The In Betweeners

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,sorry I meant to weigh then post on Saturday,forgot to weigh and didn’t stick to hummus and veg at either party so am going to leave weighing until this coming Saturday!We had a lovely weekend but I feel exhausted after all of the planning and feel I have another kidney stone(my own fault, I still don’t drink enough water) so, apart from doing lots of laundry as lovely sunny day for drying, I’m having a pretty easy day.I hope everyone is ok, I will catch up with the posts later today.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

OMG we are on page 2 now and I haven’t even got cracking properly yet!
    I’m blaming it on hosp visits but it’s not good enough..a poor excuse.
    DAWN you and I should be drummed off the bus for bad behaviour! We- must- do- better!!!! We are half way thru the year almost. Let’s make a pinky promise to each other? get back on the bus and on our horses too,clippety clop! AND our bikes!
    Love to all,just back from an afternoon at the hosp,so no energy left for reading. Hope you all are doing ok,my lovely chums! XX
    Well done on laundry DAWN,love how everything dries fast this time of year! 🌸💕🌹💕🌷💕🌼💕🌻💕 xx
    Ps I hope you dont have kidney stone 🙏

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Yes Yowzer , I pinkie promise I’m back on the bus,horse AND bike😀 I have passed a kidney stone tonight but it just caused stinging (not the very bad pain I’ve sometimes been doubled over with occasionally in the past) I know the answer to stop getting them is to drink more water so a really MUST start doing that.I hope your sister is still making good progress and that you are able to have a relaxing evening.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks DAWN forjoining me on pinky promise! I’m glad the stone passed more easily this time. Let’s add drinking more water to the p promise,I don’t drink nearly enough ..if I ate as little as I drink water I wd be lovely and slim! X

• posted by annieds
    on

Three weeks in and going well – steady weight loss, no hunger, a return of energy. BUT, the most severe sore throat I have ever had! Five days so far. I’ve had to cancel two gigs. Is this part of the dreaded ‘keto flu’?
    I am so determined to do this once – I am the most determined person when I want to be – so whatever I have to go through now can do its worst!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Annieds, doesn’t sound like keto flu sound like you have a respiratory tract infection. Keto flu usually refers to the flu like symptoms like shivers, sweats, weakness etc.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi happy band of busssers!
    ANNIEDS! Hope you’re feel8ng better? Well done on a v successful three weeks!
    I’m still struggling but doing better now,as I’m determined to keep my pinky promise to DAWN xx
    Just came across this …something to think about as we bowl along on the bus…
    The 3 Cs of life..
    Choices,Chances,Changes..you must make a choice to take a chance to change your life xx
    Enjoy the weekend!
    💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Yowzer I’m afraid my pinkie promise is wavering terribly😩 You will need to stock up on wet lettuces as this rate!!!!! Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I’m wavering too DAWN. What’s up with us,why can’t we focus? I have a good day then ruin it by having a not so good or plain and simple bad day 🙄 looks like it will take more than wet lettuces to keep us on track. I’m stuck on the luggage rack,not allowed a proper seat until I pull myself together.🙁
    How are the family anyway? My DD has been unwell for about ten days now,covid symptoms,but keeps testing negative xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

I will sit on the luggage shelf with you at the minute Yowzer😞 Sorry to hear your DD is poorly, I hope she starts to feel better soon.How is your sister? Family ok at the moment thanks, DD in middle of mocks, my Mum’s new hip is still doing well.My Dad isn’t great but hasn’t been for some time, we really don’t know how he’s still hanging on bless him.Dawn X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all!!!
    Yes it’s me in Italy 🇮🇹 I wasn’t going to reply until I got home as my weeks holiday finishes tomorrow but I read your messages and though I would make you feel better I fell off the bus 🚌 last sat yes I have had pizza 🍕 🍦 spaghetti 🍝 you name it I have had it!!! Delicious 🤤 but Monday I had better 🏃‍♀️ run behind bus snd jump back on quick!!!
    I dread to think 🤔 what the scales ⚖️ will say oh well hopefully 🙏 we get home tomorrow just heard from easyJet Italians are on strike tomorrow at airport!!!
    Be in touch next week
    Have a nice weekend everyone
    Lv 🐷 piggy nokie x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ah NOKIE ! Enjoy those holiday treats! Life’s too short to deny yrself a good holiday and that includes eating and drinking what you fancy. Thank you for coming online to cheer me and DAWN up,that’s really kind and thoughtful. Enjoy yr last hours in Italy and have a smooth journey back ! xx

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi all

Just dropping in to say a quick hello at the end of a very busy week.

Yowzer and Dawn sending lots of love to you both. Hope your family situations improve very soon, and I think you should spare yourselves those wet lettuces this time round.

I’ll join in your pinky promises if I may? I’ve been so busy the last couple of weeks that I’ve also lost focus. But want to reboot so here we go. Weirdly my hubby has gone all health conscious this last couple of weeks. Says he’s let himself go; so has stopped drinking and is doing loads of exercise. So if only I can get my act together and plan low carb meals we should both be able to start meeting done goals!

Nokie look forward to welcoming you back from your fab holiday. Cathy is it this weekend you’re away? Enjoy x

Annie’s how the throat? I agree with sunshine-girl that it sounds more like an infection than carb flu. Hope you feel better soon.

Hello to everyone else too. How are you doing? I remember someone posted very recently about a good loss -5/6lb?- but I daren’t scroll back in case I lose this. So well done to you, and keep going 👏👏👏

Have a great weekend everyone, and let’s keep this bus moving 😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

That’s lovely news about yr mums new hip DAWN 💜x
    I’m glad your Dads still hanging in there,my sister is too,patients don’t get much rest. They’re either turning her every two hours or taking her for scans or checking her bp etc etc,but they’re brilliant,God bless the NHS 💕

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ahh hi DCT!sorry I didn’t see you when I was answering DAWN and NOKIE
    Of course you can join our pinky promise,more the merrier. I like that word,reboot 👏👏xx
    It was DAWN lost incredible 6 lb,clever girl,remember that DAWN!you can do it again,back on the horse clippety clop!
    Love to LINDA!JENNIE!RUBY!SUE!NAT!CATHYC!NOKIE!ANNIE!DAWN! and all on board xxxx ding ding!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone
    annieds – when I first started BSD, I remember being really tired and a bit weak and I had a couple of dizzy spells close together. I’ve read other people reporting flu-like symptoms but I don’t remember people talking of severe sore throat. Hope your throat is better today. Brilliant to hear your determination. It really is worth it.
    Dawn – sorry to hear about the kidney stone although glad that it passed more easily? this time. It’s great that you, Yowzer and DCT have made your ‘pinky promise’. Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow.
    Yowzer – like everyone, sending best wishes to your sister and you. I’m also guilty of forgetting to drink enough water; yet one more ‘must do’ to add to my list. As well as Dawn, I remember you having a great weight loss earlier on too.
    DCT – good luck with the re-boot. Noticing today’s date this morning, I’ve been thinking about where I want to be in 6 months and it’s given me extra determination to dig deep, too. Good luck with the reboot.
    Nokie – glad to hear you’ve had a great holiday. Hope your journey back isn’t too affected by the easy-jet Italian strike. See you back on the bus next week – early, mind!
    SueBlue – hope including eating breakfast is keeping you on the straight and narrow. I have to say you’ve inspired me to keep trying out different foods (ending up eating the same small range of meals has always been a weakness). I’m also going to try to bulk cook and freeze. When I’ve tried it in the past I’ve ended up not freezing it, just eating bigger portions or having seconds. But I know it will help me stay on track so I’m going to give it another try. 1.6lb loss – nice!
    Natalie – hope you found some breakfasts to suit you too – and your winter weather!
    Linda – I also find your tips about good food helpful. Hope you and hubby are doing well.
    Cathy – I just wanted to say a big thank you for the advice about my ankle strain. It is still painful and I’m surprised (and frustrated!) at how long it is taking to get better but I’ve been doing exactly as you suggested and it’s really helped. I didn’t know the compression thing either. Enjoy your two days in Lytham, despite growing up in the North-West I’ve never been there. Let us know how it went.
    JGwen – hope you’re going well.
    Well, this is a longer post than planned – teach me for leaving things so long – so I’ll leave it there, and update on how I’m doing tomorrow or early next week.
    Take care
    Jennie xx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello Everyone
    I’m popping off the bus this weekend for my little break in Lytham. Thank you for all your good wishes. I am nervous of going away by myself but it’s something I want to do. I’ve found it very challenging being on my own for the last couple of months- one month until my husband is back home. My clothes are fitting me Ok and that’s my measure at the moment. I haven’t lost any weight which has been disappointing but am still feeling positive about things. My health and well-being seem to be more important to me at the moment than being a particular weight on the scale and it feels healthier for me than being obsessive about trying to achieve what seems impossible! I think that being accountable and making healthy choices is the way forward. Nokie, Yowser is right about enjoying your holiday and enjoying things you wouldn’t normally eat. That’s what holidays are for. When you get home you can go back to being sensible again. I hope you enjoyed your holiday.
    Have a great weekend everyone. I hope I don’t get lost this weekend! Weather not looking promising but I’ve got a couple of books and my watercolours and some lovely things to eat!!!! I’ll be back on board next week! I had hoped to be 143 when my husband got back home but i won’t be anywhere near that. I just haven’t managed to lose much weight! However, I am happy, healthy, positive, brave and strong! So I am that new woman I wanted to become.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello all, hope you are enjoying the weekend, it’s a beautiful sunny winters day here, and heading for 20 degrees so I’m going out for a walk soon 🙂

CATHY – I loved your post! It was brimming with positivity and I love your new found attitude – I hope you have a fantastic weekend away 🙂

JENNIE – I really enjoy eating a variety of foods, combined with my favourites 🙂 today I’m making roast pumpkin and capsicum soup again – I had a huge pumpkin delivered with my online order last week – I had ordered a quarter but they were out of stock so substituted with a whole one, a bargain for $1.40!

YOWZER, DAWN & NOKIE – good luck with getting back on track. It’s just as well I don’t need the wet lettuce treatment this week as lettuces are selling for record high prices here, due to shortages, they’ve been up to $10-$12 EACH.

DCT – my husband has also decided to try and improve his health, and one of his goals is to drink less beer. He was feeling very pleased with himself yesterday that he’d not had any alcohol all week – he usually has a few beers maybe 3 times per week, but is trying to keep it to once on the weekend instead, so this is helping me as I often only have a drink when he does. On Friday evening I really felt like a glass of wine, after a busy day working, but remembered reading in one of MM’s books about “urge surfing” so did that. The urge only lasted maybe 1/2 hour if that, and I kept busy and soon forgot about it, plus looked forward to having some wine on Saturday evening instead.

I’ve had an ok sort of week, with a 500g loss, so I’ve now lost 1.1kg in 12 days. I think that’s between 2 and 2.5 lb? I got a few walks in, including a 13K step one yesterday, I’ve also been doing some gardening, so keeping active.

I did find it easier sticking to plan (mostly) on the days I had a bigger breakfast/brunch. I managed a few TRE days too, but need to increase those. I trialled 8am – 2pm on one of the days, but was then hungry at bedtime, so I think I’ll just try and stick to 10am-6pm eating window. On work days I’ll just need to have breakfast in my morning tea break to be able to do this.

I’ll weigh in again on Friday, I’ll be happy with another 500g loss as I’ve found in the past that slow and steady weight loss works for me, and the weight I shift mainly stays off, although to be honest I’m not focusing too much on numbers, and focusing on wellness instead, especially with the amount of COVID cases and now flu too in the community.
    Have a good week all 🙂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii folks! JENNIE,That’s a great idea to ask self,where do you want to be,how do you want to feel in 6 months. Really helps the mindset to focus.xx
    NOKIE did you get back ok? Xx
    CCATHY your Lytham break sounds lovely,hope you enjoy( ed) it,are you home yet.xx
    Hi JGWEN and LINDA How you doing xx
    SUE I like the urge surf idea,will deffo be trying that ..determined to do whatever to reboot! and to boot my Carb Monster to the kerb! I looked up 1.1 kg..converts to 2.6 and 3/4 lbs👏👏 well done.i always think,in a way it’s a bigger loss than the scales show,coz if you hadn’t been careful and disciplined about what you ate,how much you exercised etc..you could easily have ADDED but instead you SUBTRACTED. Plus all this lbs and ounces down have the unseen good effects on cholesterol,bp,insulin etc etc…all those things that show up in blood test results.xx
    Love to all busdwellers xx I wonder how MARIET is doing xx have a great week,filled with only good things I hope. It’s getting uncomfortable squeezed in this luggage rack,so I have every incentive to focus on good habits so I can jump down and take a seat again!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello everyone!! I am back !!!
    Had a great holiday as I said on Friday ate all the wrong things but as you all said I had to enjoy my 1 st holiday in 3 years!!🤣
    We have a good flight ✈️ home in the end the Italians did not strike in Sicily I found the first 3 days that I could not relax it seemed strange seeing a lot of people maybe that’s why I ate like i always do !
    Anyway thanks for all your posts I am climbing 🧗‍♀️ back onto the 🚌 today I think 🤔 I. As m going to ease my way to my 💺 seat and stick to Mediterranean diet (no sugar) but try 2 days a week 800 otherwise I will climb back off the bus and I need to stay on it !!
    I have had a week off cooking do will get my recipes out I put on 1.3/4 pounds so not too bad I did do a lot of walking 🚶‍♂️ so maybe that compensated!!!🤣
    Have a good week all
    Be in touch soon
    Lv nokie x💕😊

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi folks,I have been reading all of your posts but haven’t got round to posting myself until today.Nokie I hope you had a lovely time in Italy, it’s my favourite place, so beautiful and such friendly people.DCT thank you for your good wishes, I’m too scared to get on the scales at the moment as fear my 6lb loss will be a distant memory😭Thanks Jennie,I’m probably still not drinking enough water to prevent kidney stones but keeping my fingers crossed that was the last of them!Cathy, I enjoyed reading your lovely, positive post and hope you had a great time in Lytham.Sue I also find that a bigger breakfast/brunch helps me stick to plan so you’ve reminded me to try that this week.Yowzer I think I am jammed solid in the luggage rack😩 I’m going to try my very best to roll out of it today.Wishing everyone on the bus the best possible week.Dawn X

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    I’m back on the bus. Had a brilliant few days away on my own and it wasn’t sad! I loved it! Had a beautiful apartment with a veranda and I got sunburnt on Monday sitting outside reading my book with a G&T! Had a lovely walk on the beach and made the best of things. I ate what I wanted and didn’t feel bad. Nokie – well done on putting in less the 2 lb on your Italian holiday- that’s pretty amazing and will be off most likely this week! I’ve not ventured near the scales because I’m not that bothered what they say these days. I am going by how I feel and how my clothes feel. I am going to be strict now for the next few weeks before my husband comes back on 19th July. Am going shopping tomorrow and I’ll buy healthy food to enjoy.
    I got a new job today which is perfect for me! It’s a temporary job from Sept to Jan going onto primary schools in my area with the vaccination team delivering their flu vaccinations. I will be doing the admin and looking after the children and taking the vaccines etc – I am so happy.
    Back to basics tomorrow for me, knuckling down and optimising my health. Dawn, we can do this- get yourself out of the luggage compartment and dust yourself down.
    Have a good week everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY what fab news! So glad you enjoyed your Hol,and that job just sounds perfect for you!
    I’m squeeeezed so tight into the luggage rack it’s hard to get out,but I’ll persevere and get back into my seat!
    Good quote for us bus folk who are struggling a bit..
    “If it matters to you,you will find a way” ( Charlie Gilkey)
    And…
    “Screw it,let’s do it!” ( Richard Branson)
    Love n hugs to all as we whizz along the road ..the wind whipping through our hair!🥳🫶🏻😀xxx

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello Cathy glad you had a good time and well done with your new job👍Sounds really good sounds like you are back on track and have a good seat on bus 🚌
    Yowzer49!! Love the quotes!!!
    Not sure what is happening with me I know I only gained a little on holiday but it seems to be creeping back on think j will not jump on scales till next week maybe it’s just settling down 😃
    Does anyone do 5-2 in this little group or do you all stay on 800 sugar diet??
    Well Wimbledon is calling good old tennis 🎾
    Continue to have good week all the bus 🚌 is chugging along !!
    Be in touch soon
    Lv nokie xx❤️

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy congratulations on your new job 🙂 and I’m glad you had a good solo break, I’m so envious!
    Yowzer yes thanks for your quotes, they are always inspiring.
    Nokie – I started out on 8 week BSD, then switched to Fast 800 when that version came out, have dabbled with Fast 800 Keto, and 5:2, so nowadays I incorporate recipes from each of the books, and aim for 2 or 3 800 calorie days each week, and about 1200 on other days.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Morning all (as it is here in the UK!)

Cathy I’m so glad you enjoyed your break, and am really pleased about your new job. Sound perfect. Your recent posts are radiating positivity which is lovely to read and so inspiring. As are your quotes Yowzer! Hope your sister is improving? And that you are ok?

Dawn are you out of the luggage rack yet? Come on . . .. we CAN do this! I’ve maintained my (small) loss this week. Am hoping to reach my weekly target by tomorrow 🤞although I have a friend’s leaving do tonight with various colleagues from my old school so I can’t pinky promise not to have a glass or two to celebrate with her. Will report back tomorrow 🙀 Though weirdly, sometimes when you think the scales are going to slap you in the face, they give you nice surprise. And vice versa. Cathy you are right (and as JGwen always reminds us) that scales are not the only thing to measure your progress by.

Nokie, like Sue, I’ve done all kinds of combinations. I originally started with the 5:2 years ago, when it first came to prominence with Michael Mosley’s Panorama(?) documentary. I started doing it and saw great results. My intention on our. journeys is always to do a strict few weeks BSD/Fast 800 (they are pretty much interchangeable in my mind) to shed some excess then adopt 5:2 as my normal way of living. But I never seem to get past the first stage of that . . . . so maybe I should just do 5:2 and accept the slower weight loss rather than the kind of yo-yo holding pattern I seem to have got into. I like your approach Sue, slow and steady mix of 800 and 5:2. And it’s certainly working for you (but I’m sure your delicious food helps 😀)

Must dash now as running late, but hello to everyone else as well. Do post if you haven’t for a while, be great to catch up. We still have 8 weeks to go I think: definitely time to make a huge difference! X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Good morning dreamscometrue and sue blue and everyone else on bus
    Just wanted to Thankyou both for your reply I did the same all those years ago but I think I am going to do what you are doing sue a mixture of recipes as I love cooking but couple of 800 in a week it will take longer but hopefully I won’t fall off bus 🚌!!🤣🤣
    Be I touch soon hope everyone else ok 👍
    Lv nokie x❤️

Please log in or register to post a reply.