This really works – my experience

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Airies65
    on

Hi I started the BSD at the beginning of June and I am female, 5ft 3 and was 64.8kg and so at that point was within the BMI. My motivation to start was that since 2009 my liver function readings were getting progressively worse. My BP was going up and so was the cholesterol. I was fed up as although I am 65. I keep really fit. My doc said I had fatty liver. When asked what I should do about it she has no answers except to give up alcohol. I only have an odd wine if I am out socially so hardly a hard core drinker!
    Anyway I spotted MM’s book at the airport in Sydney and by the time I got home I had read it and it made so much sense! At the end of the 8 weeks I was 58kg and had another blood test and returned to the Doc. She looked at the results and was amazed that all was really back within the normal range. The other amazing thing was that I have been taking a steroid puffer for years for asthma and all my symptoms have stopped. So I stopped using it with no adverse reaction. I monitored by BP all the way through and it was consistently around 115/70. In spite of all this she was reluctant to take me off the BP tablet (I only take half a tablet). Her only comment was ‘Well don’t lose any more weight’. She was highly skeptical. Time for a new GP I think!
    The forum is a great motivator. The ideas are amazing. I am finding ongoing that my ‘little treat’ is a couple of pappadums just cooked in the microwave , a small piece of brie cheese a couple of olives and a small red wine.
    I just really wish we could get the medicos to change their mantra. This juggernaut is going to be a massive one to turn. Maybe MM should joint venture with Jamie Oliver (who is trying to improve the diet of children too) and together they could retrain the western world via their TV profiles.

Please log in or register to post a reply.