weeks 3 and 4 with little loss at all

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by orgally
    on

I have around four stones to lose and have just completed week four. Week three and four I have lost one and a half pounds and less than a pound respectively and this despite using around 2500 – 3000 calories a day. What is wrong?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Orgally, and welcome to the community! If you enter “plateau” in the search box, there have been many posts on
    this subject that might be of interest to you. Have a look! There is an entire community of very experienced BSDers here
    and we’d be happy to share our journeys to success with you, but your question re “what is wrong” is too broad based
    to reply to without additional info on calories, exercise, water consumption and the BIG one, net carbs per day. Do
    you weigh and measure your food, or simply rely on the recipe books? Does allocating your macros play a part in
    the way you have been approaching this lifestyle? Are you embarking on this for weight loss and general health,
    or have you a pre-diabetic or T2D diagnosis to contend with? Lots of useful advice can be found here, but we need
    just a little more information 🙂 I’m looking forward to reading more about your successes and concerns, so best of
    luck to you!!!

Allie

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

One and a half pounds is pretty good for a week 3, I have a feeling I was lower than that. Look up plateau as Allie suggests, and also Whoosh effect. As you empty the fat cells water is often stored in them instead until they finally collapse and you lose a couple of pounds overnight. This phase is often associated with inch loss, even if the weight loss slows, so check your measurements as well, or try on a formerly tight piece of clothing.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You didn’t mention how much you lost in weeks one and two or how much you have lost overall. Weight lose is not linear and it is not unusual for there to be less lost in weeks three and four, as the body adjusts. As Allie says, there can be many factors which can influence weight lose, however some people will lose much more slowly than others regardless. Good hydration is essential to weight lose and lowering your carb in take could well help, but as Allie mentioned, it would be helpful to know a bit more about your approach to BSD, to make it easier to offer some ideas going forward.

Please log in or register to post a reply.