Traveling on fast 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alexandraoz
    on

Hello

I am considering starting but I travel so often and am concerned that unless the 800 per day is stuck to consistenly for 6+ weeks, it won’t be effective?

Does anyone have any experience doing this diet and incorporating “breaks” or I guess what some people call “cheat” days. Does it just throw everything out?

In the next 21 days, 8 of those will be spent away from home, 4 of which on a holiday and 2 on a weekend away and 2 at a wedding so will be almost impossible to stick to 800 cals!

Any advice/insight/thoughts welcome! Thank you in advance x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I don’t do that much travelling, but had a fair few ‘cheat’ or non-weighing/counting days for various reasons and still lost weight. I think within reason and staying low carb shouldn’t affect blood sugar negatively either. There are some good tips in other threads for eating while travelling, you can use the search box to try to find input from some of our seasoned travellers. One alternative is actually to stretch the intermittent fasting periods so you only have one good large meal in a day and just drinks (not alcohol) for the rest of the day. This has extra benefits healthwise on top of the continued weight loss. Look at it this way, 5:2 med style is enough to lose weight continuously and normalise blood sugars, albeit over a longer period, so the odd day off will not hurt at all. Just keep the carbs as far down as you can.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Mixnmatch could I just add something and I hope you don’t think I am being rude🤗. Yes eating one meal a day is good but it is not good for prolonged periods of time as our bodies go into restricted/starvation mode😢. It thinks we are only having a small amount of calories so it reduces it’s metabolic rate. You could do the OMAD but you need to mix it up by doing Time restricted eating too. And for good measure so we keep the body guessing a fast of 24hrs at least if you can manage it. You could breakfast and lunch but I prefer lunch and dinner. I do do OMAD but I change it up. Wendleg informed me of this and I am so thankful she did. Hope this helps alexandraoz and I hope you didn’t mind me butting In Mixnmatch 👍❤️😉💞🦜 Birdy xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Not rude at all, my username is somewhat indicative of my whole approach to losing weight, and even now I throw in full water fast days and ‘cheat’ days of well over my TDEE completely at random. My travelling advice is mostly based on occasional experience, either of the big breakfast lasting all day (usually B&B related 😀) or the fast (except for drinks) all day while travelling followed by a meal ‘out’ when I get to where I am going.

Please log in or register to post a reply.