Week of 9/26 starters let's keep each other on track!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cailleach
    on

Hi, I am a new starter today and it’s so encouraging to read of everyone’s progress, and yes, the hiccups and pauses too.

My BP (prior to taking medication) was up at 244/165 which is ridiculous, I was hospitalised because of it, and told to lose weight. This was a year ago, and I’ve been in denial since. So thrilled to have a system that works, and gives you long term management methods as well, and good to see people’s BP coming down so well. I would LOVE to come off these pills, but with over 120lbs to lose, I’ve got a bit to go before that.

Keep going. 8 Weeks is nothing really when you look at it is it? πŸ˜€ (I must remind myself of that one day when I am craving some chocolate or something!)

Catriona

• posted by Maccaslim
    on

End of week 4 and another 4lb lost making a grand total of 1st 7lbs (21).Feeling good but this is the first time I have actually missed the masses of fruit I used to eat ,hopefully the craving will go ..Hubby reports his blood sugars are consistently in the normal range and booked into see the Diabetic nurse next Monday.. Hope you are all doing well ☺

• posted by Feelinghopeful
    on

Hi all. OK for me week 1 lost 7lb. Week 2 lost 2lb. Week 3 lost 0lb. Week 4 lost 0lb. So a little despondent. Have started to do loads of walking. Also perhaps have not been so strict lately. Perhaps am answering my own question here! Do you think the weight loss will start again. Have lost a lot of cm though. Have you all cut out the coffee? Thinking that might help. Think I need more tips. Ta πŸ™‚

• posted by sparks78
    on

Hello 9/26 starters,
    I started then too – so have just come to the end of the fourth week / starting week five.
    It’s interesting reading around the forum – and the posts people have made who are despondent with the speed of their weight loss – and for one moment, I wondered if I should be disappointed too.
    I started at 110.3kg and lost 3.1kg in the first week. In the second, 1.2kg; third week 0.6kg; and fourth week 0.9kg.
    So I’m now 104.3kg, just a nats off losing 1 stone in 4 weeks.
    And I realise – although I’d love to have lost more – the fact I’ve lost practically a stone in one month is great – and I should be very happy with myself.
    If at the end of 8 weeks, I can be at 98kg / 2 stone lighter, I will be over the moon.
    I’ve actually enjoyed the diet – have experimented with lots of different recipes and ingredients in a way I never have done before.
    Good luck for the next 4 weeks. I’m now of the mentality any weight loss is amazing – and at least I’m not putting it on.

• posted by DebS35
    on

Hi there,
    I hope you don’t mind me posting; I started on 26th Sept, and am so pleased to have reached the half-way point without (so far) slipping. I have lost 18lb so far, 3″ from my waist, and my BMI has dropped from 41.9 to 38 – still not ideal but I’m in a better place than 4 weeks ago πŸ™‚ I have been lurking on the forum for a bit so thank you all for the positive posts that are spurring people like me on.
    I started this as I attend a slimming club and was yo-yoing between my start weight and 8lbs from this, for over a year. Once I read this book everything clicked into place as to how I digested food, and it has changed my outlook on this especially carbs and sugar. I feel massively better in myself and haven’t once been tempted to stray as I feel I’d be letting myself down after investing myself in this way of eating – and believe me, I’m not normally strong on the whole willpower thing!
    I have to admit to bring scared of what post-week eight will bring as I don’t want to undo my good work, and I am a lot more conscious of eating fresh and non-processed now – I’ll be keeping an eye on here for any tips!
    Carry on everyone, and thanks again for the support that has been evident on here.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Wow! That’s amazing results for 4 weeks DebS35. Keep going. Like you say, it’s really reading that book properly and understanding it that spurs you through those first difficult weeks. You’ll hopefully find that, like me, the post-eight weeks isn’t as hard as you think. You’re used to the new way of eating and it makes you feel better than other ways. It’s the extra good fats and the water drinking that helps you feel full and stick to the good habits!

• posted by Kjandtheboys
    on

Hi all
    It’s been a little while since I last posted…. Busy with life and being a mother to 4 lively energetic boys!
    Well I FEEL LIKE A DIFFERENT WOMAN!
    I’ve just finished week 4, have lost 19lbs in weight, 5″ off my tummy. I’m wearing clothes that I’ve not been able to wear for about 2 years. Despite having a plateau in week2/3, I have fairly consistently lost each week. I’ve even been out for meals with friends and had the odd glass of red wine here and there.
    I think the difference for me has been drinking significantly more water….. Compared to before BSD I feel soggy with all the water, but actually the more water I drink = the bigger the weight loss!
    I treated myself to a nice haircut at the weekend as a “non-calorie” reward for my efforts….. I’m definitely starting to feel less middle-age mummy and more towards the fab at 40!!
    Initially I wasn’t sure I’d be able to loose weight on this plan as thought I would never be able to stick to the 800 cals. But now it just feels naturalπŸ‘
    I sat down to a starter/appetiser size meal on Saturday when out for a meal and ate it, felt completely satiated and enjoyed every mouthful… Even when the other guests ate main courses/entrees after their starters!
    I’m tending to use the slim fast advanced nutrition shake for weekday breakfast purely for convenience as I’m ferrying kids here there and everywhere from 6am (school starts really early over here in the USA) but I’m still ferrying them at 9am as different kids have to be in different places. The shake gets drunk in the car whilst waiting in queues!!!
    Weekend brunches are a treat mostly a luxurious omlette with smoked salmon.

PLEASE stick with this even if you’re plateauing….. Maybe try upping your water some more…… I honestly cannot believe the difference in me in just 4 weeks….. I am almost feeling overwhelmed at the thought of what I could actually achieve by end of week 8……. Cannot believe I’m half way through!!!
    Truly ecstatic at the moment and this forum has definitely kept me on track…. In the early days if I had a hunger pang I would sit with a big bottle of water and read this forum until the pangs had disappeared!!
    THANK YOU ALL for your ongoing support xxx

• posted by NewForestDieter
    on

Kjandtheboys – well done

I’ve lost 14lbs. 2nd week I was on holiday, fallen off the wagon a few times and never miss my skinny cappuccino each morning but still doing well.

My tastes have changed enormously but I don’t seem to have lost any inches unfortunately!

on

Yeah I agree about changing tastes. Lots of the things I have tried have been lovely and sugary things now taste much too sweet.

• posted by Getting my life back
    on

Kjandtheboys well done on your weight loss that is fantastic for 4 weeks I am on the plateau but reading your blog I will perceive and drink more water that is where I think I am failing. Lost 10lbs in 3 weeks but that is still amazing for me long way still to go. Have a good week everyone x

• posted by Kjandtheboys
    on

Gettingmylifeback; newforestdieter; feeling hopeful- thank you for your positive comments and encouragement.
    You are also doing amazingly….. I never fail to remind myself how hard I found the first week adjusting to less calories and changing my thought processes to eating full-fat products.
    I believe that anyone who takes this plan and embarks on it will see positive rewards… Sometimes they take a bit longer than for others….
    We all fall off the wagon at some point….I found a period of time with as minimal distractions as possible…. But I’m hoping with Decembers build up to Christmas I’ll do a month of 5:2 then if I need to get back on the fast800 in January.
    Let’s keep each other on the straight and narrow!! Here’s to a good week and weight loss next week x

• posted by Maccaslim
    on

Hello ,how are all doing ? At the end if week 5 I have lost in total 24lbs ,I am officially shrinking ! Hubby who has diabetes is now in the normal weight range and his blood sugar readings have been in the normal range for the last few weeks ,He had been to the Diabetic nurse this morning who has said wait for the blood results on Thursday and if his results come back normal then they are going to drop two of his metformin off…she is concerned about whether he could maintain a low carb life …we shall see 😁

on

Hi
    10lbs only. Though I admit to going up to 1100 calories a few times so I am now trying harder to stay hungry rather than give into it. I have come off the plateau though. Best news is I am walking lots. Up to 9000 steps a day including walks in the country at the weekend. As a lifestyle change it is very positive in lots of ways. I make more effort with meals even though there are fewer calories. I have more motivation. How about everyone else?

• posted by Ariana
    on

Hi – since 26th I’ve gone from 15 stone to 14 2.5 – so thats 11.5 lbs. I’ve tried harder this last week though probably over 800 cals some days and I’ve lost 4 lbs so I’d love to keep that sort of rate up as it really is encouraging – that’s a stone a month!
    Feeling hopeful – I read that walking is more sustainable than running and it’s a great habit to get into – I’ve been cycling to work and doing yoga but could do with increasing my step count during the day. Downward Dog is getting easier on my wrists as I get lighter.
    I too am finding I’m planning meals better – adapting meals so my son can still have what he wants to eat.
    I’ve just had Halloween trick or treaters call and they seemed a little disappointed with their satsumas as I no longer keep sweets in the house!

on

Ha that’s funny! Satsumas.
    Downward dog is never easy so you are doing well to manage it at all πŸ™‚

• posted by Cecily
    on

Wow, well done everyone!
    After 5 weeks I have lost 8.3 kg (18lbs) but most importantly my blood pressure has gone from Holy Crap to normal.
    What’s ahead for us all? After 800 BSD, what is the plan?
    I’m not sure how to manage my way forward. I want to keep working towards a healthier life but I can’t face another swathe of 800 calorie weeks after 21 November. I want some more wiggle room for the occasional pasta dish and so on.

• posted by YellowRose
    on

I started on the 19 Oct 2016, weighing in at 263.6Lbs, week 1 I loss 8lbs, week 2 down another 4lbs. week 3 standing still. Has anyone else stalled so early in the game. I have no problem with 800 calories and staying under 25 carbs. Any ideas how to continue the weight loss. I no I probably worrying to early excited about the weight loss.

• posted by shalimar
    on

I have noticed quite a few posts where people have reached a plateau in the early weeks so your situation isn’t unusual. Your lovely body is probably taking some time to adjust … bodies always like to go for homeostasis … a fancy word for they are always re-balancing. I think it’s also why some people have more times when they feel cold.

HUGS

• posted by Avila
    on

Hi Yellowrose – lots of people stall on the scale, but does not mean the process is stalling. losses are not even and the first weeks include some of the ‘easy wins’ topping up’ the numbers. The starting numbers can boost our expectations compare to the usual suggestions of 2lbs a week – that would be 6 weeks work, and you are on week 3. And your work will emerge as a whoosh loss down the way. Think of it as having to wait for payday even though you earned the salary today.

• posted by Avila
    on

Cecily,

this plan is great as it offers different levels of following the principles – from the weight loss 800cal to maintaining a healthy lifestyle with the Med style eating. And inbetween is the 5:2, so you can have the wriggle room and space to make this a lifestyle, think of the 8 weeks as a kick start for the wider plan, and the carb detox.

• posted by Kjandtheboys
    on

Hi everyone
    It’s been a while since I logged in….. Decided last week I just needed to ease off. Straight back into it this week though. Yellowrose I too plateaued in week 3. Increase your water intake. It really helped me. So I’m 3 weeks away from heading into the 5:2 diet and hope to give myself a boost before Christmas. How is everyone else doing this week?

on

Hi
    I’m in my birthday week but have still lost weight. How good is that. I had a custard slice today. Maybe that is pushing it. Am doing some very long walks which makes me feel good. Got a spiralizer for my bday to try and vary my diet a bit more. Hope you are all doing well. I’m aiming to keep up the diet as long as I can and just allow myself many slip ups over Xmas. Need a bit more weight off yet. πŸ™‚

• posted by Ariana
    on

Hi everyone
    I lost 2.5 lbs last week; I’ve had a little of what I fancy to take away the feeling of hardship – a glass of white wine/ half a glass of beer and a very nice dark choc with lime. I know I can eat really well if I cook so I need to find time to prepare meals in advance. I find special occasions difficult and I must say a custard slice sounds good to me!

Christmas looks like it could be a testing time as at this rate I will still be a long way from my target. I’m on the border of obese/ overweight on the BMI scale so getting through that will be an important milestone next week.

• posted by Maccaslim
    on

My eight weeks are up and I have lost 27 lbs ! Feeling slimmer , healthier and am going to continue until Christmas as I still have to lose an awful lot…
    Hope everybody has had some success X

on

Hi
    Really well done. I am also keeping going. Have lost 10lb and got myself into some good exercise habits so it’s a good start.

• posted by Ariana
    on

Hi – I’ve lost 17.5 lbs in 8 weeks and I feel so much better about myself and I am much more flexible. I am now in the BMI overweight rather than obese category and I will keep going as it is becoming easier to eat well.
    I’ve not felt hungry and I don’t feel as if I’ve really had to put too much effort in. I still intend to learn to cook more interesting dishes and I feel able to start swimming again.
    My activity has been fairly low – I have a Fitbit and my steps are usually around 6000. I cycle a mile to work or walk one way and do yoga twice a week. And because I haven’t made an extraordinary effort I reckon I can keep going and ensure the weight doesn’t go on again as I enjoy becoming more active. I would like to eat more fruit but see anything but berries as a treat nowadays.
    So my aim is to go on for another 16 weeks with this diet and aim to get slim and fit for Spring. I will then look into moving to the 5:2 to ensure I keep the weight off and can enjoy some fast days.

Please log in or register to post a reply.