week 9

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by saloh
    on

hi there,

I’ve lost 2 stone pretty much keeping to the principles, no lapses, as in no alcohol , carbs etc. I need to lose at least another stone really according to the nurse, but to get into the healthy weight chart, more than a stone more like 2 to go. Ive done intermittent fasting as well, 16:8 which I find fine.
    I’m wondering how people have gotten on keeping on the regime, does the weight loss plateau, should I agitate to keep the weight loss going? Have people kept losing weight after 10 weeks?

good luck all , it does work, its the maintenance that I imagine is the hard part!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello saloh, and welcome to the community! I’m within 2 weeks of being in maintenance for 2 years, and it’s
    just a different kind of challenge. There are as many ways to do it as there are people on the forum 🙂
    Plateaus are very individual things, and they can occur at any time, without rhymne or reason. The most
    common way to break one is to drop your carbs. I had a great deal of weight to discard, and accomplished
    a loss of 140lbs (10stone) in10 months. There is really no reason to expect your results will be any different
    at the end of 10 weeks. Keeping alcohol out of the picture will serve you well, and it’s good to hear that you
    aren’t having any problems with this lifestyle. To be successful long term, it really must become a way of
    life, not a temporary fix for weight that has crept on. The longer you continue with it, the more tastes change,
    and after awhile it does become effortless. I hope that you are experiencing the increased energy and all
    the other benefits that accompany this WOE (Way of Eating). I hope that things continue to go well for you!
    There are many experienced BSDers on the forum, so just shout out if you need us. There is always one
    of us out and about! Congratulations on your successes thus far. You have all the tools to allow you to
    take this wherever you wish to go. Best to you,

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.