Week 5

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Collie
    on

Starting week 5 after a very sad weekend where I had to say goodbye to my beloved Colllie dog who collapsed at home. I have no problem with my decision to help him on his way , it is a true kindness, he left me with great dignity having had a very happy active life.
    I struggled naturally with food and sort of fell off the wagon, I am not beating myself up as life happens , I guess I need some supportive words to help me back on track .
    I need to pick myself up, shake myself off and remember what a lovely boy he was and get healthier for my other ones so I can run faster with them.
    Anyone have any tips for re grouping please . πŸ™‹πŸ»πŸ˜₯

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Ah that’s very sad Collie, I can imagine how difficult that must feel πŸ™ As you said at least he isn’t in pain and good to hear you have other gorgeous dogs to mind you.

Not here long enough maybe to give tips on re grouping except to say I feel for you and am sorry. I guess it’s important to have lots of self compassion in a sad time so understanding that you have to mind yourself – same as you would if a friend was sad. I am trying to get out of the mindset that sweet or unhealthy foods mean comfort – why should they be really when they make me feel unhealthy! – maybe minding yourself means taking the time to make healthy nurchuring foods and allowing yourself time outside in the sun and for yourself, to remember and get over your poor dog. xxx

• posted by thepolly
    on

Sad news but you know he’s out of pain and had a lovely life.

You already have your own advice for regrouping and that is to be healthy for your other furry family and be able to run faster with them.

I’m still finding I want to eat without anything particularly bad having happened or even feeling hungry at all. Just out of habit.

The best way I think, is to just take today as you’ve taken all the previous ones. If you do slip then shake it off and start again.

Big hugs, Polly x

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hello
    You obviously had a deep love for your collie and this was doubtless reciprocated.
    I know that throughout his life you would have done every thing in your power to keep him fit and in the best of health, he would expect you to do the same for yourself.
    I know the pain of losing a beloved pet but do to yourself what you did for him, you owe it to him.

• posted by Collie
    on

Thank you all of you . Your words helped. Following a long walk with my others my head is sorted. Kindness is never wasted. XxxxπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸ™‹πŸ»

Please log in or register to post a reply.