Two weeks in, lost lots of weight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ken Beria
    on

Hi all. I’m 16 days into the Fast 800 after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I’ve lost 7.8 kilograms so far. The first two days of the diet were very hard. It’s been fairly easy after that although I miss lots of foods. Slimming down is a nice feeling though.

• posted by Jenn35hills
    on

Hey, well done.!!! I’ve been doing it for two weeks now, I’ve lost 8lb or 3.6kg. I can feel the difference around my stomach which is great, trousers are feeling looser etc.
    I still get hungry on days when I’m not busy, I think about food ALOT.
    I’ve been using an app to count calories, helps me keep track of what I’ve eaten. Does anyone else use an app to help count??

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Ken and Jenn – welcome to you both. Some really great results there, so well done to you both for making an excellent start. If your hunger is only noticeable on days you’re not busy, it suggests it isn’t true hunger and is probably more a hang over from old habits. It’s early days yet for you both and as your bodies adjust, those foods that you previously thought of as desirable will not hold the same appeal. This way of eating will change your palate and those high carb foods won’t be as tempting.

There are lots of folks on the forum using apps to track – think the most popular is MyFitnessPal. I personally just track on an excel spreadsheet, but whatever way you choose to do it what is important is keeping track.

Hope you will both join other threads on the forum, as there is a host of knowledge and experience to be drawn on, as well as friendly people waiting to offer advice and support when things get rocky. Best wishes to you both for a healthy and happier future and reaching your goals.

• posted by Bobbi1
    on

Well done Ken and Jenn. Sounds like you are doing just great, It does reassure me with the hunger on day two. I hope I can make my diet as successful, well done.

Please log in or register to post a reply.