This time of day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fin1965
    on

Well I’ve had all my calorie allowance for the day, just a tad left for a cup of tea, so it’s water water water for the rest of the evening. I’ll have to do some experimenting with the times of my shakes, I did an exercise class this morning and was hungry so didn’t do too well in spacing them out! Even when eating my normal, dreadful diet, this time of the day was when I sat down and rewarded myself all night with food until bedtime as I felt I deserved it. I also link food to a form of relaxation in that it helped me ‘come down’ from the day rather like some people use a glass or two of wine. That’s one habit that is going to be tackled head on now. I can’t say I’m hungry, just more time on my hands not cooking an evening meal. I’ve had my 250g of brocolli which was delicious, I think I’d better have an early night and in the morning, not have my first shake until around ten. I think i might be able to stick to this!!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Well done Fin, you survived your first day!

I do find it much easier to start eating later in the day, its as though my tummy doesn’t wake up until I give it that first meal. But you will find what works for you over the next few days.

It sounds like you might benefit from finding something productive to do for a couple of hours in the evening; maybe being here and reading all the forums or perhaps some knitting or something equally daring?

All the best for tomorrow. Which shakes are you using?

• posted by Fin1965
    on

Hi Janet, my, I haven’t done any knitting in a squillion of years!, but it certainly might help. I love reading all the posts though, that’s a good idea of yours to sit down in my risky eating time to catch up on everyone’s posts. I’m using slim fast at the mo, they’re sweet, too sweet really, I’m more of a savoury eater, but I just think of it as fuel for the time being until I lose weight and re educate my relationship with food to being more normal. There’s not a lot you can do to Jazz the shakes up really apart from a cocktail umbrella or a fancy glass!!, no I don’t do that! I’m so looking forward to eating real food, nourishing food but more mindfully. So tomorrow, I must not take my first shake before ten, well it’ll be much later as I’ve got a body pump class in the morning. How are you tackling this, what’s your plan? Good luck, we’re all in it together.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Yes, we certainly are all in it together. I did slim fast very successfully about 16 years ago. I lost about a stone and half for my wedding.

I think it will probably give you an encouraging head start on your weight loss while you get your head around the diet.

I decided it had to be done when I heard Saint Dr Mosley talking about the way to success being rapid weight loss. I never lose rapidly, big then again I had never done 800 calories before! Its much easier than you imagine.

I’ve lost about 6 lbs in three weeks which is very good for me
    (While its great to hear other people’s experiences, I never compare myself to anyone else in terms of weight loss, it would be too destructive). I hope to lose around two stone. I just keep meals simple and count the calories. If I come in around 850 a day, then I’m chuffed. I’m not doing anything like as much exercise as you. You may well find you have lots of people telling you you need to eat more than 800 calories but you will have to make your own mind up as to how many calories to have in your exercise days.

So I hope you enjoy your class tomorrow and you’ll soon start to see some results.

• posted by Fin1965
    on

Hi Janet1973, well I’m encouraged about your weight loss with slim fast and I hope I could match that. I went to my body tone class this morning and finished at half eleven and had my first shake. I’m not adding back any cals from exercising……yet!, I’ll see how I go and if I need another shake or another portion of brocolli, I’ll have it. This is my third day today, im not hungry as such, just used to going into the kitchen and taking a little of this and that from the fridge. Now I’m not doing that behaviour, it’s amazing how much time I have. When I look back I must’ve been constantly grazing without even a thought. It’s a hard habit to break but I must nail it. Weight wise nothing’s budged but I do feel thinner some how. I’ve also got a string measurement of my waist and will put it round myself every few days.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Fin,
    Yes I have found the grazing a hard habit to break too. I used to have three meals and three snacks a day so to go down to just three meals and sometimes just two does take a bit of effort sometimes.

My favourite way of tracking the changes is a pair of trousers which I knew were bursting at the seams when I started. They now fit me nicely and I plan to take my mum out to lunch in them tomorrow. The good thing about them is they show me where I have lost weight from my legs and bum as well as my waist. I have a whole wardrobe of dresses, skirts and trousers all waiting to fit me again!

• posted by Fin1965
    on

Hi Janet,
    I’m sure you’ll get into all those clothes again soon. I’ve got a pair of white trousers which are snug!, those are my testing pair which still feel the same at the mo. I’ve got a stone and a half to get off, I lose so slowly, it’s day three and nothing yet. I’d love to get the whoosh but nothing yet. I get really hopeful and have managed to stay on track with the support from this forum, but it’s difficult in the bathroom when I stand on the scales, cross my fingers, look down and the same number, 11st 1 keeps appearing!! Oh well onwards I will continue. I keep telling myself that at 800 cals it’s impossible not to lose weight, this is the only thing keeping me going. Hope you’re going well, and those clothes keep getting more roomy!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I found that weeks 1 and 2 were good for weight loss for me, like you I lose very slowly which I put down to my underactive thyroid. But I haven’t lost anything in week 3, in fact I am retaining water again. I have decided to follow bill1954’s lead (if he’s doing it, its worth doing, right?) and I have ordered some ketostix which will tell me whether or not I am in fat burning mode. If not, then I know I need to tweak what I’m eating but if I am in the zone, I know just to wait it out and the weight loss will show on the scales again soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.