Week 3 issues

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pbgv
    on

Hello everyone. I wonder if I can pick your experienced BSD brains please?
    I’ve just finished week 3 of the diet and I’ve stuck to it religiously.
    Week 1 I lost 7lbs.
    Week 2 I lost 3 lbs and my bloods went from 5.7 to 5.5.
    Week 3 – no weight loss and my bloods went up to 6.3!
    Should I be worried? I can almost stomach no weight loss as I’ve lost 3 inches off my waist, but the bloods have thrown me.
    Thanks in advance

• posted by 8WeeksOf800
    on

I understand that this is normal – in that some weeks you don’t lose weight but you lose inches.
    I am also week 3 – lost 5kg so far – will weigh for week 3 later today and see what progress in this week.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi pbgv
    no, it’s fine about the bloods – it could be for a number of reasons.

If it was your fasting blood sugar (first one in the morning) it could be the dawn phenomenon which is where your body releases more glucose into the bloodstream as a way of kickstarting it for the day – if you search for dp (not spelling that again!) in the search box you’ll see there’s lots of posts about it.

Also, there seems to be a pattern for some people with Type II on this way of eating where there is a brief period where for no apparent reason their blood sugar, which had started to go down, rises again and stays higher for a period (mine lasted about a week, for some it was less, for others 2 weeks). I’ve read it’s something about your body getting rid of stored fat/glucose but can’t quite remember the science. Dr Jason Fung of The Diabetes Code sees it as a positive sign. Anyway, in every case after a period the bgl readings went down again. Just keep to the 800 cal and low carb and you’ll be fine.
    Of course, sometimes you might be stressed, coming down with something, or you can just get an ‘odd’ reading.

It will be fine, honest – it works. My type II is in remission now and it’s all due to the lovely MM and the BSD.

Jennie xx

By the way, 5.5 and 5.7 are great readings – and nice weight loss, congratulations.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi pbgv, it is also possible that your blood are higher because you have less body weight and it takes a little while for the two to catch up and synchronise. Just a couple of days and it should be fine and also look up DP – no I cant spell it either.

Please log in or register to post a reply.