Week 2 – slow!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MooLoc
    on

Hi All,
    Having lost 7lbs last week which I was pleased with I’d hoped to get a loss of 3/4lbs in week 2 but so far half way through only three quarters of a pound which is a bit demotivating when you’re eating so little!
    I know I must trust the process & fully intend to keep going by tips/experience would be welcome.
    I’m trying to drink enough fluid, as I did notice last week that it didn’t lose on the days after I hadn’t had enough to drink.
    Hoping I might lose more towards the end of the week.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi MooLoc
    Don’t be discouraged, I lost 4.6kg in my first week then only 0.9kg in my 2nd week then 1.5kg in my 3rd and I’m following the plan to the letter. I’ve just decided that this plan is now forever and so long as I’m on the downward slope, I’m ok.
    Just keep up the fats and the water.
    Linda

• posted by bumblebee
    on

Hi All,

Phew! Thought it was because I had a major slip up end of week one then started again. I lost 3.2kg in week one even with the slip up and so far week two I’m on Day 4 and only lost 700grams. I am feeling a bit low but then keep blaming my Nando’s dinner even though I didn’t eat the skin on my chicken butterfly and only had a leafy salad to go with it – could it be the glass of diet coke I wonder….hmmm only just remembered the diet coke. I looked up online for calorie count of the chicken butterfly and though there were a few different posts, the highest one was for 350 calories so I counted that and 25 calories for my leafy salad. I had a deficit of 40 odd calories for the day but guessed since I messed up end of week one it might even out – lo and behold I weigh myself this morning and no movement!

I can start seeing this as a way of life too as Linda mentioned so I’m not too fussed as long as I’m not putting anything on I’m happy.

MooLoc do you keep a food diary (don’t want to be assumptive but seems like you do) I just spoke to a friend who is also on the 800 cal fast and she doesn’t do exactly 800 calories every day she goes up and down but makes sure that the weekly intake averages out to 800/day. She says this works for her because her body doesn’t get too used to it. I plan on trying that for my next week on BSD.

• posted by Seren
    on

Feel so relieved after reading this as I lost 9lbs in 8 days and nothing in the past 6 days despite sticking to the 800 cals. You feel like ti’s only you and your stupid body or stupid thyroid!!! It looks like I am not alone and thanks to your comments I feel better and hope to have a better week. Good luck to you all too. Onwards and downwards! 😉

• posted by ladydi
    on

I was just coming on to post the same thing. Week one was great, down 13 lb (lots of water weight there), week 2 and I am up .3 lb from 1 week ago. I had one ‘bad’ day of overeating (and all the wrong foods) 5 days ago, total calorie intake was 2,289. I wouldn’t have thought that would offset all of those 800 calorie days to result in a gain. Was feeling quite defeated and frustrated because this was a similar pattern I had following Weight Watchers for the past year. Took a year with minor ups/downs to take off only 5 lbs. I am early menopause and insulin resistant and hoped that this would work to get me out of the stall my weight loss journey has been on.

I don’t mean to diminish your angst with your week 2 results, but find it someone encouraging for my own journey that this might just be how it works for some people.

• posted by Cicipops
    on

I’m reading all your posts with great interest. Week 1, I was amazed to have lost 8lb and then week 2 was a total let down. I lost practically nothing, if anything, maybe half a pound. What I did notice was 2 inches off my waist (I started the gym in week 2). That’s really what kept me going. I’m almost through my 3rd week, and thankfully it looks like I’m losing again as the scales are showing a loss of another 3.75lb – that’s 11.75lb in total! So, I’m just going to keep at it and accept that not every week will be the same. Having tried a few different diets in the past, this one is DEFINATELY working for me. I’ve NEVER lost so much so soon or without struggle. I’m enjoying what I eat, don’t feel hungry and have lost all desire to nibble throughout the day. And reading this thread has made me realise fluctuations in weightloss week to week is normal, so I don’t have to worry. I’m one very happy bunny!

Please log in or register to post a reply.