time delay! If it is, yesterdays nasties will catch up tomorrow!

• posted by Ami
    on

Hi Fofi, wierd isn’t it. I’m really pleased with the way things have gone, I’m just starting week seven, but I suppose the body does what the body does and as long as the trend is downward there’s no need to worry.

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

I,ve never been on a diet which DIDN,T stall after a few weeks. It’s always the same.
    Just carry on doing what you know is the right thing and it WILL come good in the end.
    BUT…… it is SOOO frustrating!”!!

• posted by Ami
    on

Thanks stringbreaker and good luck.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Baggy knickers!
    Yesterday, while I was out walking, I noticed flappy fabric around my upper thighs and wondered what was going on.
    Loose knicker elastic perhaps? Today’s underwear also felt rather roomy.
    So consolation that into Week 6 and it seems to be harder to lose the pounds quickly.
    Weightloss has stalled but I must be shrinking.:-)

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Hi Ami,
    Hope things are moving for you by now, but I thought I’d share my fellow dieters frustration with you because that sometimes helps. I’m a VERY target driven dieter, and draw up graphs and charts and projections etc. etc.
    These are great fun to fill in when you lose a pound or two but so demoralising when you don’t.
    Like you, I’ve been stuck at a weight (or, actually, gone up a pound or two) now for some time, but in my heart of hearts, I know that the day will come when it will all start to go in the right direction again.
    I suspect that none of the weight gains or losses shown on the scales is a true representation of what’s going on inside, and that the weight you are showing now is no more accurate than the reading that last gave a wieght loss. There are so many factors, such as fluid retention and food still going through the system which also play their part. (Not to mention the scales)
    As long as we are all doing the right thing, it WILL come good in the end – we just have to keep our heads down and wait for the outward manifestations to appear.
    Yours in slowly disappearing patience,
    Stringbreaker

• posted by Ami
    on

Hi Stringbreaker,

Thanks so much for that. Glad to report things are on the move again, and in the right direction! Another 1 1/2 lb lighter than yesterday. There’s still something in the back of my mind warning me that it may be too good to be true (stupid I know) but I’m going to allow myself some smugness, for today at least. Keep the faith!

Ami

Please log in or register to post a reply.