Thermomix recipies

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Meisha
    on

Hi everyone! We’ve recently purchased a thermomix. Does anyone have any recipe’s to share? Been researching this diet and just downloaded the book…very keen to get started

• posted by Janet1973
    on

What’s a thermomix?

• posted by Meisha
    on

its a german designed kitchen appliance, does all sorts functions. rather than having several different appliances – this is one unit. so you can bake, steam, chop, make soups etc

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oooo a gadget !!! I love gadgets, tell me more please.

• posted by Celsa
    on

We’ve had a TM for a couple of years, and it gets loads of use! Some of our regular recipes that I think would fit in with the Med style diet are red lentil dhal, red pepper soup (I don’t know if they still do it, but it’s the one the demonstrator showed us when she did the demonstration), and we make pasta sauce with it a lot, which we use to make bolognese, or shakshuka on the hob.

• posted by Celsa
    on

We also have the Indian cookbook, and make a couple of the curries out of that. There is a great recipe for homemade baked beans on the Quirky Cooking website, but it does have a lot of sugar in it, so I’m not sure how that would fit into the diet. Next time I make it I might just half the amounts of brown sugar and dark treacle that goes in it.
    Oh and I make a batch of harissa paste with it every now and then (and freeze it in individual packets) and use that as a marinade whenever we have chicken.

• posted by Meisha
    on

thanks Celsa, so far we’ve made lamb with veggies – the lamb was so succulent. last might we made the miso chicken with veggies, with very small (and I mean not even 1/4cup) brown rice mixed through -DELICIOUS!!

• posted by Meisha
    on

Haha Bill, youtube it – its an amazing contraption

• posted by Lynete
    on

Hi
    where are you based?
    I have a load I can send you

Lynette

• posted by Meisha
    on

Hi Lynette
    I’m in Australia

• posted by MaryR
    on

Hi Meisha, I have a Thermie and love it.
    I’ve made some of the BSD recipes from the book with it, and it’s worked really well, saving a lot of elbow grease, such as the beetroot, apple and cannelini bean soup. When I first did this recipe, without the Thermie, having grated 500 g of raw beetroot by hand, I has sore red fingers and didn’t need to go to the gym that day! But next time, using the parsnip soup recipe in the Fast and Easy Thermie book as a guide, it was dead easy and delicious.
    Another one I’ve adapted is the Guilt free brownies- blitzing the dates and the cacao nibs first, (actually the Cacao powder from Lakeland worked best) then adding the rest of the ingredients and mixing for about 30s. Doubling the quantities in the same size baking tin gives a nicer thicker result, just have to cut into smaller pieces to keep them to 120 cals each.
    It’s good for the almond butter, for hummus, the celariac topping for the fish pie, and I would use it for making the meatballs, but haven’t got around to those yet. You could easily do the Bolognaise and Arrabbiata sauces in it, but personally I prefer those done on the hob, because I feel the lower cooking temperature of the Thermie doesn’t allow the flavours to blend and concentrate as well as conventional methods.
    Loved that video! There’s lot more YouTube stuff on the Thermomix on line, for anyone interested. If I had a fire and had to choose one bit of kit to save, the Thermie would be it!
    MaryR

• posted by Meisha
    on

HAHA funny video

thanks Mary…its such a huge time saver 🙂

• posted by AJH66
    on

Hi my wife and are new to the BSD world however we have been thermomix owners for a while.

Lynette you mentioned you had a few recipes, or any one else, I have a TM 31 and would be very grateful for any thermomix recipes.

We have converted a couple of BSD recipes however if someone else has done some that would be great, I like easy.

regards ash

• posted by Megan LO
    on

Have a look at skinnymixers.com.au – lots of recipes that will fit into 800 calories. The cauliflower soup with chicken is GREAT!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.