TiggerB's Diary – to try and keep me on track!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TiggerB
    on

I’m going to ‘encourage’ myself to fill this in every evening, even on bad days so that I can try and keep motivated. I started today and am aiming to do the first 2 weeks on the 800 calorie BSD while my daughter is away and then I’ll see how it goes as I may need to switch to the 5:2. I’m enjoying the cooking.

So here are my starting figures:
    Weight 15st 0.2lb (I’m a 5ft 4in female)
    Waist 46in
    Blood Sugar (first thing this morning) 8.2

Menu today has been Total yoghurt with rhubarb , jewelled peppers with feta and aubergine with lamb and pomegranate. I enjoyed everything except the rhubarb as that was too sour. I’ve had 5 cups of tea, with skimmed milk as that’s what I’m used to, and plenty of water. I’m feeling good, if a little tired and a little hunger niggle which I’m able to ignore. I plan on going for a walk with my dog before bed to get some more steps in as well.

Thanks for reading

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Tiggerb
    I found some rhubarb at the weekend, which I’m cooking now – it’s my absolute favourite thing to eat, and I thought it had got to the end of the season.
    Hope that you find the forums useful, and BSD works well for you.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good luck TIGGERB! Off to a great start! X

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Thanks – I have a fair few calories left as I didn’t eat all my breakfast, as the rhubarb spoiled it, and I was under my target anyway. As I’m feeling a bit peckish I think I’m going to have a scrambled egg – as I’m too impatient to wait for one to boil! lol x

• posted by Frog
    on

I didn’t spot your comment about your rhubarb being too tart Tiggerb
    I cooked 3 long strips and added a level teaspoon of stevia – that’s usually enough, but I can always add a tad more if its still not right.

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Hi Frog,

Thanks, I’m trying to cut out all sweeteners but might try the Stevia as I’ve got some, and would hate to waste the rest of the rhubarb as I love it usually.

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Well just had a ‘ping’ egg! Any UK watcher of the programme ‘Eat well for less’ might know what that means. I made mine with a mere scrapping of butter, 1 egg, a bit of mustard, lots of black pepper and a tbsp grated cheese – whisked in a cup then microwaved for 1 minute. I didn’t have the bread muffin they had on the programme though lol. It was lovely and worked out at about 160 cals so took my daily total to 820 which is fine for my first day and stopped that gnawing stomach feeling ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good idea TIGGER xx hope you get a good sleep after your excellent start xx ๐Ÿ’ซ

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

That sounds amazing willpower. Keep it up and share your wisdom with all of us. We all learn from one another!

Not eating a bread muffin is a good idea. If I ever catch you eating one infested with sugar, you will have to answer to my kitty cat;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqDKqx6JGrk

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Day 2

Breakfast was Total yogurt with blueberries – much better than the rhubarb from yesterday

Lunch was grapefruit and cheese salad – as per p 212 of the book, I used the cheddar suggestion. I also used lettuce instead of fennel, but that should have made it less calories. It was very nice but… I put the ingredients into my fitness app and it worked it out at 417 calories per portion, not the 280 the book states, to say I’m disappointed is an understatement. I’m now going to have to double check all the values in the book ๐Ÿ™

Dinner wasn’t the meatballs I’d planned as they were too high after the lunch issue so I had courgette noodles with a home made tomato, peppers, onions and mushroom sauce.

I have a feeling I will be hungry later but luckily nothing ‘naughty’ in the house so I’ll have to make something healthy. Feeling a little tired today, but less than I normally do! I managed a walk with the dog before work and will have another one before bed. I need to plan lunch for tomorrow – and check calories.

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Well day 3 has been good – breakfast was Total and raspberries, lunch was jewelled peppers again but no pistachios this time. Dinner was with my mum, she knew I had started this plan so got lots of salad, king prawns and an avocado with strawberries and raspberries for pudding. I helped myself to what I wanted, and worked out a rough calorie count on my app. The day was well under the 800 calories so I’ve just had an egg which I cooked in the microwave. I’m still under but not by much.

Managed 2 walks with my dog today and my step total so far is just under 7400 – pretty good for someone who used to be lucky to hit 4000!

I’m feeling really good, had a headache this morning but it wore off – making sure I’m drinking plenty of water, usually with a bit of lemon juice in.

Here’s to tomorrow – decided on grapefruit and cheese salad for lunch but with no avocado to keep the calorie count down.

Thanks for reading ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Well Day 4 done.

Good breakfast, yogurt and fruit, then grapefruit and feta salad for lunch – I find the grapefruit juice is enough dressing for my salad leaves. For dinner I had the lamb meatballs I made from the book and, as they’re over 400 calories to start with, that put my calorie count over at the end of the day. I was determined to eat and not waste them, but will adapt the recipe next time and just use mince and no nuts.

Tomorrow will be more yogurt with fruit, another salad though not sure what yet and then a chicken curry – if I can find a recipe that fits in with the plan and isn’t too hot.

• posted by Antigone
    on

Good luck TiggerB – I’m on day 4 too!

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Good luck to you as well Antigone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Day 5 done – apart from a cuppa or two later ๐Ÿ˜€

Breakfast was two eggs, done in the microwave, so sort of came out like a cup sized very puffy omelette, with grilled cherry tomatoes
    Lunch was Feta and Grapefruit salad again but that was because I enjoyed it yesterday
    Tea was a quickly put together sort of chicken curry – chicken, curry spices, onions, chopped tomatoes and a spoonful of Total yogurt at the end. Served with cauliflower rice. I’m stuffed now!

Haven’t done much walking today as I’ve been tired and busy, early night tonight (may be) and then plenty of walking tomorrow and Sunday.

Looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday – would like half a stone and I’m nearly there, weigh daily but only ‘counting it’ once a week.

Please log in or register to post a reply.