Week two, no weight loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by freya122
    on

Hi all,

I started the diet on Monday a week ago. Starting weight was 68.5kg. By Sunday morning I was 66.5kg and that is where I have stayed – Monday 66.6, Tuesday 66.6 and now today, 66.6.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Feeling frustrated ๐Ÿ™

• posted by sydneygirl
    on

Hi Freya122

I have felt your fustration, the first two weeks just drag on in terms of time and waiting for a good result. You have already done well in losing 2kgs!

Its normal for it to go a little slow initially for some of us. I am a similar weight and sometimes I take at least two weeks to show a weight loss. Sometimes your clothes are a better indicator of cms lost rather than weight. Keep the faith!

• posted by Lilipealea
    on

Hi Freya,
    I wonder if the amount your body needs to lose overall will affect the rate? At 66kg you’re not enormous and so the loss might be slower. I know too that in the past, my hormonal cycle can affect weight loss for me and it seems to get delayed.
    Are you using a tracker like MyFitnessPal? Although I find it tiresome and clunky, I have been putting my recipes into it so that I know that I am not ruining a day of 800 cal eating inadvertently. For example, my cauliflower soup is 81 calories for a big mug of it and it’s a great lunch for a working day.
    I also agree with Sydneygirl – measure yourself and use some clothing that was a bit tight as a benchmark. I often think that the person who invented stretchy fabric, where you can slowly expand and still get into the blooming clothing, should be shot! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Apart from 66.6 being a well known number (as espoused by Iron Maiden), it is generally accepted that people who have more weight to lose, when using a calorie restricted diet will lose weight faster than those who have less weight to lose. I weigh every week instead of every day. You weight can fluctuate daily based on a variety of reasons, oddly enough I read this article this morning – it was also titled Why your weigh fluctuates by 5lb per day – >
    http://greatist.com/health/understanding-scale-bloat-and-weight-loss

You will lose weight, just keep up what you are doing!

• posted by freya122
    on

Thanks so much everyone :). I’m not using myfitnesspal at present but just going off the recipes in the book. I think I read somewhere that the calories listed against some of them are wrong? Fingers crossed the ones I’m using are ok. I’ve stuck to just a few recipes as I’m very busy with work and need to keep things as simple as possible :). Each morning I’ve just had the yoghurt with passion fruit and almond flakes, lunch has either been the haloumi and zucchini salad / prawn pho / avocado and tuna, and dinner has either been baked fish with veggies / Mexican hash or omelette with peas and baby spinach if I’ve snuck in a coffee during the day (no sugar).

I’m still struggling with sugar cravings but it’s starting to get easier. I’m missing bad carbs lol

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

As Sydneygirl will testify, I didn’t have too much to lose and got a bit frustrated not to see big losses immediately.

However (in lbs) I lost c 20lbs in 8 weeks going from 10st 8lb to 9st 1lb.

So my advice is

Get MyFitnessPal and some little scales
    Measure what you eat and check the nutrients
    Try to keep the carbs low – I kept mine to under 20g per day.
    Up the fat – cheese, full fat dairy, olive oil, nuts, oily fish like salmon – within your calories. It fills you up.
    You will be surprised how many carbs there are in fruit (having seen this I decided to swerve fruit more or less entirely.
    Plan your day with the MFP and you can see how many carbs you have left to play with.
    And MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE as sometimes weight is slow to come off but you look slimmer and clothes fit.

If I can do it, you can. Here I am wearing clothes I’ve not fitted in for 5 years. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck!

• posted by freya122
    on

Thanks Igorasusual :). Weight 66.0 today and I did as you’d suggested – 4cm off hips and 2.5cm off waist. Back moving in the right direction – yay! Target is 60kg.

• posted by Josijo
    on

Bit of advice you lovely people please. I started the diet 2 weeks ago and 1st week down from 11st 4 to 10 st 11, can’t remember when I saw that on the scales but week 2 and I have lost 1/2 a pound only. I’ve read that we are all different but this week I thought it would fall off me. I have not been well, must not have been because I have not been able to eat. Not a problem I usually suffer with I hasten to add and have had nowhere near 800 calories or more than 50 gm of carbs a day. Has anyone else had this? I have lost 3 inches off my waist though where I need to loose it but most importantly and I tend to forget my real motivater in this are my blood sugars. I have been diabetic for over 20 years and wasn’t expecting miracles just thought it would great not to have to inject myself 5 times a day and guess what my blood sugars are perfect better than they were when injecting so much insulin so that’s a massive bonus! Going to stick with it, who wouldn’t in my case but thought if I could get rid of some of the other Medes that go hand in hand with diabetes.
    Thanks for listening. Xxx

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Josijo,

I mentioned on another thread that over the last 11 weeks on BSD I have had periods where my weight has remained static and my waist measurement has dropped and similarly have had several days where my weight has dropped but my waist has not changed. My conclusion is that I don’t really understand but my body must just be adapting to the new nutrition levels and mix.

My solution has been to record everything in a spreadsheet and work on a rolling seven day average. This seems to make more sense as it smooths out the anomalies.

Good luck, hope you’re feeling better and my advice is just to persevere. Great news on the BS levekls.

• posted by Happyhols
    on

It was good to read these posts freya122….I am near enough your starting weight and have only been doing the Bsd for 5 days (I was told I would see a weight loss after 5 days) my weigh in this morning saw no change…Im going to keep going because its early days, but will watch out for your posts to compare weigh ins……..
    Its all new to me but will follow the diet religiously…..fingers crossed….

Please log in or register to post a reply.