'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Patsy
    on

It’s my first day and I’ve read through a lot of the comments to help motivate me. Seems like most people are doing brilliantly – well done.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

This time next week you’ll be one of those posting the motivating comments for others to follow Patsy
    Best of luck on the journey and if you need any help, just give a shout out
    Have you set any targets or just taking the “accept the best” approach ?

• posted by Fi
    on

Well survived my long weekend away – found eating a lot easier than I thought it would be (eggs for breakfast, soup or salad for lunch and either meat or fish with veggies for dinner) so that was good. We were travelling with my 90 year old mother-in-law though which was a bit stressful so I did indulge in a glass of wine every night! No weight loss this week but I haven’t put any on either, so I am quite happy with that – have to knuckle down to it this week though (no hot cross bun or mini eggs for me)!!.

• posted by Larpent
    on

End of second week weigh in, wasn’t overly pleased but noticed a lot of people do stall a bit so trying to feel motivated, well after reading all these posts it has kept me going. So weigh in was half a kilo this week, 3 kilos in total. 2 1/2 inches off of waist, so that’s a bonus. Feel slimmer but would like the scales to start moving down now otherwise might find this harder to keep to! So much energy though and sleep so amazingly well. Carbs have always been under 40 and drinking water and herbal tea to keep me hydrated but constapation has kicked in big time on this second week, 7 days now, so on the physillium husks twice a day, God hope it works soon, might loose extra weight! Good luck everyone for what ever week you are on, keep going ๐Ÿ˜€ Any suggestions for better free food loggers, I use my fitness pal but it doesn’t record fibre, maybe I need to monitor that as well as everything else, what a challenge. Thanks

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi larpent, losing so much from your waist sounds like you are burning quite a lot of fat. Perhaps scales which show fat% would encourage you some more ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Larpent
    on

Oh yes that would be nice! Didn’t really think they exist, being in France there’s so much else to concentrate on. Will look them up maybe but things here are more expensive than uk and I’m trying now not to weigh every day! I’ve always been a slow looser and never measured my waist, so this time around that’s what I did, that will keep me going, scales do fluctuate sooo much and I’m one to constantly weigh myself. My midwife all those years ago told me to always go on clothes size rather than weight. I exercise Zumba and do a lot of walking so exercise is not a problem, just keeping going and cooking for a family is harder, I think I will cook separate things now for me and my family as too tempted to nibble on theirs! Last night they had sausage and mash whilst I had stuffed mushroom and salad, but I feel good and this forum is soooo supportive, excellent positive people, must get on ๐Ÿ‘

• posted by GwendolineAnn
    on

Well done to all of you have lost weight. I have weighed in this morning after my first week on the diet and I have lost an incredible 6lbs. Although I must say I don’t feel like I have lost that amount. Probably because I have so much to lose that it isn’t going to feel like it yet. Maybe next week. I find that I usually dip in feeling tired and hungry around 15.00hrs, I usually get a drink of warm water and that seems to satisfy me until I get home. I have cut my coffe consumption down to 3 cups a day, which is very good for me. I found the weekend a little difficult, not quite as easy as the week days. Have a good week everyone.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Great weight loss GwendolineAnne, you will soon begin to notice that clothes begin to feel looser and then you will know your body is rewarding you for the steps you are taking ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Mumofsome
    on

Hi there, I’ve just started today and I’m so encouraged by how well everyone on here is doing, and how supportive you are. I’ve procrastinated about doing BSD for about a month, ‘there’s never a right time to start’, ‘oh but this function is coming up’, ‘when am I going to find the time to get it all organised’ – all those rubbish excuses. But after a weekend of baking cakes with my children I’ve realised now is the time! I got my birthday coming up on Easter Sunday so it could be double trouble, but it really is now or never. Have a great week. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Shrinkydinkyman
    on

I love this new way of eating. Got on the scales this morning, delighted to report that i am now exactly two stone lighter than i was at the start of this journey. Also five inches has disappeared from my waist measurement.
    Still about a stone and a half to go, so may have to do about 10 weeks. But has i had one week break from 800 cals and maintained, i know that long term this is an achievable lifestyle choice.
    Best wishes to everyone. Hope you all achieve your goals. It feels fantastic.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hey Mumofsome welcome to the forums and a whole new lifestyle
    You’ve already seen some of the success stories on here, now’s the time for you to join them.
    Just stick to the diet (800 cals sounds scary but it’s amazing how full you feel when eating 800 cals of the RIGHT food ) Drink lots of water, try for at least 2 ltrs a day and 3 if you can, unsweetened tea, coffee, etc can be counted, and above all, remember to get some fat into your daily food, it keeps you full and gets your body into fat burning mode.
    We are all here to help you along the way so keep posting your progress and if you have any problems, just shout. (do it at night and watch what I laughingly call the “Australian Air Diet Ambulance Brigade” appear like a flash
    Enjoy your next 8 weeks, It’s going to be awesome.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Mumofsome
    Welcome on board and well done for taking the plunge. As you say there is never a perfect time to start this but, as you read around the threads, you will see that people are managing to still have great lives and enjoy all those events and still stay on track so we have every faith in you! Let us know how this first week goes for you and use us as much as you need to.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Mumofsome. Welcome to the BSD family.

Well done on jumping in, you’ll find support, advice (and some laughs) on here.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Thanks, Bill.

I want to lose just over two stone, but I’m not expecting to do that in the eight weeks. My plan is to stick to it for eight weeks, then gradually increase what I eat and have a few carbs so I lose the rest more slowly and gradually find what’s right for me to maintain my weight.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

No problem Patsy
    You know, you may just surprise yourself.
    Lots of folks have managed to get 2 stone off in the 8 weeks, I think I may just miss it as I have lost 23lbs ATM but another 5 in a week is a big ask.
    Whatever happens, you’re going to be a lot closer to your target than you are today.
    Enjoy the trip

• posted by Gillybee
    on

This diet works! I started the BSD 6 weeks ago, I went on holiday after 2 weeks and put on 4 lbs during the 2 weeks away but knew I could do something about it when I got home. Overall I have lost just over 15 lbs over the remaining 4 weeks. I have lost weight previously on the ‘Pig2twig’ diet (a steady 2lbs a week) but am enjoying these recipes as I can eat some fruit and the weight loss is more dramatic, my willpower and motivation is much stronger this time ( it needs to be at 60 years old-it’s now or never!)
    My husband has also lost 9 pounds over the last 2 weeks and being a taxi driver leads quite a sedentary working life he is thrilled.
    We both have another 40 lbs each to lose but we’re sure this is achievable this time.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oh goody, looks like there are going to be quite a few old timers carrying on into the unknown realms of the post 8 week mark.
    I’m sure if we all hold hands and play nice, we will all get to where we want to be. Why ? because (and I say this without a shadow of a doubt ) WE CAN
    (Also we have captainlynne as a guardian angel)

• posted by Purplepenguin
    on

Thanks for that here goes upping the steps………

• posted by Scotgran
    on

6 weeks on the diet tomorrow, one stone off, waist measurement down four inches. I’ve been no angel, had a few naughty weekend evenings where I’ve had couple of glasses of wine which took me over the 800 but not by much. Had no goal in mind as I’m not diabetic but want to keep going until my BMI is healthy. It’s already down from obese to overweight so all in all I’m pleased. Easter weekend with the family at our seaside place, ice cream chocolate and fish and chips to be avoided. I’m determined!

• posted by Grandma48
    on

Bill
    This is another old-timer here determined to lose the weight that has appeared from I know not where over the past 15 years. It’s like that game where one child faces the wall and all the others creep up slowly behind him/her and if he/she turns and catches another child moving they are out, but the careful very cautious ones, get to touch the shoulder of the one facing the wall and they win. That’s how the pounds have piled on – slowly and stealthily, they’ve finally tapped me on my shoulder, and now I am going to chase them all away. I’m just starting week 4 and have decided I need to be a bit stricter with myself cos I’m not seeing the weight loss massively. Having said which my trousers are loose round my middle, and the crotch is heading towards my knees, so I guess some has shifted. In fact I went trouser hunting on Saturday and managed a whole size down, and I didn’t even have to breathe in and hold that breath to get them done up…..
    Good luck to all the newbies on here and a million thanks to you Bill, Captain Lynne, Hashimoto and all the other inspiring crew.
    Janice

• posted by georgiarose
    on

Hi Janice and all,
    Another tribal elder here ๐Ÿ™‚ Week 3 for hubby and me and have hit a plateau the last few days with weight, but my BS finally hit the high fives ๐Ÿ™‚ fasting and post prandial. The first two weeks the kilos fled, but now time to get serious and recommitted! The good kitchen scales and the EasyDietDiary (Apple app) make calorie counting very easy, just need to keep my mind off snacks and feel good about feeling hungry before eating. Amazing to actually feel full after a small plate of food! Indeed, it has taken many years for the accumulation of all that visceral fat challenging my pancreas. It can’t be lost without real commitment. Good on you, everyone for sharing and caring.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Bill, I’ve been called a lot of things but never ‘guardian angel’. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ *blushes*

Janice, you are very welcome. We are all in this together, and if those that have been on it longer can help the newbies, we are happy to do what we can.

Going well, georgiarose. The BSD is truly amazing. Keep letting us know your progress.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Georgiarose that’s good news about your blood sugars ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Grandma48 isn’t it lovely when you can suddenly fit comfortably in smaller sizes! I love hearing news like that ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Scotgran – amazing results, go on, have the fish and remove the batter ( an average of 200 cals of fish) the taste is great, I tried it one night last week. Luxury without the falling of the wagon! And you will be part of the family food fest! ๐Ÿ™‚ Not sure what the calories are in mushy peas because I don’t eat them but fish and mushy peas is a good supper! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Had it one night last week but cooked the fish without batter.
    It was delicious with the home made mushy peas and took me back to the old days, minus the chips of course.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi georgiarose
    Don’t let the lack of weigh loss at this point derail you. These events are common on this diet, so just stick to you guns and eventually you will see the kgs start to fall again. You have done well to date, so use that positive to keep you focused. Let us know how you get on.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

I made the mistake of buying new set of scales this weekend and though they are good quality they read 0.3 kg higher than my old ones and an older inherited one. We had them for around 30 years! Anyway, keeping the new ones recycling the old ones, bit like myself…

• posted by sooze39
    on

We also bought new scales in Week 2 (on about Week 7 or 8 now, have lost count a bit), after we discovered that our old scales were completely erratic and unreliable. Unsure therefore exactly what we weighed to begin with, or accurately how much we’ve lost, but both husband and I reckon we’ve lost around a stone. However, my weight has stalled completely in the past 3 weeks (not put any on though, which is good)…..this is due to not paying as much attention as we should to the program as we’ve been going through a lot of stress recently with problems with husband’s job and a close relative’s probable kidney cancer diagnosis. When I’m stressed, it’s always my diet that suffers – I just can’t concentrate on eating healthily. Job situation now resolved, so at least that’s one stress out of the way. Anyway, today I am wearing a pair of jeans I haven’t even been able to get into for a good couple of years….I don’t even know what made me try them on, but am glad I did – what a boost! I also bought some ketostix…..did the first test this morning, I’m not in ketosis (I knew I wouldn’t be), but it’s spurred me on to concentrate properly on the plan and cut more carbs, which were beginning to creep up again.

• posted by tinforest
    on

I am disheartened. I have been so accurate, no cheating (don’t even want to) and at the end of day 9 i have barely lost 1 kilo. Am i expecting too much?

Congratulations to everyone who has lost great numbers – must feel so amazing!!

• posted by Grandma48
    on

Hi tinforest
    Don’t be disheartened. I too am a slow loser in kgs, but have you tried measuring yourself? I’ve dropped a size in trousers, lost inches on the tops of my arms, my shoulders (where I didn’t even know I was carrying fat), my waist, hips and thighs are all down on when I started. I’m just starting my fourth week. If you haven’t already measured, do so now, record as many measurements as you can and check back in a week! The guys on here – so supportive – say that sometimes the figure on the scales doesn’t go down because our fat cells are now full of water, but the inches are falling away. Stay strong and focused – you will soon see some results.

• posted by tinforest
    on

Thanks Grandma48 – it’s a slog at the moment and I have been so diligent! Just having a moan – not ready to throw towel in yet but hard to hear about all the great weight loss going on. Fingers crossed I wake up one day and poof it’s gone! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks again for support x

• posted by tinforest
    on

Oh and am off to measure my bits!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Help!!! None of my trousers fit anymore….and as for the underwear;-0.

End of Week 7 and I have lost 16lbs. Think I will carry on the diet until I am out of the ‘overweight zone’ if I can.
    This diet is completely doable and a life changer.

On the subject of the stalling weight issue. Between Week 5 and today, for a whole 10 days, my weight stubbornly stayed the same or went up a pound (yikes!). Then for the following four days I lost a pound every day.

Keep telling myself that as a determined character I can stick to this diet despite small setbacks.
    After all I am the only person who can fix my health.
    Good luck everyone. May the inches and weight fall away.

• posted by Grandma48
    on

Tinforest
    I endorse ay caramba’s final comment – may the inches and weight fall away!
    Good luck xx

• posted by Mumofsome
    on

Thanks for the warm welcome. Day 2 for me and I’m feeling pretty chuffed that I’ve not had any massive hunger pangs. I did go to bed realllllly early yesterday evening, got to kick the snacking with TV habit, and I got a bit peckish at work this morning but got past it by having a bit of sugar free gum (which I don’t plan on relying on for too long). Onwards and upwards!! X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Mumofsome
    When you get peckish, try a glass of water. This will help to stave off the pangs and help with your fluid intake at the same time. Good luck on the continued journey, hope you have great results at the end of your first week – keep us posted.

• posted by GwendolineAnn
    on

Thank you for encouragement- I hadn’t told my husband that I had lost weight. I thought I would wait until he noticed. I didn’t have to wait for long. 2nd day of 2nd week and the comment tonight was you’ve lost weight, (even though I don’t feel like it) but I will take every compliment I can get. I’m one for usually in the chocolate cupboard but at the moment don’t really want it, and that’s a first for me. Keep up the good work everyone.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Yayyyy go me!!!!!

First stone lost! Just another one to go and for the first time in years I actually believe I can do it!

Thanks to everyone on these forums, it makes such a big difference to be able to share the highs and lows. Especially the highs!

• posted by Kes
    on

Well done Janet, (can’t wait to lose my first stone) and everyone else and thanks for all the encouragement.

I forgot to come back and post my week 2 results so here they are now, another 2lbs down (10lbs total in 2 weeks) and another inch off my belly so 2 inchs total.

• posted by Whalleyrange
    on

Well week one is over and I have lost 3kg and 5cm from my belly. I can look down and just about see my toes for the first time in a while. Have really enjoyed reading the positive contributions on the forums which are full of good ideas and encouragement. Feeling very positive about going forward with the 800.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Way to go Janet !!!
    That first stone mark is magical isn’t it ?
    Here’s to the next one
    Kes, nice to see you again, you’re doing well too, keep those good figures up
    Whalleyrange, that can’t be bad at all for just a week can it ?
    I’ve reintroduced myself to my toes over the last couple of weeks, it’s strange to be able to look down and see them rather than needing a mirror.
    Won’t be long before you’re making new holes in your belt.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Fantastic news Janet, there’ll be no stopping you now!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Kes, well done, I love the inches of the belly – it’s a lovely feeling, and 10lbs is a lot ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Well done Janet, great result. ๐Ÿ™‚ half way to your goal.
    Kes you’ve not got much to go until you’ve lost your first stone. Then we’ll hear you cheering!!
    Whalleyrange, that’s pretty impressive one week into it. Keep posting you’ll definitely inspire others.
    Always so good to read everyone’s achievements.

• posted by Kes
    on

Thanks Bill and a big wave as I saw your post in Time Out on UKBF and realised who you were. My other half and partner in crime on the 800 BSD is Tin (of Fresh Bananas). He’s doing well too, 8lbs down in the two weeks but must admit he’s roaming round the house like a bear with a sore head asking if he can just eat this or that. He’s definitely snacking too much. Well done on getting reacquainted with your toes and also for all the words of encouragement it really helps us newbies.

Thanks Hashimoto, yes the inches off the belly is great and everything fits so much better.

• posted by Kes
    on

Thanks Cherrianne, I’ll definitely be singing and cheering! Trying hard to visualise 4 lb down by next weigh in but need to get off my butt and do some exercise. It’s amazing how many reasons I can find for not getting any exercise.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hey Hi Kes
    Tell Ray I’m asking after him.
    Great to see you both here, I hope you both get where you want to be soon
    You should both be past the starting problems now so progress should be a doddle
    For those who don’t know, Fresh bananas isn’t a food program, it’s an internet SEO course ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oh for Gods sake
    Middle East spam hitting us again (most spam on the net originates in that area)
    Reporting this and please be clear
    NO ONE ON THIS FORUM IS INTERESTED IN YOUR QUACK REMEDIES

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Wondered why that post was worded so closely to mine Bill. In my ignorance I thought it was the language barrier. Didn’t follow the link though. Good job you’re on the ball. ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.