The Week 3 Struggle!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fresiaflower
    on

Hello,

I have been on the Fast 800 for nearly three weeks now (started on 14th Feb) and this week has been so tough! I am not loosing any weight, seem to fluctuate between kilos this week. I know I shouldn’t find this disheartening but it’s hard not to. I am pleased with weight loss so far (12pounds) but really would like to loose at least a stone more.

I seem to be desperate for food and all the bad food too! I’ve managed to stay within my 800 calorie limit (apart from today 850, which I now feel guilty for!) but just feeling a bit disheartened that nothing has moved this week. I know it could be the Woosh effect, but wondered if anyone else has or had any difficult moments and if it gets lots better in week 4,5,6,7 or 8!

I am very keen to see what happens at the end of the 8 weeks but really looking for advice on how you have coped/are coping?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi.

You’ll see on here that we all find we had times when the weight didn’t move, but then it starts shifting again. Just trust the plan and stick with it. You’ve done well to lose that 12 pounds ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I’m just coming to the end of 10 weeks on the plan and want to stick with it for as long as possible as I have about another 4 stone to lose (34 pounds gone so far). The team say that as long as we feel ok, have no problems, then it’s ok to stay on this for a few extra weeks, then go to 5:2 but quite a few on here seem to be talking about staying on this, especially those like me with a fair bit more to lose.

As well as weight loss, the other health benefits have been significant ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Fresiaflower, they are my favourite flowers! I think week 3 is always going to be a tricky one because the novelty has largely worn off but you know you still have a way to go. That’s how it is for me anyway. The weight loss is likely to slow a little at this stage as your metabolism readjusts to your new size. You know, it actually slows down as you lose weight, making it harder to lose more weight. The irony! If you are not doing much exercise yet, then moving more will boost your metabolism. If you do exercise, maybe try for more resistance training.

Don’t fret about the extra 50 calories though. I say it a lot in these forums but guilt (along with sugar) is our enemy and both will massively derail your efforts. Bear in mind a normal calorie intake to maintain weight would be around 1600-2000 calories so anything under 1000 cals a day is considered very low so your extra 50 really won’t stop your weight loss.

You will see the scales move again if you keep going. But my favourite test is trying on a pair of trousers that wouldn’t fit me before but are looking and feeling better every week regardless of what the scales say. All the best to you.

• posted by Pat.Unlimited
    on

What Janet1973 said!

• posted by Rubytuesday
    on

Hey,
    I’m in week 3 too and starting to struggle so enjoying the comments here. I’m feeling less hungry than last week (time of the month) but a little disheartened that the scales aren’t moving faster. I’ve lost 8lb but 7 of those were in week 1. Ive been very strict, weigh everything and input it all to myfitnesspal, so it’s quite disheartening not to lose more this week. However I did measure my waist and hips this morning and have lost 3 inches round the middle. My Mum said that when she used to do Atkins the scales might not move but the tape measure did. I’ve got another 1.5 stones to lose and a family wedding at the end of the month so trying to think of that to keep me motivated. Hopefully we will both start losing again asap. Good luck!

• posted by susieq
    on

Hi, ME TOO! After 3 weeks of great weight loss I have stopped losing weight and, despite being really strict and using myfitnesspal, was beginning to think that this was just another diet I’d failed at! Having read the posts on here, I’m determined to carry on for the next five weeks as I have massively reduced my insulin (66 units a day at start – now down to 16) and have lost 5kgs so far (need to lose another 10 – so may need longer). I’m enjoying the food and haven’t yet felt any real hunger pangs. Keeping my head straight was ok whilst I was losing but it’s difficult to get through this barrier – just trying to stick with it. Joined the forums today, so hoping a bit of ‘sharing’ will help!

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi susieq, that’s an impressive reduction in your insulin in just a few weeks. What an achievement. Definitely not a failed diet is it? Be proud of yourself, you will get the weight loss too.
    Nearly everyone seems to reach a plateau after a few weeks but then the weight loss starts again. Stick with it, don’t be discouraged. If you read the other posts you’ll see you’re definitely not alone in this. Might pay you to do a quick check on your carb intake too. The consensus here seems to be 50 g a day will achieve good blood sugar control and weight loss. Hope to hear soon that the kgs are dropping ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by susieq
    on

Hi Cherrianne, thanks for the words of encouragement. I think I need to celebrate the successes more, after all a small victory is still a victory. I think you’re right on the carbs as , looking back on myfitnesspal, my carbs have been about 65-75 g a day as I’ve been trying to stick to my porridge for breakfast (a hang over from dietician advice, when first diagnosed, to stabilise blood sugar during the day) – may just have to move to scrambled eggs and smoked salmon!!

• posted by Fresiaflower
    on

Thank you all for your advice and words of encouragement. I genuinely think that the reason I am continuing doing this is the fantastic support from you all! It’s so reassuring to know that others are going through the same thing. The weight losses and inches lost have been so impressive! I have been feeling a bit better today (mainly due to your lovely kind supportive words) and know we will get there! ๐Ÿ™‚ Honestly, thank you all who have commented, you really have made me feel like I can keep going now!
    Please keep me updated with how well you are all doing, it’s so lovely to read and also so encouraging!

Please log in or register to post a reply.