This has to work for me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lynne, the comment don’t lose too much i think comes from thd shock of seeing someone lose a lot of weight quickly. People are not used to seeing it. We were all brainwashed by the its best to lose weight slowly brigade.

Emergency call from dad. Speak later – oh it’s Ict related, not health!!!!! ..:)

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Thank you Hashimoto, fully take onboard the non-Uk resident side of things, do hope that the tecchie team make the streams less clunky!

Lynne, Bill & Hashimoto, I am so impressed at your combined weightloss, that’s a massive amount of fat, simply gobsmacking!!!

: )

• posted by sianeyb
    on

Wow , week 12 POUNDS OFF ! Feeling energised, blood sugar down to 5.4 in the mornings over the last week and going well so far.
    Yes I feel hungry at times, most afternoons but I get through it with mint teas, fizzy water and black coffee!
    This is a challenge but pre plan meals, never skip breakfast even if you just have some yogurt and berries and watch the pounds melt away. One day at a time is my mantra as with any addiction, looking too far ahead is not a great idea.
    Keep at it, keep the fridge stocked with great foods. Celeriac soup is a great filler , just blend it all and it is thick and tasty , put pumpkin seeds onto instead of croutons for extra bite.
    Keep going everyone

• posted by JackieMac
    on

Hi, ref petition – Facebook – I’m going to post it now suggest if any of you use it you do the same. Social media is powerful! I also emailed my local MP.

J

• posted by captainlynne
    on

FiFiP – we’ve had European sugar mountains and butter mountains, looks like we’re getting a world-wide fat mountain. All that fat we’re losing does need somewhere to go! *waves goodbye to excess fat*

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi sianeyb. Great start.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi jackiemac quite a few of us have posted to fb. The more people hear on tv and radio etc the more people will notice it on fb and vice versa.

At the mo the majority of people haven’t heard of the diet or think it’s just another fad diet.

The more noise we make the sooner we will be heard. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lynne,
    There is an ideal weight range calculator at halls-md/ideal-body/weight.htm
    You type in your age, height and gender, and it will give you a weight that most people in your age group consider to be ideal.
    I think it is a bit more realistic than other sites which often have a 20 kg range. The site shows my ideal weight to be above my actual weight and I’m not skinny! I agree with the others though, the weight that you’re happy with and which enables you to keep your blood sugars in the non diabetic range, is the ideal weight for you. We all have a ‘personal fat threshold’, the place at which our fat levels are sufficiently low enough to enable us to eat well and maintain good blood sugar control. For some it may mean staying quite light, for others a loss of 10% body weight will be enough.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lynne have you tried the nhs healthy weight, bmi calculator? It takes variables such as age, gender, exercise levels, height etc into consideration. It is the one your practice will use.

Sianyb well done ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Thank you Cherrianne – excellent site, very helpful as I think BMI belongs in the same deep hole as sugar…..

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Interesting cherrianne
    that gives me 12 stone 5 pounds, much nearer to what I feel comfortable at.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Cherrianne that ideal weight calculator says I need to lose another 8 lbs!! That will take me to 8stones 8lbs – near where I was aiming!! (i.e. 8st 12lbs) Oh well, onwards and downwards!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Well,I got a basic result back from my FBS test – 3.8. That’s a less than the 4.9 to 8 I was getting back in 2011 when I was tested. I wish I had had the test done before this diet as I am sure it would have been much higher as I was piling on weight on fresh air lol
    upshot – I think this diet has had a helpful impact on my blood sugars. I don’t get those crazy dizzy hungry spells I used to get. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi all,
    I liked the site best because it was based on what real people think is their ideal weight. Not some boffin who has failed to take ageing into account. It’s only a guide really, because we are our own best judge of what is happening with our blood sugars, and where we think we look and feel our best.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Judith 3.8 on a FBS ?
    Given that we now consider normal to be between 4 and 5, a FBS of 3.8 is incredible.
    Very well done, no hypos please.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I know, I was a bit stunned! I had even eaten a fairly large apple the day before.

I just know I feel better than I have for a decade and no blood sugar crashes like I used to get ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

That’s a coincidence Judith, my Mum and I were just saying the same thing today. Neither of us get that anxious, jittery feeling or dizziness anymore if a meal is late.
    Today my sister, parents and I went on a 1&1/2 hr dolphin cruise up the Port River. We had planned to go on the 11.30 one to be back in reasonable time for lunch. We then saw a huge party of school children, around 50 of them, on a school trip about to board the boat. We knew it would be really noisy and busy so decided to wait for another boat which left at 12. By the time we needed to return we hadn’t seen any dolphins so the Captain said he would continue a bit longer. So we didn’t get lunch until after 2 o’clock. Breakfast had been at 7, but we were both fine with that. A huge change for us.
    Yes, we did get to see dolphins ( knew you’d ask Judith). The river is a dolphin sanctuary and home to about 30 of them. Lovely day, 28C, cheap day out the equivalent of about ยฃ4 and we’ve never failed to see the dolphins yet. Recommend it to anyone visiting Adelaide.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Ooooh, river cruise and dolphins!!!! I want to see it!

This diet seems to sort a lot of problems!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Cherrianne – What a great site. I love the idea behind it.

Interestingly it gave me near the weight I was in 1991. Where, I think, I felt most at home in my body.

It’s the number I was aiming for in my head.

Judith – 3.8 is awesome!

Deb

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks everyone. The medics want me in the middle of the BMI for my height, so 9st 7 lbs. Cherrianne’s site gives my ideal weight as 10st 3 lbs, an extra 10 pounds. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Going for that means I have another 38 pounds to go ๐Ÿ˜ƒ So I am over halfway there! YIPPEEE.

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Bravo, Hashi
    The evidence just mounts and mounts.
    John

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks John and deb ๐Ÿ™‚ I wish I had been there when the gp saw it!!!!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

hi cherrianne
    Thank you for sharing the website address, I had a look at my ideal weight and it was exactly the weight I was aming for, brilliant.
    Christine

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Capt. Lynne
    Sounds about right. I’m 5,1″ and my max is 9 st 6 ( one stone to go!)
    Penny

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Glad you all liked the site. We are the ones who have to be happy with our weight aren’t we? As long as we are comfortable and our blood sugars/BP/cholesterol are in the ideal range, that’s a realistic aim. We can succeed at this.
    I was looking back through the memory on my monitor. Previous FBS were in the mid to high 6’s usually with the occasional 7+. Post meals around 9 with an occasional 11+ and one 12.4!
    No wonder medication was suggested several times, which is what caused the search that resulted in the BSD.
    Now FBS consistently under 5 and post meal around 5-6, never higher. So happy with results. Going to wait a few more weeks for HbA1c to make sure I get the full benefit of BSD results, but for the first time I’m looking forward to it ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Cherianne
    Great BS result
    Penny

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Thanks Penny, I’m really happy with them. I’ve achieved what I wanted to, and exceeded what I thought would happen. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi cherrianne how lovely to look forward to a blood test! You have really reaped the benefits of this diet!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Cherrianne and Lynne are my two heroines, both of you set out with an objective and both are achieving it.
    A great spur on to others just starting out, well done girls, so proud of you 2

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Aah, thank you Bill, you are very kind. You are well on your way to reaching your objective too! You just need to stop lowering the weight you want to get to lol ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Seriously though, this BSD way of life exceeds expectations doesn’t it? It does take some perseverance and occasional detective work, but to look back at where we all were and what we’ve achieved is inspiring. We are proving that diabetes needn’t be a progressive illness and that we can overcome it. I truly don’t think that those of us who’ve crossed the 8 week line would ever go back to a carb heavy diet again.
    I’m proud of all of us, and treasure the friendship and support. What a great bunch you are.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

ALY where are you? I’m missing you!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Yeah come on Aly we need to hear how you are doing
    Just a quick update (posted elsewhere but this is my sort of diary thread)
    No weight loss this week but I stopped the Metformin altogether and I am still keeping the sugar readings down below 7 fasting and normal the rest of the day.
    Luxurious fatty snack last night, 6 strawberries with CLOTTED CREAM!!!!
    Morning reading 6.6 ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Ooooh, clotted cream!!! Think I’ll buy some next week ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by JackieMac
    on

Well done on stopping the tablets Bill. That’s fantastic ! !!

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Bill you are working wonders with those blood sugars!
    You must be so pleased you are off all the meds. Proud of you and your fantastic achievements. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

It is amazing Bill, well done ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Brilliant Bill!

Such a significant achievement!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I had my blood taken this morning just to see what 9 weeks of hard dieting has done for my underactive thyroid. The nurse was putting a big bag of jellied sweets in her drawer when I arrived. When I told her about the diet the first thing she said was what happens when you go back to eating normally and having 2000 calories a day. I told her I can never go back, this is a new normal and I was never able to eat 2000 calories a day anyway. Then she said its not a balanced diet. I told her a diet of man-made carbs isn’t a healthy diet. She said we need carbs. I said I get carbs from vegetables and pulses. She said she couldn’t imagine eating chile con carne without rice. I gave up.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Janet, my asthma nurse says there are some patients you simply can’t help because they won’t help themselves. It comes to something when you really have to say that about your nurse!!!

I had my bloods (again cos phlebo messed it up) done yesterday – for my thyroid function and cholesterol. Looking forwards to the results!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sounds like they didn’t butcher you this time Judith?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

No, a fortnight ago I made a bit of a scene at the reception desk, pointing out that when I made the appointment for blood tests I was very specific about seeing a nurse and NOT a phlebo. I watched them enter my appt. It was with my nurse. When I was called in it was the same phlebo who left me with a badly swollen and bruised hand. She tried to take my blood using a butterfly – I don’t know what the hell she did but it felt like the insides of my arm were being pulled out!! Now it is on my notes in big ( as Judge rinder would say) that I refuse to have blood taken by a phlebo.

The nurse made an excellent, pain free job of it and got enough blood for the tests. The phlebo had only got a trickle after all that pain!!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Did you know there is even a low carb cruise! It sails in may and its on the ship I would love to be on, the royal Caribbean allure of the seas. Low carb cruising – my idea of heaven!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Judith, I’m getting bloods done next week. Usual nurse is on the sick, so I hope this one is better!

Janet, where does the cruise go? How about a group booking? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Its the Caribbean islands, a week I think. Don’t tempt me! Wouldn’t it be great?

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I paid to be a member of the diet doctor website, its ยฃ6.50 a month and you can cancel any time. Because I’m a paid up member now I’m getting extra info and the cruise is one of the extras. I don’t think its included in my membership fee though ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I don’t think I could cope with the sight of all you bikini clad babes lying all over the place. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Janet1973
    on

But you could wear that mankini of yours!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Glad to hear it Judith. Pin cushion isn’t a good look!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Janet1973
    No, you didn’t give up, she did! No imagination . . .

Cruising sounds very Alluring. I feel the Pitons calling! Wonder if they’ve got low carb lectures & Pilates on tap? It’ll do for me
    Eureka

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi hashimoto

We all have to learn, but un oeuf is an egg! You see oranges don’t say “Ouch”. The nurses will get it?

Once had to encase my husband’s arm in ice after a visit from a doc taking blood. He’d volunteered for it as part of a genetic familial study of bowel cancer. That’ll teach him!!

Hope the test results are good
    Eureka

Please log in or register to post a reply.