Too hard

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Well this is day 12 and I have to admit defeat (which is very unusual for me!)….Its too hard to get my brain around carbs and calories….to keep my carbs down I dont have enough to eat..I have lost two pound so I will continue to be bread etc free but its doing my head in and taking all my time up trying to calculate every bite…it was taking over my life!! A big well done to all to do manage this plan,but unfortunately it doesnt do for me….

• posted by shalimar
    on

All the counting is not for everyone …. why not make it simple for yourself and just count the calories?

After all, the carb count is just something a lot of us do …. but it’s not part of Michael Mosley’s book.

Frankly, i don’t really “get” all the carbs, net carbs, and then everyone does different amounts.

Make it easy on yourself. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hello Happyhols,
    Don’t stress about counting carbs & calories. I have never counted either on this diet. Just by choosing the recommended foodstuffs, watching portion sizes, and cutting out the extras that I had got into the habit of scoffing, and trying to drink more, I have lost plenty of weight. Maybe not as fast as others but the weight still came off.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

The others are right HH,make it easy on yrself and then more chance you’ll stick to it
    I use mynetdiary to make things hassle free,coz i too wd find it too much of a faff if i had to work it all out..each day i decide what i’ ll eat,weigh out the amount i am going to eat on the scales, enter the food and the amount onto my online diary,and it tells me the cals,carbs,fat and protein ive had. Also does a graph for me of weight loss. Other things too but thats all i take notice of,again to keep it simple. Mynetdiary is free,and i think others are too..for example fatsecret and myfitnesspal..lots of folk on here use one or other of them
    Another thing i do is not vary my diet too much..others might find that boring but i dont and again it makes life simpler. X

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Aw thank you all for your very positive comments,Im pleased its not only me that has a bit of hassle getting it together….you have all made me so positive again so I SHALL CARRY ON..๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š on more week just counting calories and lets see how I get on…..thank you all again and I shall report in next Saturday…

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Please don’t give up because you find the counting a bind. I haven’t even tried counting carbs. I just count calories and miss out bread, potatoes, pasta and rice. I have found grating cauliflower and then stir frying or microwaving it works to replace the rice, pasta and potatoes. Bread, I just miss out on but it works because you don’t eat those carbs you don’t get the sugar crashes and feel hungry. Carbs like porridge, beans lentils etc I just count the calories from them they are complex carbs and so far I’ve lost 2 1/2 stone. The best way to do this is to simplify it as we all have busy lives and the more complex we make it the less likely we are to succeed. Stay strong!

• posted by Avila
    on

I don’t count, I avoid the big bad carbs, cook according the general principles and aim for a sensible portion size. I may have lost faster if I was a counter but life to short and too complicated for that.

What I love about this plan is that it has all sorts of variables – from the strict 800 cal for 8 weeks through a 5:2 pattern to the Med style. So it can be fitted around life, and moves into a pattern of life, not just a strict fad for a while.

I sometimes beat myself up for the weeks I have succumbed and fallen off the wagon ‘if I had struck to it I would be there by now’ but I am still losing , just slower from all the speed bumps in the road, but still staying at the aim, and the principles.

Fit it around your life, but stick with the aim – a healthier you.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

You are so right Avila…..fit the diet around your life. I was very upset in the early days when I ate a whole pack of mixed nuts…….then I thought ……Get a life Fairyface. It has taken years to get this overweight and it it going to take time to loose it. Tomorrow is another day. I must say I am not stressed with this diet now and have started to enjoy cooking and planning. I just count calories not carbs, If I am over I am over, if I am under I am under. All levels out over the week! I must also add I am feeling so much better about life and things in general (except my bowels;-)

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Wow…a great response, thank you all so much…….onwards and upwards,looking forward now….

Please log in or register to post a reply.