This diet is the greatest thing ever. Stick with it and marvel at the results.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by badlands21
    on

A word of encouragement for anyone who is thinking of starting the BSD. Just do it !!

I was diagnosed as being diabetic in January 2016 and knew nothing at all about diabetes. Quickly discovered The Blood Sugar Diet and began to follow it’s recipes and principles. The results over the next 5 months were truly incredible. I’ve lost 36% of my body weight and 6 inches from my waist. I have been able to reduce my BP medication by 1/3 and cut my bad LDL cholesterol by 80%. Best of all, I have gone from being diabetic then blasted through the entire pre diabetic range and now have totally normal blood sugar levels. My GP is astounded by the results and says I am now no longer classified as being diabetic.

The Blood Sugar Diet book is by far the best ยฃ5 I have, or will, ever spend and my advice to anyone who is thinking about following this diet is pleeeeeease give it a go. It can, and will, change your life forever.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Thank you …. and congratulations. Good on you!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by chasingthedream
    on

Thanks for this post. I, too, was diagnosed with diabetes, but misdiagnosed as Type l by the wonderfully competent (not) staff at south Tyneside hospital. Consequently I spent a year injecting myself with insulin quite unnecessarily. It wasn’t until I saw a doctor at the QEII in Gateshead that I was taken off the insulin and managed to stop ballooning. However, actually losing very much weight was hard, with NHS staff recommending a carb based diet. I am now hopeful that I can lose the excess weight, and will do my best to persevere.

• posted by topcattone
    on

Thanks Badlands, great encouragement to me, new diagnosed Type 2 and starting out on the BSD. What was your HbA1c when you were diagnosed?

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Badlands

Again, great news for me as I have to lose a similar percentage (and only halfway there after 12 weeks!). Well done – definitely worth the effort!

• posted by badlands21
    on

My HbA1C when I was diagnosed was 48, so I was just ‘ over the border’ so to speak.

As I say, what I knew about diabetes you could have written on the back of a postage stamp but once I found out you could actually do something about diabetes I was determined to give it my best shot.

Once I started this diet I literally could not stop losing weight. I am well ware that many people can’t get their weight down, but following the principles of The BSD it was actually one of the easiest things I’ve ever done.

And the other plus is that ALL foods I can eat now taste nicer than before !

Just please please give this diet your full efforts and you will see your health improve dramatically. The rewards are truly life changing.

• posted by Fit_My_Jeans_Again
    on

I love reading posts like this! So great, so glad this exists.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thats brilliant BADLANDS!
    This way of eating is the best thing that ever happened to me.
    I dont have diabetes nor was i pre diabetic,but its wonderful that so many people here report how their diabetes is reversed or improved. I was very overweight tho,and depressed coz no matter what diet i did i was hungry,and every lb i lost was always ultimately regained. So i felt i would never be slimmer and healthier,it seemed impossible.
    On BSD lost 48 lb in just under 16 weeks and i feel confident that this time i can keep it off permanently,as i understand now what i need to do.
    Thank you Prof Taylor and Dr Mosley for helping make happen all the wonderful success stories on this forum!
    And thanks to all our members here who share their experiences and inspire others to give BSD a go! Coz its not an easy decision to make,it can seem too difficult an undertaking,but when you see the stories here, you just feel you can try it and see what happens!X

Please log in or register to post a reply.