Tips for busting carb cravings?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SLB
    on

Hi All – I know this way of eating suits me once I get into it, BUT, I’m having trouble kicking my carb cravings (bread bread bread!!!) I’d love to hear your tips/ideas for taming the carb beast!!
    Thank you ๐Ÿค—

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just think of those foods as harmful SLB ๐Ÿ˜‰. Retrain yourself to viewing leafy greens and crisp lettuces as your friends. They won’t spike your blood sugar and make you feel sluggish and your gut bugs will be grateful. It’s hard initially to imagine not eating bread but the longer you avoid it the easier it will be to pass it by…honest !
    Some people suggest low carb alternatives to bread etc but I have never gone down that route. Substituting cauliflower rice..courgetti etc for the white stuff is good though . I know it might sound easy to say and less easy to put into practice but changing your view of carbs as being comforting and appealing is key….All the very best and stay with us..on the weekly or monthly threads if you want ongoing support xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

I just remember that the little voice urging me to eat carbs is actually the “bad” bacteria in my gut who are dependent on sugars for their survival. – I don’t blame them for wanting to survive, but they produce a byproduct which causes inflammation, so I want their numbers reduced.
    I admit at the beginning I had to avoid the aisle in the supermarket with the bread. – But it does get easier with time.
    I have seen a lot of different suggestions for using a thin omelette as a wrap.

• posted by SLB
    on

Thanks JGwen, that’s a really good way of looking at it! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—

• posted by SLB
    on

Thanks wendleg, appreciate your advice! I’m with you on the low carb replacement breads, I think i need to just say thanks but goodbye- too tempting otherwise! ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜

Please log in or register to post a reply.