Week 1, 11lb and blow out

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by George46
    on

Hi everyone, I’ve just done my first week. On day 7 I had lost 11Ib and then day 8 had a complete blow out after watching everyone have a take away. Managed to resist until everyone went to bed then ate everything I could. Weighed myself this morning and put 2lb back on. Started again this morning, but noticed how foggy my head was and how unsettled I felt. Probably a good lesson as to why I started. I started at 16 st, 10lb and now just under 16 st after my feasting.
    Finding the 800 calories tuff, I want to get to 13 st 10lb. Does anyone else find they are starving?? Thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi George, lesson learnt – still a good loss with over 10lbs discarded. You are only in week one and any new diet will be a shock to the system and the appetite. You will soon get used to the amount of food you are able to eat. Try drinking water to fill you up and do something to take your mind off it. I went to bed early for the first 2 weeks.

• posted by George46
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl, Good idea. I have been drinking a lot of water but the early nights could be a good solution.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Also eat some good fats, have full fat milk in tea or coffee, use olive oil in salad dressings, cook with rapeseed oil they help fill you up. If you dont want to have too many fats then proteins keep you full longer and they are almost carb free and low in calories.

• posted by M2019
    on

Hi George.

I spent the first week nailing down what are the foods where I get the most bang of my buck – I now know eggs are my best friend on this diet ! Also, some veggies really land like a brick and can keep you full for ages – I find spinach does this.

Like Sunshine-Girl, I find having a really nice mug of tea with creamy oat milk (can’t drink cow juice) is soothing and heads off any rumbles.

I also use MyFitnessPal to log it all which I am finding strangely addictive and is definiltey helping me make better decisions on how to spend my 800 calories.

And well done on containing the binge to one meal and getting back on it the next day !

• posted by George46
    on

Thanks M2019,
    I’m also using MyFitnessPal to log calories, I will start to eat more eggs to get me full. Since Sunday when I started again, Ive only just lost a further 2lb this morning so it just shows you it takes a few days for Ketosis to kick back in. So Far 1 stone in just under 2 weeks. Would have been more if I had not shifted to the dark side at the weekend. Here’s to another week.

• posted by M2019
    on

One stone in two weeks is still all sorts of awesome George ! I’d like to encourage you to focus on your achievements and be kinder to yourself please 🙂

Btw, poached eggs on a pile of cooked spinach is very filling ! I don’t like the hungry feeling either.

• posted by George46
    on

Appreciated, feels a little isolated at the moment. Just had my boiled eggs with a little salt and pepper as a snack. Completely full. Spinach on the shopping list tomorrow, thanks for that. On reflection you are right, too easy to look at the pitfalls, rather than where I am now. Heres too getting through this weekend. Will stock up on lots of colourful foods to deter temptation as thats normally takeaway time. Cheers M2019. George

• posted by SarahBS123
    on

Hi George46
    I’m on day 8 and for the first time, today I felt hungry. I went to the shop and looked at the chocolate bars walked away empty handed. When I got home I had a few peanuts probably a few too many.
    You should be proud that’s a good weight loss.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Takeaways are full of hidden su9ars and starches, 9eor9e! Do your best to avoid them by plannin9 ahead.
    It really does make a hu9e difference in accomplishin9 our 9oals. Very best to you!

Allie

• posted by George46
    on

Hi SarahBS123, I know exactly how you feel. Thanks for the message. Just smelling the food I cant eat seems satisfying. Day 8 is tough, thats when I caved in after a week. Wish I hadn’t but certainly learned from it. Push through if you can and try eggs, seems to work if you like them. I’m almost at 2 weeks and must admit, feel a lot better, I think my tummy has got used to less food. Best of luck. George

• posted by George46
    on

Hi Allie, Planning is key I know now looking back, I didn’t have a backup in the house. I’ve made a chart with my end goal and some smaller milestones so I can achieve them and at least tick them off. Weighing myself everyday helps, as it’s the small encouragement I need. Good luck with your plan, How long have you been going? George

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh 9eor9e46, I’m what’s known as an “old timer” around here..I started in June of 2016, lost 140lbs in
    10 months, and am now approachin9 2 years of maintenance. This is the “way and the li9ht” and it truly
    chan9es lives. There are a lot of us in similar circumstances that are passionate about this way of life.
    Stay with us, and we will 9et you there, too! Best,

Allie

• posted by George46
    on

Wow, that’s INCREDIBLE, Allie. Inspirational.

Please log in or register to post a reply.