Week 1

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cherry8
    on

We are nearly at the end of week one. So far so good. I am not as hungry as I expected to be and have really enjoyed the recipes from the book. It’s great to see lots of new recipes to try here. Still need to measure myself , better go and get the bad news now.πŸ˜€

• posted by JCH187
    on

I’m a few days ahead of you and was surprised to lose 4 inches off my waist in the first week, you might be pleasantly surprised by your measurements 😊

• posted by Cherry8
    on

I’m half way through week 3 now, clothes feel a little looser and I can see that my belly has gone down a bit. About 8lb loss in total although at my mid week weigh in today had put on 1/2 a pound. Partner D is cock a hoop and has almost lost a stone AND HE IS CHEATING on the red wine at the weekend, I am v jealous.
    Had a couple of hungry days and had some extra veg and a few nuts but so far I am enjoying the recipes from the book and trying not to go off piste until I get to the end of 8 weeks.

• posted by Cherry8
    on

Just saw your post hope you are still doing well, 4 inches, how fab is that? I’m planning on measuring at the end of 4 then 8 weeks. Fingers crossed.

• posted by Cherry8
    on

I just realised I posted my reply on the forum and not to you, oh dear! Well done losing 4 inches is fab. I have lost 8lb so far, then put on 1/2lb at mid week weigh in, not sure about why, as I have been following the recipes in the book and added in some extra veg and a few nuts on hungry days. Let me know how you get on.

• posted by JCH187
    on

I’m at the end of week 3 and have lost 13lbs in total but nothing further off my waist. This week has been stressful at work but I’ve coped despite wanting cake! For the first time someone commented that I’d lost weight which was a huge boost! My BF has also now started the BSD although not the Fast 800 so we’ve been supporting each other, it’s good to have her onboard! Are you weighing everyday?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Just want to reiterate to people, don’t get focused on the weight loss – as Cherry8 said, there may be oddities during the week which can throw you.

Keep an eye on the MEASUREMENTS and also judge by clothes. You may be losing inches, but not necessarily pounds.

I don’t want you to get discouraged at all if the weight doesn’t immediately drop off – it may do, but sometimes it doesn’t – go with your body and how you feel and how you look.

From a much slimmer Igorasusual, who has fit in to many more clothes and is looking MUCH SLIMMER, but is sticking at the same weight for some reason!

• posted by Cherry8
    on

Hi JCH187
    That is great 13lb, you must be pleased, I am weighing twice a week on Sat and Tues so I am hoping to have lost a bit by Tuesday. Next weeks eating plan is all worked out and I will be extra careful on measurements while cooking and hope to do better. I’m wondering if the extra veg is making a difference, I know it did on the Atkins.
    Just made the beetroot felafel for lunch, very delish, fish stew tonight.

• posted by Cherry8
    on

Hi Igorasusual,
    Thanks for the encouraging words, I will keep going. Not finding it difficult at all and really enjoying the food and a general sense of well being. I am in for the long haul as have set a long term target to loose the 70lb I have somehow managed to acquire.

• posted by JCH187
    on

70lbs to go here too, that will still leave me overweight in the eyes of the medical profession but I know if I go beyond that excess skin is really going to knock my confidence so I’ll stick where I am comfortable and hopefully with the new low carb diet I’ll keep diabetes at bay.

• posted by Cherry8
    on

Well, I have been rubbish about posting my progress, last week was pants, only lost 1/2 lb , most disappointing. D is shedding the pounds at a rate of knots and is unbearably pleased with himself and STILL CHEATING! Anyone would think this was his idea. I think we are on week 5, which just goes to show how easy it has been. I have not got suddenly and ravenously hungry like I used to do and am finding my appetite satisfied when I eat.
    I am taking a photo of myself every 4 weeks in my birthday suit for comparison and can see changes already which is most encouraging. Still got a long way to go but I’m sure we will both get there, one of us considerably faster than the other it would seem. Hmmmm, not that I’m jealous or anything.
    JCH187 how are you doing, hope it’s going well?

• posted by Cherry8
    on

Hi JCH187,
    Just wondered how you were getting on. We’ve both got the same amount of weight to loose, can we compare notes?
    I’m on week 7 today, I put on a 1lbπŸ™„It’s been a bit of a nightmare week sorting out problems for the block of flats where we live and unfortunately doing a lot of hard physical work, I have been ravenous and I know I’ve been bad and had a few glasses of wine and a piece of chocolate cake we were given as thank you so. I’m back on the wagon today. Hoping this week will be better.

• posted by JCH187
    on

Hi Cherry

I’m having a really up and down couple of weeks!! Work has been mega stressful and I haven’t been sleeping well which is making me crave a quick sugar fix, I’ve had a couple of pieces of cake and have been bad a drinking the water. I haven’t put on anything but haven’t lost either, it seems to be birthday after birthday in the office and I’m surrounded constantly by cake πŸ™

I am 21lbs down but I’m generally feeling hungry – I know that’s the lack of water and I’m trying to have a better day today.

• posted by JCH187
    on

Should also add that I haven’t lost any inches off my waist since the first week which is annoying me! Despite being around the 800 calories every day and weighing everything!!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

JCH187 shake on it, I haven’t lost any inches round my waist since I started. Can’t understand it!

• posted by Timmy
    on

What waist measurement are you doing? I do two, the bit where my trousers sit, and what I like to refer to as the gut measurement (i.e just under the belly button.

My trouser waist measurement has defo gone down. I know this as my trousers are definitely looser. My gut hasn’t really changed at all though, even though I’ve lost a stone and a third, with only 1 stone to go. I’m pretty sure I’ve lost from my moobs and jowls though. I’ll measure those tonight (not my jowls, I didn’t actually measure them).

My theory is that because visceral fat is the hardest and last to shift, the gut measurement will be the last to reduce.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

It was a gut measurement, that’s true, maybe it will eventually shift. I definitely look thinner elsewhere

• posted by Timmy
    on

Visceral fat IS the hardest to get rid of, but we WILL get there!

• posted by Timmy
    on

I’ve even got cheek bones and indenty bits which used to be my chubby cheeks but my gut is the same size, although if I tense my stomach I’m sure it looks smaller than before. It will definitely go on this way of eating!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Even a friend said in comment to a picture (she lives in Australia) wow you look thinner! I was pleased because the last time she saw me I was only 7 or so pounds heavier than my current weight. But in pictures between now and then my face must have got chubbier and chubbier…. and my clothes ARE looser, we will get rid of it because we know this is right! The AU friend was the first one who commented so I was bucked!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Whoops I take it back everyone, I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist in the last few days. Hooray! :):)

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Yay! πŸ™‚

• posted by Julesb1960
    on

On day 3, dont feel as hungry as I thought I would. This diet is completely different to anything I’ve tried before, always done low fat etc. I need to loose 5 stone, have put this on since having a hip replacement and am due to have other hip done in Sept. Have put my husband on the same menu…….. After 3 days feel I have more energy and don’t feel as lethargic.

• posted by Cherry8
    on

Week 7
    Aaarrrggghh! Just not doing well at all this week. Desperate for bread and bread and some more bread. Not sure what is going on with me. Made chickpea flat breads and veg curry on Saturday night for a treat in the hope that would sort out the bread obsession, but no. Any tips please????

• posted by Epspecially
    on

hope feeling is gone by now but maybe make some soup Cherry8? Not bread I know but it’ll keep you busy and make you feel nicely full and well fed. The chorizo and chickpea one in the book is delicious, or some of the cauliflower ones on the recipe forum?

Or if that doesn’t work, maybe try eating more fat – maybe greek yoghurt and cinamon? Or there’s always loads more water – especially fizzy water – seems to be the cure for everything!

Hope you survived anyway and are feeling good again now.

• posted by Cherry8
    on

Hi Epspecially,
    Thanks for the pep talk, I needed it. Strangely enough I had made some carrot, courgette and lentil soup and followed by chicken stir fry and courgetti for dinner I have now got the bread goblin under control, you talked me out of it. It also helped that I lost 2 1/2lb this week as well, so was glad I managed to resist. How many weeks is it for you? Week 8 now for me and then I intend to do another 8 weeks. I’m going to try the chickpea and chorizo soup you recommended I can see that would be very satisfying. Let me know how you are getting on.😊

Please log in or register to post a reply.