Weak and dizzy two weeks in

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi all, I started the fast 800 plan two weeks ago, and while I haven’t been hungry, the first few days were HARD with carb flu and stuff, but then I started to feel better earlier this week, I still haven’t had that swooping energy sense you’re supposed to get but I’m definitely in ketosis. Haven’t cheated on the plan at all and have stuck to recipes on the book (counting my own calories as the ones in the book are incorrect in many cases) sticking to 800 a day. However, today I’ve started feeling really weak and dizzy again like I did at the beginning and I have no idea why? Has anyone else experienced this? Does it pass, because my job is quite active and there’s no way I can manage 8 weeks feeling this awful.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Florob – assuming the symptoms don’t turn out to be related to the start of an ailment and are purely connected to the BSD and the body adjusting to the BSD regime, it will pass again. It’s not uncommon for people to report a resurgence of the carb flu symptoms, so don’t panic. Once your body has fully adjusted, you will start to feel much better and more energised. It took a little while before my energy levels rose as well. I’d advise taking thing gently – you don’t say if you have been exercising, but if you have, take a bit easier and allow your body more time to settle into it’s new regime.

Keep us posted on your progress and shout if you need anything from us.

Please log in or register to post a reply.