Very low

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Ok this is now 2 days and no weight loss. Feeling better in myself but weight not coming off.

Hoping I see something soon but even though I’m 800 calories nothing is moving ๐Ÿ˜ข

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Lostgirl

Having done this diet for the last seven weeks – and loved it – I’d say please don’t get caught up in all the big weight loss stories. I have lost weight but not in huge amounts like some others. But I think of it like this, in order to get average weight losses of 14kg in 8 weeks (thats what the book claims) there has to be some people above that average and some people below it. Not everyone will achieve big losses, nor do they need to. Day 2 is way to early to be worrying. Your body is still trying to decide what to do about this new turn of events. Give yourself a break and give the programme a chance to work, even for the health benefits, its very early days. Keep going, you will see results soon.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Lostgirl – as Janet1973 says, it’s far too early to stress about not having lost any weight yet. Your body will be adjusting to the new regime and it might take a little time for results to show, but be patient, it will happen. I am in week 6, but to date have only lost 12lb – but that is 12lb in my favour and I’m feeling and looking better and happy that I am doing something positive for myself.

Be kind to yourself, give yourself time to adjust and try to stay positive – at 800cals a day weight lose WILL happen.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

I agree with the others Lostgirl – I lost 6lbs last week but did the same eating wise this week and have apparently put 2lbs back on! I weigh in on Monday so I’m hoping this is just a water blip.

Don’t feel discouraged, we’ll get there. Keep the faith!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Janet has made a very valid point – we like the idea of the massive weight loss which MAY be experienced and then get disappointed when we don’t get the same results. My weight loss has been a bit up & down over the past few weeks but the trend has been more down than up, I’ve lost a stone and it’s taken nearly 3 months – just recently people I know have been saying that they can see a difference in me. But this past week has been a difficult one – very up & down (spirit as well as weight) but today I was feeling more on top of things so hopefully I will see a resumption of weight loss. I’m hoping the 13000 steps I clocked up today tearing around like a blue-arsed fly at work will make a difference! (The air will be blue Sunday morning if not!!!)
    Be patient, take care,
    Rose

• posted by Grandma48
    on

RozyDozy
    I too am a slow loser, but I am losing and my usual trousers are now too loose, and the others, a size smaller, are just a little on the tight side, so I just want to keep on keeping on. It’s not possible not to lose weight on such a small calorie intake, but as Janet 1973 says, to get an average, some will lose loads and others just a little. As long as we keep losing, it’s the right result.
    Janice

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi Janice,
    I too want to keep on keeping on. When I started the BSD, I opted not to get hung-up on calorie counting, preferring a more relaxed approach so I accepted that any weight loss would probably be slower. We all hit a low from time to time so I’ve learned that it’s not the end of the world if I give in to the occasional temptation – and I mean occasional, it’s when it becomes regular that the trouble begins! But I’ve been feeling more positive today so onwards & upwards (or should that be downwards)….
    Regards, Rose

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

I think as I lost a stone fast it’s now not moving.

Last night I was low .. I had been low all day and was desperate for cake… I resisted!! Instead I had a vegi burger and chips from the chippy… As I was eating it .. I knew I didn’t want it
    But kept eating.
    It re kicked me into trying harder!! Today has the yogurt but flaked almonds and few chopped strawberry.

I’m
    Hoping those chips kicked my body into dropping a few pounds… Also sinc back drinking Pepsi max also seems to tie in with no weight loss….

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lostgirl – a stone so far is good, very good! I would recommend you drop the pepsi max though! My old head was very fond of saying ‘if you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got’. It’s very true.
    Next time you can’t resist a veggie burger could you make a big salad with some feta cheese added then bring just your veggie burger home? You can still enjoy your burger minus the chips which have caused you weight problems. You would have the bonus of feeling so virtuous as well. Swallow it down with a diet coke if you can’t do without.

Could you make it a once a week treat? It would give you something to look forward to with the knowledge you are still doing right by your body.

I would recommend making a batch of coconut flatbreads and freezing all but one. When the cake urge gets too strong replace a meal with one topped with yoghurt or cream and strawberries

Hope you have a better day today, you deserve it ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Well done for getting back on the diet lostgirl – that’s interesting re. the pepsi max – I still have some artificially sweetened things to use up but I will change to fizzy water instead as soon as they’re used up.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I love Pepsi max – as much as I love coffee. I managed to stay off the PM for about five weeks but it has slowly crept back in. I think I have been in denial about how it affects me but last week I only lost half a pound and had quite a lot of PM. I would have expected better weight loss as I know I was burning fat well once I got past the ‘Easter Sunday effect’. PM was on today’s shopping list but I’m going to swerve it and see if it helps at all. Again wishful thinking, but I just can’t get my head around why something with zero calories would be so bad for me?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Janet, there was an episode on ‘Trust me I’m a Doctor’ where an experiment with sweeteners and stevia showed saccharin types of sweeteners caused all sorts of unexpected problems in the body – even raising cholesterol. Partly why I am so concerned now I have discovered saccharin in several toothpastes!!!

Try the liquorice herbal tea – really sweet – but no sugars or sweeteners! I can’t believe how sweet it is. It tastes just like the ha’penny liquorice root ‘sticks’ I bought as a nipper – you know the ones you could chew all day and the still tasted sweet?

Like Cherrianne, I am having to put one teabag in a large teapot as it is far too sweet for me one bag to a mug. You could have it hot or cold. You could make it strong, chill it and add sparkling water for a fizzy drink, and no damage done!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Judith, I saw that episode of trust me I’m a doctor. All of them were fascinating, I’m eagerly awaiting the next series or a programme about us!!

Thanks for the advice on liquorice tea, unfortunately I cant stand the stuff and would die of thirst if it was the only thing available! I don’t like stevia for the same reason, it tastes of liquorice to me. No, I think I’ve just got to bite the bullet on this one and stick with the fizzy water. Maybe improved weight loss will be enough of an incentive. cordial isn’t great for me either as it sets off my sensitive teeth. Tooth kind my eye!

But if anyone tries to take away my coffee….oh wait, that’s bad for underactive thyroid sufferers too isn’t it?? Sometimes life sucks!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

But coffee is good for asthma so I still have 2 cups of coffee in the morning – then water and herbal teas for the rest of the day!! If any one tried to take away my coffee……..

If you keep away from sweeteners long enough your tastes will adjust, hopefully ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by FiFiP
    on

I think Stevia is ok diet-wise, I haven’t got the book with me but am convinced there was something about it in there, it is derived from a plant, not a chemical-cocktail. I am not a fizzy-drink person, am lucky that I don’t have this to deal with.

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Hi Janet, have you thought about one of those fruit-water bottles? I have just ordered one – if you look at the Resources part of this site, they are there. This might work for you?

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi fifip,
    They are new to me so I’ll have a look, thanks. You’re right about the stevia, its a plant rather than a chemical so it doesn’t spike the blood sugar or have the same acidity as others such as aspartame. I think xylitol is also a natural sweetener. Rose is our resident expert on such things, she’s a dentist.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Had an amazing lunch.. See what you have eaten post .. But had Pepsi max .. Half and half with carbonated water ! It’s a start.. It’s not perfect but at the moment it’s all I can do… I am
    Also brewing some licorice tea and will turn that into a cordial.. Well just experiment
    Thank you for your support.. I am perking up!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Great to hear, Lostgirl! Your half and half is a good idea!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Can I add a note of caution about licorice tea. It can have an effect on anyone suffering from high blood pressure, so caution is recommended. One brand advises only one cup a day.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Well update..:..

I don’t know why I try to loose weight when I am
    Set up to fail. My husband ( and I am lonely as he works away most of the time)
    Decided to bring home cake and chocolates as I has lost some
    Weight… As he spent money on me I was expected to have some…I have tried to be good and have small bits but I am
    No longer a stone loss. I am 3 pounds heavier.. What’s the point in eating the low cal meals if then to eat crap!!!

I’m starting to think he may be an enabler.

I can’t resist the cake and can’t throw it. Do I gorge and hope it makes me sick??

I know I have been low as no weight loss this week. Apart from the Pepsi and past day of cake I had been good!

Think no option but it’s soup for the rest of the week…::

I said when I loose 2 stone.. We go out and have coffee and a cake as a treat. It means you don’t have a whole cake sat at home

But it’s morning .. I am about to walk the dogs and really fancy a slice of that cake even though it’s what’s killing me

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

** update**

Cake is in the bin!!!!

It may be a row tonight if he is home but it’s in the bin

Now it’s work lik mad To get back to where I was. Soup all week. Have to say used an app to calculate calories and my soup worked out 148 cal per serving and it’s tasty!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lost girl. Tell him it was such a lovely thought but you have developed a strong love of flowers, they brighten the place up, make you feel cheerful etc. Sadly the cake had become stale and had to be binned!!

Congratulations on binning that cake – far too much temptation!!!!

There are so many lovely soups to try! Just look at what veg you have in/ what’s cheap and google a recipe for say, celery soup recipes.

Onions are on special in aldi at the moment – brown onion soup mmmmmmm. Put some grated cheddar in the bowl and ladle the soup on top!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Lostgirl
    Well done for putting the cake in the bin. It was the right thing to do. Someone else here yesterday said we should arrange treats along our weight loss journey but they should never be food treats and I think they are right. This can be a hard thing for people, especially men, to get their heads around. Its really important that you explain to him how it makes you feel when he buys you food. Of course, I know nothing about your husband but he might not be as keen for you to lose weight as you are, for many many reasons.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Lostgirl – you binned a cake !!
    Do you even know what a massive step forward that is ?
    Your mindset told you that it was bad for you even though you initially enjoyed it – brilliant
    Looks like you are set for great things, thank the hubby for his kindness but you are trying to get your rewards in different ways now,, and that will end up benefitting him in the long run too when you get down to where you want to be and are feeling so much healthier and fitter.
    Loads of respect coming your way from me.

• posted by NewLife
    on

Lostgirl – what they all said.

Binning the cake was brilliant. I think a gentle word with your husband is in order – you’re aiming for a new you and so you need new no-food rewards.

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Thank you all..

I do feel good. I downloaded a new app( trial for 7 days) Nutra check . It’s got every food in there uk version. You can scan a bar code even put in your exercise.

I had strawberrys for breakfast followed by a cabbage and pancetta soup then a roasted pepper soup with oodles
    Of cheese 34g to be precise all this and I’m at

639 calories!!!

I think later I may just treat myself to a few more strawberrys!!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lostgirl you are doing so brilliantly!!! You could afford a small piece of cheese with a strawberry. 1 oz of cheese is 113 calories and less than half a gram of carbs!
    1 0z of cheese would take your calorie total up to 752! ๐Ÿ™‚
    OR a medium boiled egg (66 calories) with a bit of salad. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

I actually feel
    Full. So think think the old rum tubby Tum may be getting smaller!

Having diluted Pepsi . Tried the ginger tea and licorice.. Even true adding fizz…. Not for me.. Maybe add stevia ??

Think if I can keep the Pepsi diluted it should be ok.

The soups I made today were own off the cuff soup. But tastes so good. All stuff from the book!

Thursday will
    Be a mini slip day. The lovely couple who put me onto this diet will be popping over. They are off on holiday and will be eating lovely food.

I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart they saved my life. Sure I’m doing the work but if they hadn’t of told me… I would never have tried.

I’m now telling everyone!! It’s real food and not rabbit food!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lostgirl you should have a thread ‘on a high’.

Well, diluted pepsi is much better than neat! Perhaps aim to slowly dilute it more and try some other herbal teas – you might like the strawberry herbal teas ๐Ÿ™‚

So glad you have friends who put you onto this diet:)

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Lostgirl

Hooray for the lovely couple! Why not give them a bowl of delicious homemade soup or a really tempting salad to say thankyou.

Ditching cake is hard – not that I eat – ATE – it a lot. I have a savoury tooth. However, I make Very Special birthday & wedding cakes. You can’t buy them, I give them as presents. But , I’ve just had to explain to my soon to be 40 yr old son why he won’t be getting one! He is very supportive & is paying for the family to go on holiday & be together for his special day. It’s a big year for us, 70 ,2 x 40, 18 & me 65yrs old. I was going to make a very BIG cake!! We don’t get together often. I’m disappointed & probably everyone will be. BUT , it’s more important for me to stay on the rails than to make & eat CAKE!

I will make him jam tarts though. And then I’ll move away from them very quickly!!

Did you know Pepsi coke is excellent for cleaning toilets? Chuck it in & try it. ๐Ÿ˜˜
    Eureka

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Ok I got on the scales and 3/4 of. Pound loss… I guess cake fat likes to stick around!

I think I have no option I have to loose the Pepsi even diluted!!

As since drinking it again no weight loss or nothing to be proud of.

This is going to kill me… Maybe allow myself a glass at a weekend but there is no point in restricting diet if the Pepsi counters it. Yesterday I ended up less than 700 calories!

I had done lots of exercise so I should be loosing weight!! All day soup day today but having yoghurt and flaked almonds for breakfast

Weather is vile and already slipped walking the dogs so cleaning house to do exercise.

I’m still positive just slightly disheartened

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Where’s that cake when you need it ?? Lol

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lostgirl, you don’t need that nasty sugar filled cake!!! I drank a glass of wine last night, it fitted in with calories, but I put on a pound!! I know if I am good for a couple of days that pound will disappear and take a bit more fat with it.

On a positive note – if you do cut the pepsi max after a week or two other things will begin to taste much sweeter. Blueberries taste like blue balls of sugar to me now, almonds taste as if they have been sweetened. You may begin to like herbal teas once you cut sweetened things out of your diet. I know it’s hard.
    See if you can do a pepsi max less day today and see if the scales tell you a better story in the morning.

Put some nice, beaty kind of music on and strut your stuff while doing the house work!

Hope your day goes on better than it started ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

I’m sure this is counter productive but because I don’t see a loss.. It makes me not want to eat.

That’s bad ..: I know but I can’t stop myself

• posted by hashimoto
    on

You’re right lostgirl, keep on eating the right foods. Tomorrow the scales could tell a different story. You know the cake and choccy set you back – not the real food!! Keep you pecker up! Put some good music on!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by NewLife
    on

Keep going Lostgirl – you’re making such wonderful changes! Remember we’re all going to have ups and downs, the important thing is to learn from them.

Agree about stopping the Pepsi – bite the bullet and do it! Your body deserves not to have all those chemicals inside it.

• posted by olliej
    on

help!!!!!!!! finished my eight weeks about three weeks ago felt really good blood readings were really good but now I am starting to undo all my good work with mindless eating lots of carbs sugar etc why? need to go back to square one – tomorrow will be a new start ( i hope) just need some ideas of how to pick it up again any little grain of encouragement would be greatly appreciated just feeling sorry and (annoyed) for myself thanks in anticipation

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi olliej
    You know can always come here for help and support. You did brilliantly well to maintain the programme for 8 weeks. Your next challenge is to get your head around the fact that you can never go back to your old eating patterns. The carbs have to stay gone for good. But you’ve learned how to do that, you just need to make it a lifestyle rather than a diet. You can do that!

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Hello OllieJ – as Janet says, you have shown great determination + focus, you did it for 8 weeks!

What many of us are now coming to terms with is that the Med principles are a way of life, not a short-term diet fix.

Simple Carbs are poison, or, we could say an occasional treat, for weekends or high days and holidays.

Chuck out the bad foods you have bought, stock up on Med classics, get a good repertoire of recipes under your belt and perhaps look at 5:2. A more relaxed week with a couple of days tightening the ‘food belt’?

Hubby has been BSDing with me and we have decided that sugar loaded foods, white pasta, spuds and white rice are toxins, extreme but it helps us when faced with temptation.

Your body is a temple, not a warehouse, treat it well and give it respect!!

• posted by NewLife
    on

Hi olliej, sorry to hear you’re going through a tough time.

But you did low carb for 8 weeks, that’s a huge achievement and if you’ve done it once you can do it again! Tomorrow is a new day and you CAN do it.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Olliej, what janet and FiFiP say!!! You could always eat like Bill1954, he sticks to the principles of eating full fat, no starchy carbs, tries to keep carbs below 50g and keeps an eye on portion size without counting calories. Perhaps you would find that easier?
    I love what fifip says about your body being a temple not a warehouse!!!

Starchy carbs are what got us all into this mess in the first place!!!

You did it tough for 8 whole weeks, so doing it Bill’s way should be a doddle!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by olliej
    on

hi thanks soooooo much for your very helpful comments i already feel better I have given myself a good talking to and i am ready to start back on the only eating plan that has worked for me i will let you know how i get on i am also re-reading a lot of the posts as there is a lot of very helpful suggestions this forum is brilliant keep up the good work everyone

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Well I’m still here!! Just under the stone . So yo go but least I have managed to take off twice what I gained!!

Trying a new roast dinner. Lean joint and veg. I have allowed a Yorkshire and no roasts!! Instead have used celeriac. Not a too bad!!!

Next week more home made soup!!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lostgirl, sounds like you are really cracking this!
    How is the pepsi max problem going? ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Pepsi max hmmm hate to say it .. Lost cause. But I have dramatically reduced amount I drink . During week I am also diluting it.

I think if I crack thmyself carbs I can have the glass of Pepsi a day. Can’t do others .. Tried! I am also trying to up water content.

Bloomin aspertame is in so much!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lostgirl at least you have cut back drastically on the amount you drink. Just keep on diluting until eventually you may be able to get it so weak it’s half a glass a day. I’m talking weeks not days!!
    Keep on going you are doing brill. A stone in the short time you have been on this diet is something to be proud of ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

I know I probably do more but I’m human . But it can be done. Ok it’s not the loss I had planned but I think that was a problem I expected to much and set myself to fail. I now have bad stuff and no sooner had it passed my lips I regret it. So I am educating myself.

Roman wasn’t built in a day and nor will my weight loss be!

Have to say I am gagging for a drink so having a long vodka and Pepsi drink this week!

I do get very low but part of Diet is a journey. It’s not just low carbs and sugar but how food effects us. Highs.. LoWs.. How we sometimes turn to food when bored

Every day I’m learning more about myself which is helping me.

Don’t mean to sound preachy but..:: it’s
    How I cope. That and you lovely peeps xxx

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Lostgirl
    This is what I mean. We need to chat a bit for the sake of our mind, body & soul. Stuff happens & it throws us a curve ball ( phrase party). This diet is tough. You are trying hard to cope with STUFF! You need to concentrate on YOU just now.

Little bit at a time is your way to go at the moment. Small victories. You are getting there well done
    Keep on keeping on
    Eureka

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi olliej
    Just get back on the wagon. You know how to steer it
    Eureka

Please log in or register to post a reply.