This can NOT be diet food!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LesleyB
    on

Writing this half way through my cheesy baked beans on mushroom toast…oh my, oh my oh MY!!! What a gorgeous plate of comforting scrumptiousness!!! This will be my go-to supper whenever my husband is not home for dinner and any time it suddenly feels all wintery outside (let’s face it, the way this summer is going I could be eating this a lot!!)

This has to be the easiest most satisfying diet I’ve ever been on, plus I’ve lost 5lbs and week 1 is not even over!

Bring on the next 7 weeks…I can’t wait ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Izzy
    on

I love the food too ๐Ÿ™‚ it is surprising both how much you can eat for 800 calories, and how much yumminess can be found in less carbs.

well done on 5lbs down!

• posted by JCH187
    on

That’s one of my favourites too ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by FabEllie
    on

I know exactly what you mean. I made the bolognese this week and served it with courgetti. It was soooooo good. I’m also a convert to cauliflower rice. Tonight, I’m giving the Aubergine lamb a go. It’s like discovering a whole new dimension to food combos.

• posted by Bissell
    on

You must be very chuffed, what a great start!

I’ve just picked 750g black currants off my allotment. Normally I would have lots of ideas of how to use them, but I’m struggling!

Any ideas gratefully received!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Bissell
    Ooh just looked them up, cal wise they are okay but at 15.4 carbs per 100 g I would be giving them away, nothing wil sabotage my health and weight loss no matter how free they are. So good luck, with that dilemma.
    Regards
    Jan

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi
    What cheese did you use, I use feta, it’s really lush, very strong cheesy taste, just what we need huh. I’ve found I am tasting things so much better, wonder if that is due to this plan, or just that I am relishing every mouthful. Keep up the good work
    Regards
    Jan

• posted by Bissell
    on

Thanks for the reply Jan. Myfitnsspal has them at 7g/100g carbs. You don’t know what to believe when different sites give different values. I might just stick most of them in the freezer for when the family come and cook some without sugar to add to yog. If I can eat rhubarb without sugar, I reckon I can eat anything!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yes I used my fitness pal as well, but I find that site unreliable sometimes you have to look and look again. As it sometimes gives opposing values on the same page. I would assume they are not in the plan so not to kind on the carb side.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Sounds lovely but to high ion carbs for me

• posted by Bissell
    on

Thanks Izzy, I might give them a try! I have a birthday coming up, so maybe ……

In the meantime, I’ve stewed 100g in a little water, if I divide into three for some yoghurty breakfast I should be ok.

• posted by LesleyB
    on

Maybe it’s some kind of weird detox euphoria, but I am literally in heaven after today’s poached egg and salmon stack!!!
    After yesterday’s pure comfort of cheesy beans, this was so elegant I’ve already earmarked it for Christmas morning breakfast and want to held a brunch party right now! And soooooo tasty! All that was lacking was a glass cava, but d’you know what….it was so good I didn’t even miss that!

Good eating everybody!
    LesleyB xxx

• posted by LesleyB
    on

Hi green Janet. I used the grated mozzarella in the recipe and it was wonderfully sticky and stretchy! Yummy!

• posted by LesleyB
    on

Hey FabEllie!
    I’m a fan of the cauliflower rice too! I did, however, just not tell my husband what it was till after he’d eaten it all! ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi LesleyB
    After reading your post I had the same brunch, so easy, and lovely. Looking forward to when I am at target and can have a slice of rye bread to mop up the luscious remainder of the sauce, but our dog Lady Lucy much appreciated it, lots of tail wagging, must admit though because I hadn’t eaten for 14 hours, it made me feel quite unwell for half an hour after I ate it. But yes one for the do again list. I used full fat c.fraiche, and mine was 324 cals and 5.4 carbs, so all good. Hope you have a super day.
    ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š Jan

Please log in or register to post a reply.