The In Betweeners

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,sorry I meant to weigh then post on Saturday,forgot to weigh and didn’t stick to hummus and veg at either party so am going to leave weighing until this coming Saturday!We had a lovely weekend but I feel exhausted after all of the planning and feel I have another kidney stone(my own fault, I still don’t drink enough water) so, apart from doing lots of laundry as lovely sunny day for drying, I’m having a pretty easy day.I hope everyone is ok, I will catch up with the posts later today.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

OMG we are on page 2 now and I haven’t even got cracking properly yet!
    I’m blaming it on hosp visits but it’s not good enough..a poor excuse.
    DAWN you and I should be drummed off the bus for bad behaviour! We- must- do- better!!!! We are half way thru the year almost. Let’s make a pinky promise to each other? get back on the bus and on our horses too,clippety clop! AND our bikes!
    Love to all,just back from an afternoon at the hosp,so no energy left for reading. Hope you all are doing ok,my lovely chums! XX
    Well done on laundry DAWN,love how everything dries fast this time of year! 🌸💕🌹💕🌷💕🌼💕🌻💕 xx
    Ps I hope you dont have kidney stone 🙏

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Yes Yowzer , I pinkie promise I’m back on the bus,horse AND bike😀 I have passed a kidney stone tonight but it just caused stinging (not the very bad pain I’ve sometimes been doubled over with occasionally in the past) I know the answer to stop getting them is to drink more water so a really MUST start doing that.I hope your sister is still making good progress and that you are able to have a relaxing evening.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks DAWN forjoining me on pinky promise! I’m glad the stone passed more easily this time. Let’s add drinking more water to the p promise,I don’t drink nearly enough ..if I ate as little as I drink water I wd be lovely and slim! X

• posted by annieds
    on

Three weeks in and going well – steady weight loss, no hunger, a return of energy. BUT, the most severe sore throat I have ever had! Five days so far. I’ve had to cancel two gigs. Is this part of the dreaded ‘keto flu’?
    I am so determined to do this once – I am the most determined person when I want to be – so whatever I have to go through now can do its worst!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Annieds, doesn’t sound like keto flu sound like you have a respiratory tract infection. Keto flu usually refers to the flu like symptoms like shivers, sweats, weakness etc.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi happy band of busssers!
    ANNIEDS! Hope you’re feel8ng better? Well done on a v successful three weeks!
    I’m still struggling but doing better now,as I’m determined to keep my pinky promise to DAWN xx
    Just came across this …something to think about as we bowl along on the bus…
    The 3 Cs of life..
    Choices,Chances,Changes..you must make a choice to take a chance to change your life xx
    Enjoy the weekend!
    💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Yowzer I’m afraid my pinkie promise is wavering terribly😩 You will need to stock up on wet lettuces as this rate!!!!! Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I’m wavering too DAWN. What’s up with us,why can’t we focus? I have a good day then ruin it by having a not so good or plain and simple bad day 🙄 looks like it will take more than wet lettuces to keep us on track. I’m stuck on the luggage rack,not allowed a proper seat until I pull myself together.🙁
    How are the family anyway? My DD has been unwell for about ten days now,covid symptoms,but keeps testing negative xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

I will sit on the luggage shelf with you at the minute Yowzer😞 Sorry to hear your DD is poorly, I hope she starts to feel better soon.How is your sister? Family ok at the moment thanks, DD in middle of mocks, my Mum’s new hip is still doing well.My Dad isn’t great but hasn’t been for some time, we really don’t know how he’s still hanging on bless him.Dawn X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all!!!
    Yes it’s me in Italy 🇮🇹 I wasn’t going to reply until I got home as my weeks holiday finishes tomorrow but I read your messages and though I would make you feel better I fell off the bus 🚌 last sat yes I have had pizza 🍕 🍦 spaghetti 🍝 you name it I have had it!!! Delicious 🤤 but Monday I had better 🏃‍♀️ run behind bus snd jump back on quick!!!
    I dread to think 🤔 what the scales ⚖️ will say oh well hopefully 🙏 we get home tomorrow just heard from easyJet Italians are on strike tomorrow at airport!!!
    Be in touch next week
    Have a nice weekend everyone
    Lv 🐷 piggy nokie x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ah NOKIE ! Enjoy those holiday treats! Life’s too short to deny yrself a good holiday and that includes eating and drinking what you fancy. Thank you for coming online to cheer me and DAWN up,that’s really kind and thoughtful. Enjoy yr last hours in Italy and have a smooth journey back ! xx

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi all

Just dropping in to say a quick hello at the end of a very busy week.

Yowzer and Dawn sending lots of love to you both. Hope your family situations improve very soon, and I think you should spare yourselves those wet lettuces this time round.

I’ll join in your pinky promises if I may? I’ve been so busy the last couple of weeks that I’ve also lost focus. But want to reboot so here we go. Weirdly my hubby has gone all health conscious this last couple of weeks. Says he’s let himself go; so has stopped drinking and is doing loads of exercise. So if only I can get my act together and plan low carb meals we should both be able to start meeting done goals!

Nokie look forward to welcoming you back from your fab holiday. Cathy is it this weekend you’re away? Enjoy x

Annie’s how the throat? I agree with sunshine-girl that it sounds more like an infection than carb flu. Hope you feel better soon.

Hello to everyone else too. How are you doing? I remember someone posted very recently about a good loss -5/6lb?- but I daren’t scroll back in case I lose this. So well done to you, and keep going 👏👏👏

Have a great weekend everyone, and let’s keep this bus moving 😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

That’s lovely news about yr mums new hip DAWN 💜x
    I’m glad your Dads still hanging in there,my sister is too,patients don’t get much rest. They’re either turning her every two hours or taking her for scans or checking her bp etc etc,but they’re brilliant,God bless the NHS 💕

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ahh hi DCT!sorry I didn’t see you when I was answering DAWN and NOKIE
    Of course you can join our pinky promise,more the merrier. I like that word,reboot 👏👏xx
    It was DAWN lost incredible 6 lb,clever girl,remember that DAWN!you can do it again,back on the horse clippety clop!
    Love to LINDA!JENNIE!RUBY!SUE!NAT!CATHYC!NOKIE!ANNIE!DAWN! and all on board xxxx ding ding!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone
    annieds – when I first started BSD, I remember being really tired and a bit weak and I had a couple of dizzy spells close together. I’ve read other people reporting flu-like symptoms but I don’t remember people talking of severe sore throat. Hope your throat is better today. Brilliant to hear your determination. It really is worth it.
    Dawn – sorry to hear about the kidney stone although glad that it passed more easily? this time. It’s great that you, Yowzer and DCT have made your ‘pinky promise’. Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow.
    Yowzer – like everyone, sending best wishes to your sister and you. I’m also guilty of forgetting to drink enough water; yet one more ‘must do’ to add to my list. As well as Dawn, I remember you having a great weight loss earlier on too.
    DCT – good luck with the re-boot. Noticing today’s date this morning, I’ve been thinking about where I want to be in 6 months and it’s given me extra determination to dig deep, too. Good luck with the reboot.
    Nokie – glad to hear you’ve had a great holiday. Hope your journey back isn’t too affected by the easy-jet Italian strike. See you back on the bus next week – early, mind!
    SueBlue – hope including eating breakfast is keeping you on the straight and narrow. I have to say you’ve inspired me to keep trying out different foods (ending up eating the same small range of meals has always been a weakness). I’m also going to try to bulk cook and freeze. When I’ve tried it in the past I’ve ended up not freezing it, just eating bigger portions or having seconds. But I know it will help me stay on track so I’m going to give it another try. 1.6lb loss – nice!
    Natalie – hope you found some breakfasts to suit you too – and your winter weather!
    Linda – I also find your tips about good food helpful. Hope you and hubby are doing well.
    Cathy – I just wanted to say a big thank you for the advice about my ankle strain. It is still painful and I’m surprised (and frustrated!) at how long it is taking to get better but I’ve been doing exactly as you suggested and it’s really helped. I didn’t know the compression thing either. Enjoy your two days in Lytham, despite growing up in the North-West I’ve never been there. Let us know how it went.
    JGwen – hope you’re going well.
    Well, this is a longer post than planned – teach me for leaving things so long – so I’ll leave it there, and update on how I’m doing tomorrow or early next week.
    Take care
    Jennie xx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello Everyone
    I’m popping off the bus this weekend for my little break in Lytham. Thank you for all your good wishes. I am nervous of going away by myself but it’s something I want to do. I’ve found it very challenging being on my own for the last couple of months- one month until my husband is back home. My clothes are fitting me Ok and that’s my measure at the moment. I haven’t lost any weight which has been disappointing but am still feeling positive about things. My health and well-being seem to be more important to me at the moment than being a particular weight on the scale and it feels healthier for me than being obsessive about trying to achieve what seems impossible! I think that being accountable and making healthy choices is the way forward. Nokie, Yowser is right about enjoying your holiday and enjoying things you wouldn’t normally eat. That’s what holidays are for. When you get home you can go back to being sensible again. I hope you enjoyed your holiday.
    Have a great weekend everyone. I hope I don’t get lost this weekend! Weather not looking promising but I’ve got a couple of books and my watercolours and some lovely things to eat!!!! I’ll be back on board next week! I had hoped to be 143 when my husband got back home but i won’t be anywhere near that. I just haven’t managed to lose much weight! However, I am happy, healthy, positive, brave and strong! So I am that new woman I wanted to become.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello all, hope you are enjoying the weekend, it’s a beautiful sunny winters day here, and heading for 20 degrees so I’m going out for a walk soon 🙂

CATHY – I loved your post! It was brimming with positivity and I love your new found attitude – I hope you have a fantastic weekend away 🙂

JENNIE – I really enjoy eating a variety of foods, combined with my favourites 🙂 today I’m making roast pumpkin and capsicum soup again – I had a huge pumpkin delivered with my online order last week – I had ordered a quarter but they were out of stock so substituted with a whole one, a bargain for $1.40!

YOWZER, DAWN & NOKIE – good luck with getting back on track. It’s just as well I don’t need the wet lettuce treatment this week as lettuces are selling for record high prices here, due to shortages, they’ve been up to $10-$12 EACH.

DCT – my husband has also decided to try and improve his health, and one of his goals is to drink less beer. He was feeling very pleased with himself yesterday that he’d not had any alcohol all week – he usually has a few beers maybe 3 times per week, but is trying to keep it to once on the weekend instead, so this is helping me as I often only have a drink when he does. On Friday evening I really felt like a glass of wine, after a busy day working, but remembered reading in one of MM’s books about “urge surfing” so did that. The urge only lasted maybe 1/2 hour if that, and I kept busy and soon forgot about it, plus looked forward to having some wine on Saturday evening instead.

I’ve had an ok sort of week, with a 500g loss, so I’ve now lost 1.1kg in 12 days. I think that’s between 2 and 2.5 lb? I got a few walks in, including a 13K step one yesterday, I’ve also been doing some gardening, so keeping active.

I did find it easier sticking to plan (mostly) on the days I had a bigger breakfast/brunch. I managed a few TRE days too, but need to increase those. I trialled 8am – 2pm on one of the days, but was then hungry at bedtime, so I think I’ll just try and stick to 10am-6pm eating window. On work days I’ll just need to have breakfast in my morning tea break to be able to do this.

I’ll weigh in again on Friday, I’ll be happy with another 500g loss as I’ve found in the past that slow and steady weight loss works for me, and the weight I shift mainly stays off, although to be honest I’m not focusing too much on numbers, and focusing on wellness instead, especially with the amount of COVID cases and now flu too in the community.
    Have a good week all 🙂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii folks! JENNIE,That’s a great idea to ask self,where do you want to be,how do you want to feel in 6 months. Really helps the mindset to focus.xx
    NOKIE did you get back ok? Xx
    CCATHY your Lytham break sounds lovely,hope you enjoy( ed) it,are you home yet.xx
    Hi JGWEN and LINDA How you doing xx
    SUE I like the urge surf idea,will deffo be trying that ..determined to do whatever to reboot! and to boot my Carb Monster to the kerb! I looked up 1.1 kg..converts to 2.6 and 3/4 lbs👏👏 well done.i always think,in a way it’s a bigger loss than the scales show,coz if you hadn’t been careful and disciplined about what you ate,how much you exercised etc..you could easily have ADDED but instead you SUBTRACTED. Plus all this lbs and ounces down have the unseen good effects on cholesterol,bp,insulin etc etc…all those things that show up in blood test results.xx
    Love to all busdwellers xx I wonder how MARIET is doing xx have a great week,filled with only good things I hope. It’s getting uncomfortable squeezed in this luggage rack,so I have every incentive to focus on good habits so I can jump down and take a seat again!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello everyone!! I am back !!!
    Had a great holiday as I said on Friday ate all the wrong things but as you all said I had to enjoy my 1 st holiday in 3 years!!🤣
    We have a good flight ✈️ home in the end the Italians did not strike in Sicily I found the first 3 days that I could not relax it seemed strange seeing a lot of people maybe that’s why I ate like i always do !
    Anyway thanks for all your posts I am climbing 🧗‍♀️ back onto the 🚌 today I think 🤔 I. As m going to ease my way to my 💺 seat and stick to Mediterranean diet (no sugar) but try 2 days a week 800 otherwise I will climb back off the bus and I need to stay on it !!
    I have had a week off cooking do will get my recipes out I put on 1.3/4 pounds so not too bad I did do a lot of walking 🚶‍♂️ so maybe that compensated!!!🤣
    Have a good week all
    Be in touch soon
    Lv nokie x💕😊

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi folks,I have been reading all of your posts but haven’t got round to posting myself until today.Nokie I hope you had a lovely time in Italy, it’s my favourite place, so beautiful and such friendly people.DCT thank you for your good wishes, I’m too scared to get on the scales at the moment as fear my 6lb loss will be a distant memory😭Thanks Jennie,I’m probably still not drinking enough water to prevent kidney stones but keeping my fingers crossed that was the last of them!Cathy, I enjoyed reading your lovely, positive post and hope you had a great time in Lytham.Sue I also find that a bigger breakfast/brunch helps me stick to plan so you’ve reminded me to try that this week.Yowzer I think I am jammed solid in the luggage rack😩 I’m going to try my very best to roll out of it today.Wishing everyone on the bus the best possible week.Dawn X

on

Hello everyone
    I’m back on the bus. Had a brilliant few days away on my own and it wasn’t sad! I loved it! Had a beautiful apartment with a veranda and I got sunburnt on Monday sitting outside reading my book with a G&T! Had a lovely walk on the beach and made the best of things. I ate what I wanted and didn’t feel bad. Nokie – well done on putting in less the 2 lb on your Italian holiday- that’s pretty amazing and will be off most likely this week! I’ve not ventured near the scales because I’m not that bothered what they say these days. I am going by how I feel and how my clothes feel. I am going to be strict now for the next few weeks before my husband comes back on 19th July. Am going shopping tomorrow and I’ll buy healthy food to enjoy.
    I got a new job today which is perfect for me! It’s a temporary job from Sept to Jan going onto primary schools in my area with the vaccination team delivering their flu vaccinations. I will be doing the admin and looking after the children and taking the vaccines etc – I am so happy.
    Back to basics tomorrow for me, knuckling down and optimising my health. Dawn, we can do this- get yourself out of the luggage compartment and dust yourself down.
    Have a good week everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY what fab news! So glad you enjoyed your Hol,and that job just sounds perfect for you!
    I’m squeeeezed so tight into the luggage rack it’s hard to get out,but I’ll persevere and get back into my seat!
    Good quote for us bus folk who are struggling a bit..
    “If it matters to you,you will find a way” ( Charlie Gilkey)
    And…
    “Screw it,let’s do it!” ( Richard Branson)
    Love n hugs to all as we whizz along the road ..the wind whipping through our hair!🥳🫶🏻😀xxx

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello Cathy glad you had a good time and well done with your new job👍Sounds really good sounds like you are back on track and have a good seat on bus 🚌
    Yowzer49!! Love the quotes!!!
    Not sure what is happening with me I know I only gained a little on holiday but it seems to be creeping back on think j will not jump on scales till next week maybe it’s just settling down 😃
    Does anyone do 5-2 in this little group or do you all stay on 800 sugar diet??
    Well Wimbledon is calling good old tennis 🎾
    Continue to have good week all the bus 🚌 is chugging along !!
    Be in touch soon
    Lv nokie xx❤️

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy congratulations on your new job 🙂 and I’m glad you had a good solo break, I’m so envious!
    Yowzer yes thanks for your quotes, they are always inspiring.
    Nokie – I started out on 8 week BSD, then switched to Fast 800 when that version came out, have dabbled with Fast 800 Keto, and 5:2, so nowadays I incorporate recipes from each of the books, and aim for 2 or 3 800 calorie days each week, and about 1200 on other days.

on

Morning all (as it is here in the UK!)

Cathy I’m so glad you enjoyed your break, and am really pleased about your new job. Sound perfect. Your recent posts are radiating positivity which is lovely to read and so inspiring. As are your quotes Yowzer! Hope your sister is improving? And that you are ok?

Dawn are you out of the luggage rack yet? Come on . . .. we CAN do this! I’ve maintained my (small) loss this week. Am hoping to reach my weekly target by tomorrow 🤞although I have a friend’s leaving do tonight with various colleagues from my old school so I can’t pinky promise not to have a glass or two to celebrate with her. Will report back tomorrow 🙀 Though weirdly, sometimes when you think the scales are going to slap you in the face, they give you nice surprise. And vice versa. Cathy you are right (and as JGwen always reminds us) that scales are not the only thing to measure your progress by.

Nokie, like Sue, I’ve done all kinds of combinations. I originally started with the 5:2 years ago, when it first came to prominence with Michael Mosley’s Panorama(?) documentary. I started doing it and saw great results. My intention on our. journeys is always to do a strict few weeks BSD/Fast 800 (they are pretty much interchangeable in my mind) to shed some excess then adopt 5:2 as my normal way of living. But I never seem to get past the first stage of that . . . . so maybe I should just do 5:2 and accept the slower weight loss rather than the kind of yo-yo holding pattern I seem to have got into. I like your approach Sue, slow and steady mix of 800 and 5:2. And it’s certainly working for you (but I’m sure your delicious food helps 😀)

Must dash now as running late, but hello to everyone else as well. Do post if you haven’t for a while, be great to catch up. We still have 8 weeks to go I think: definitely time to make a huge difference! X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Good morning dreamscometrue and sue blue and everyone else on bus
    Just wanted to Thankyou both for your reply I did the same all those years ago but I think I am going to do what you are doing sue a mixture of recipes as I love cooking but couple of 800 in a week it will take longer but hopefully I won’t fall off bus 🚌!!🤣🤣
    Be I touch soon hope everyone else ok 👍
    Lv nokie x❤️

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Hi All,
    I’ve been meaning to get on here for ages. We’re still basically on the diet however we are still cheating quite a bit. Had Fish & chips a couple of days back & it really turned both of us with the amount of fat in it & the tasteless fish. We used to think that chippy was good but NO MORE! We have found one superb one in Abersychan, where 1 of my cousins live & so when she gets over her Covid I shall go visit her & hopefully bring some home. Also been eating bramley apple strudel with double cream, egg custards yummy still to both of us, but not a regular occurrence thankfully. I am ashamed to say also doughnuts – bit yuckish now to my taste buds.

I had to go back on the water tablets that doc took me off of. My legs swelled up like tree trunks, to the point it hurt me to walk at all. Spoke to him & he’s put it back on prescription, Felt really weird for a couple of weeks, maybe coming off the metformin? Things are slowly getting back on an even keel. Still no energy to speak of but I forever live in hope that I’ll get some back. It maybe my thyroid is still out of whack so doc told me he’d get in touch with an endocrinologist in a different hospital NOT the one I refused to see again, who was pig ignorant, wouldn’t write anything down unless my husband told him the exact same thing I’d just said. I asked to see a different endo. when I had to go on my own – the result of that was he wrote to docs insisting they put me back on levothyroxine immediately. I had EVERY bad side effect from those tabs to the nth degree & both of us thought I was dying, it was THAT bad. Thankfully our docs knew what I’d gone through & they also said I was fairly intelligent lol so I should try natural formulations myself (which sadly they aren’t allowed to prescribe, even though natural thyroid was used to centuries before synthetic levothyroxine – which has NEVER gone through proper clinical trials!!) Beggers belief really that they can prescribe something, that for me, was an absolute poison, yet they can’t prescribe something that was in common use for centuries.

Well, my weight zoomed up to 12 stone 4lbs after I stopped taking the water tablets. It’s gone down now to 11 stone 13lbs but I’m still a little water bloated. We hopefully will be pretty much back on this way of eating totally in the next few days as both of us would like to get back down at least another 1/2 a stone before we go on our Norwegian cruise. Talking of cruises we’re awaiting a call from an American cruise agent (FAR cheaper ie. half the price of booking here) thankfully we can give daughters addresses & hubby is still on an American passport. We hope they have an accessible cabin (preferably with a balcony) for a transatlantic in October. Fingers crossed! May be waiting for a few days as I know Princess cruises are useless to get through to.

SueBlue – I can empathise on the carbs, they are too easy to grab & scoff. Well done you on losing & keep on girl. Soups have been my saviour through the winter, just make litres of the good stuff (cauli leaves, broccoli stalks, leek ends, spinach, 2 chicken stock cubes & a parsnip made me about 3 litres of THICK soup) & have some instead of grabbing for the carbs. Our summer? just lasted a few days & it’s cold now. lol We have been promised another heatwave (up in 70’s if we’re lucky) next week. Hmmmmm
    Cathy – Hope you had a lovely time away, you are SO positive now & I think it’s just about 3 weeks until your hubby gets home, that’ll fly by for you. Sorry i missed sending you birthday wishes.
    Yowser – Hope your sister is doing MUCH better now & that you are catching up on your energy & your diet too. I know how much it can drain you. Keep well girl as we all want the best for you.
    Jennie – hope your ankle is better & you’re keeping to this WOE.
    ADD – hope everything going well with you. Onwards & downwards.
    Jennie – I hope your ankle has healed by now & this WOE is going well.
    Nokie, hope your holiday is/has gone really well & that you haven’t gained too much.
    DCT. You still sticking to it? Hope you have a major whoosh.
    Annieds – 6lbs in 1 week, that’s amazing. Hope you are keeping to this WOE.
    Anyone I missed – sorry. Hope everyone is still OK, the thread looks a little quiet. I shall be back, when I can.

Love to all & keep on keeping off
    Linda XXX

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone and thanks for the encouragement.Unfortunately I haven’t had a great week,I spoke too soon about not getting another kidney stone and had an uncomfortable one for first half of the week which weakened my resolve.Hopefully back on track now but I’m not going near the scales!just a quick post for now but will try to post more during the week.Hope everyone has a good day/evening.Dawn X

on

Hello everyone
    Hope you feel better soon Dawn. The most intense pain ever is renal colic! Incredibly painful! I’ve tested positive for covid this morning! Woke up with a raging sore throat! My husband is still away so at least I won’t be able to pass it onto him. My plan is to rest and hopefully I won’t get too poorly! I’ve got great neighbours who will help me out if I need anything. I will be listening to my body this week. This is certainly a plot twist and wasn’t expected. It’s a quiet week for me anyway, I’ve rescheduled my hair appointment and will lie low and hope it’s a mild dose. Ive dodged the covid bullet for over two years but it was inevitable it would catch up with me eventually!

Have a good week everyone.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

So sorry to hear you have Covid Cathy, look after yourself.I’m hearing of loads of people(myself and DH included) who have avoided it for two years then have caught it over the last few months.I hope you feel better soon, if it’s any consolation my sore throat didn’t last long so I hope yours doesn’t.Take care,Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Monday and happy 4 th July one and all! XX
    CCATHY!so sorry you have covid ..you don’t deserve it,all the work you have done for others on the vaccine campaign
    Laying low is always a good way to get better,rest and let yr body do what it needs to do to recover
    Please ask yr good neighbours for help if there’s anything you need xx
    DAWN so sorry to hear you’ve had more kidney stone trouble. Hoping you are comfy and pain free today? xx
    I’m doing ok foodwise but just not low carb enough. Still,baby steps are better than nothing and I do feel slightly trimmer!
    Have a good week everyone and let’s keep those wheels a-rollin’ !! XXXX
    “ it’s ok if you fall and lose your spark..just be sure that when you get back up you rise as the whole darn fire!”
    ( Dorothy Spring)
    🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥

• posted by SueBlue
    on

CATHY – sending you healing thoughts from the other side of the world! 😷😷
    As Yowzer said it seems unfair after all your work in the vaccine clinic 🙁
    DAWN – I hope you are feeling better now too.
    I’m chugging along ok, we celebrated middle daughters birthday at the end of last week, I had a few meals out, and while I’ve made some healthy choices I haven’t been counting calories – so it was no surprise to see I’d gained almost a kilo when I weighed myself yesterday! Hopefully some of that is water weight which will drop off fairly quickly now I’m back on track.
    We’ve been having a spell of really heavy rain again. I’m ok where I live but nearby towns have been flooded for the 4th time this year 🙁 I got absolutely drenched while walking on the weekend, so did a YouTube walking workout yesterday instead of venturing out! ☔️ I wasn’t working yesterday so made some roasted pumpkin soup and some lentil Dahl, both comforting foods in this weather 🙂
    Hope everyone has a good week – I’ll weigh in on Friday and fingers crossed the numbers on the scales will be moving in the other direction, and I’ll have reversed at least some of this gain!

on

Morning all.

Cathy, so sorry to hear you have Covid. I hope you get well soon. Please take things easy. I know you’re on your own at the moment so if we can help at all please let us know . . . . we will find a way. Perhaps the bus could take a detour past your home to drop off some supplies 🚐

Dawn, how are you this morning? Hope the kidney stone has completely gone now, and that you can take whatever preventative measures needed to stop any more coming.

Sue, glad you had a great time with your daughter. And I’m sure the scales will be back on track by the end of the week. Your food sounds lovely as always 🙂 We’ve been hearing in the UK about the floods in Sydney, and hope that you and everyone you know continues to be ok.

Linda how are you getting on now? Hope that everything is settling down after the water tablet and thyroid check fiascos. When do you go on your cruise?

Yowzer, well done for plodding on despite your recent set backs. Baby steps are better than no steps! Do hope your sister is getting better now?

Jennie how is your ankle doing now? Hope you’re managing to get back on track. And yes, wouldn’t it be wonderful if we were all where we wanted to be by Christmas!

Nokie, Annied, Natalię, JGwen how are you all doing this week?

And hello to everyone else reading this. Hope all is well, and keep in touch X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all on the 🚌

So sorry Cathy to hear you have covid especially after all you have done I wish the bus could ✋ stop outside and we could give you some help you know we are all here for you though hope you feel better soon
    Linda hope your problems are sorting themselves out and you are looking forward to your 🚢 cruise
    Jenny hope your ankle feels better now
    Sue that must of been good with your daughter
    Dawn you poor thing having another kidney stone it must be so painful 😖
    I am sorry if I have left anyone out but I also have had a few days of worry as my dear old dad was rushed into hospital last Thursday morning he had a fall and was shaking all over we followed the ambulance 🚑 but only my mum was allowed in we waited all day they did various tests and gave him antibiotics and gave let him come home it was a mystery as to what it was my sister flew over from Switzerland 🇨🇭 the next day so it had been hectic here !! Not sure what I have eaten so maybe have fallen off bus 🚌 climbing back on now!!!
    Take care every one
    Love nokie xxx
    the food sounded delicious 😋
    Yowzer I do hope you are ok we all seem to be in the wars I hope your sister is ok too

on

Oh Nokie, sorry to hear about your dad. Am so glad he is home now. Take care of yourself and welcome back on board! x

• posted by SueBlue
    on

A quick check in from me.
    CATHY – how are you going? I really hope you are over the worst and on the mend?

I didn’t do my usual Friday weigh in this morning, will do tomorrow instead. Although tbh not expecting a loss as I’ve had so many off plan days. Going through a bit of a stressful time with MIL she is getting increasingly forgetful and confused. Today I rang her at 10am in the morning and she was in bed and absolutely convinced it was 10pm at night and couldn’t understand why I was ringing her so late…
    I’ve been craving comfort food lately,
    Which doesn’t usually happen to me,
    And I found this article interesting
    https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/lifestyle/the-reasons-we-crave-comfort-food-at-this-time-of-year/?user_id=2CC5A4D35D2767B52AB80039BE63CA4CA29C4101853BDD90BEA6EB58F2777258&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=YourLifeChoices+Friday+PM+Update+8+July+2022&utm_content=YourLifeChoices+Friday+PM+Update+8+July+2022+Version+A+CID_a3c01ca136d8971dc8f0766dbd1e9928&utm_source=campaign+monitor&utm_term=why+you+crave+these+foods&amp=1
    Probably not that relevant for you all in the Northern Hemisphere right now though!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,I’ve spent the last 10 mins catching up on posts as haven’t looked properly recently.Linda I hope your water bloating has gone now.Cathy I hope the Covid hasn’t been too bad and that your throat has eased.Yowzer how is your sister doing?Sue it must be worrying about your MIL, I caught up with a friend I hadn’t seen for a while last week and she’s having the same worries about her mum,it’s difficult to know what to do for the best.Nokie I hope your dad is ok bless him.DCT I luckily wasn’t in a lot of pain with the recent kidney stones,just more of a discomfort and bloating.When I first started getting them years ago I ended up in A&E twice as the pain was so bad, but by the time I got to see anyone the stones had passed!After the 2nd time my GP prescribed morphine so that if the pain ever got to that stage again I could just take that and stay at home.The stones I’ve had(and seen) are only about the size of a grain of rice, it’s hard to believe they can cause so much pain/discomfort!I really have upped my water intake though so I’m hoping that will help.
    I have had another week totally off plan.My mind does not seem to be focused at all at the minute, I had been thinking about taking a few weeks off the forum until I feel more able to commit but I weighed myself this morning and,although I haven’t gone back over 12 stone, I have only lost 2lbs on this bus trip now so feel I NEED to start this properly as just over 12 weeks until the Florida Disney holiday and I would love to be down to my goal by then🤞So I’m sitting firmly in my seat,gripping with both hands!!!! Dawn X

on

Hello everyone. Hope the weekend is going well?

Dawn I’m glad your latest bout of kidney stones has been relatively mild; it all sounds horrible.

Cathy how are you? Have been thinking of you, and hope Covid is on its way out now. A friend of mine said the other day that many of the people she knows who are currently getting it have not had it before, and when I thought about it I immediately thought of at least three in that category, including you Cathy. No idea if it’s true generally, but it’s weird how viruses work.

Sending hugs to all who have concerns about aging parents. I’m currently visiting my mother who is 94 and still lives independently- 300 miles away. She’s mentally with it but is increasingly less mobile and also hard of hearing so communication can be a problem. I do keep trying to persuade her to live nearer us but she’s not having any of it …

With so much going on it’s not surprising that many of us are finding their motivation flagging. I’m in that place too, but am determined to make the most of the rest if this challenge. 7 weeks left and I want at least 7lb gone. That is doable 🤞 and would take me back under 140lb. There are so many reasons why I want that to happen, but it’s also been reinforced this weekend, seeing my mum struggle. I just want to do all I can now to be as fit and healthy as possible and give myself a better chance of a ripe old age.

Let’s do this!!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all
    Hi Cathy hope you are feeling better now from covid
    Gosh it’s 🥵 hot in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿!!!
    I have had a mixed week one day good one bad we went to visit family on Thursday ended up at a pub and I fell off bus and had scampi 🍤 and 🍟 chips just though ok tomorrow is another day! Then yesterday saw more family and ended up eating at pub again 😋 I am not getting on scales as I won’t like what I see!! It’s so hard when you relax and enjoying yourself isn’t it !! Oh I will heave myself back on to bus 🚌 this week I warn you all it might come to a stand still with my extra pound’s 🤣🤣
    Hope you are all ok 👍 my dad still poorly has to have a brain scan this week so it’s a worrying time for all our family
    Take care everyone
    Lv nokie x😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi travellers!
    NOKIE I read “ended up at a pub and I fell off bus “ for one moment as you went to the pub,got drunk,fell off bus! I was feeling anxious about you til the penny dropped! 😄 Hope yr Dads scan goes well xx
    Lots of us have relations who aren’t too well at the moment. Sending up a prayer they get well soon 🙏 My sister doing ok but only very slowly recovering xx
    DCT enjoy visit to your Mum. I hope you have her longevity gene! xx
    SUE thanks for the article,will read when I finish this post xx
    CCATHY and JENNIE How are you both,better now I hope? xx
    Shout out to LINDA,a are you cruising now? xx
    Pinky-Promisers!…how’s it going? I’m do8ng ok ( ish) but still not low carb enough. A vast improvement tho.xx
    Good luck for the week ahead,Bus Gang! XX
    “ Your body is your most precious possession so take care of it “( Jack Lalane ) 💜💕💚xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a nice weekend.Nokie I’m so sorry to hear your dad’s still poorly, I hope his scan goes ok.
    Yowzer my pinkie promise has gone awol but I’m sitting in the summerhouse at the moment doing a menu for the week on MFP so have regained some focus at least!I ordered some Fast800 coffee shakes and, even though I prefer proper food, I think they may help me this week.I find their shakes a bit grainy (maybe it’s the nuts) but won’t be using them for long.
    DCT your mum sounds amazing at 94 still living independently but I can understand why you would want her nearer!
    I will try to check in regularly this week and am going to make my weigh in day Saturday.I would love a few pounds off by then🤞Good luck everyone.Dawn X

on

Hello everyone – thank you for your kind thoughts whilst I’ve been struggling with covid! I’ve been very very poorly indeed this week and I am still testing positive today. Today is the first day when I have felt reasonably well and I have spent two very scary days and nights with breathing difficulties. I am asthmatic. It’s very scary having covid on your own! I’m hoping I’ve turned a corner and am on the road to recovery. 9 more sleeps til my husband comes home and I’m very excited and nervous in equal measure. Twelve weeks with no contact has been very difficult. I hope he hasn’t changed too much! I’ve not changed physically as I hoped I would have but I’ve more than made up for it in how strong and brave and positive I’ve become.
    Yowser I loved your quote about our bodies being the most precious possession and I’m so glad I’m in the other side of covid and am here to tell the tale. It’s made me appreciate everything so much more! I reckon if I had not had my vaccines I would have been in hospital by now! So in a few days time when I am covid negative and feeling stronger I am going to be back on the bus with you all. I can’t promise that it’s going to be about losing weight- it seems impossible for me to lose weight these days but maintaining and being healthy and positive will do it for me. I am just happy that I’m alive and well this week.
    Have a good week everyone-I am so happy to be getting back on board with you.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY,so sorry you’re having such a rough time,and I’m sorry your other half can’t be with you to look after you ..I hope yr neighbours have helped when/ if you have needed it. Very very sorry about the asthma attacks, I know from my DD have scary and awful they are
    Not too long now til you get your SO back! It must have been so strange all those weeks with no contact,but you have proved how strong and resilient you are when flying solo.
    Seems so unfair you getting a really bad dose of covid when so many have just had it mildly,you don’t deserve that after all you’ve done to help others NOT get covid. Also very tough luck getting it when you’re on your own.
    I wonder how hubby’s fared. He’ll have a lot to tell you when he gets back! XXX sending massive hugs and get well soons!
    XXX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DAWN how lovely to have a summerhouse! Well done on advance planning! Always a good idea to put a plan in place!
    As Benjamin Franklin said..
    “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
    Good luck with the week ahead DAWN and travellers all XXX
    PS I too find my Huel drinks sometimes a bit grainy but they come in handy at times as they’re quite filling xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Cathy I’m so sorry to hear how bad you’ve been with Covid bless you.I’m pleased you are feeling a bit better now and I hope the next nine days fly over for you.Take care.Dawn X

on

Cathy – just a quick post to wish you a speedy recovery. Really hope you test negative very soon and feel much better. You’re sounding so positive despite it all, and I just know your husband will come back to the changed woman you wanted to be. Sending lots of love.

Hello to everyone else too. I travel home tomorrow – hopefully to another fresh start! – and I’ll catch up properly with news and posts after that.

Hoping for a really good week for everyone X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

A quicky for CCATHY..read this and thought of you,coz you’re doing it!💜xxxx
    “ If you ever get the chance, go alone.
    Walk alone. Travel alone. Live alone. Dance alone.
    Just for a night, maybe, just for a while.
    If you ever get the chance,
    learn who you are,
    when the world isn’t demanding
    you be one way … or another.
    Most people don’t know how to stand on their own
    without another standing beside them.
    Don’t let that be your story.
    When you get the chance,
    know that the opportunity to walk alone,
    if only for a while, is a rare gift ,
    on that can hand you insight,
    that can change the course of your life. “ ( Brianna Wiest)
    DCT safe smooth journey home XX
    Hello DAWN and the rest of our crew! Love n hugs xxx permission for everyone in Uk to have an ice cream,a cold beer or glass of wine while the weathers so hot! 🥂🥳👍xxxx

on

Wow Yowser- how wonderful that you posted this wonderful and inspiring quote. I have to say, as hard as it’s been alone, I’ve definitely
    enjoyed the chance to learn who I am! It’s been an eye opener and I now love and respect who I am! Having been very unwell with covid this last two weeks has been particularly challenging and I’ve had to dig deep over the last three months dealing with one or two unexpected emotional challenges caused by people being thoughtless and unkind. I am stronger than I thought I was.
    I am still unwell from covid and I think it’s going to take a little more time for me to get back to full fitness and peak health.
    Keep strong everyone- keep positive, keep healthy and keep going!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy, sorry to hear you’ve been so unwell, I hope you’ve turned the corner and will start to feel better soon x

I weighed in on Friday and was pleasantly surprised to see I had lost 700g, or 1 1/2 lbs, over the past 10 days or so. I’m now back to 89kg (14 stone), if I can lose another 700g, I’ll be back down to where I was at the end of April/early May, which was the lowest I’d been for decades. My daughters wedding is now only 13 weeks away so I need to stay on track. I doubt I’ll be able to lose 8kg in that time, but if I can lose 4 or 5kg I’d be happy.
    I bought some more clothes in size 16 online last week, in a clearance sale. I got a fitted knit dress, a pair of skinny jeans, a really pretty floral blouse and a chunky cardigan – all for just $10 a piece. Each time I buy something new I donate some of my bigger sized clothes to the charity shop, so I can’t afford to put on weight as I have hardly any larger sized clothes left now!

Hope all our travellers in the UK are coping with the heat wave – the temps you have forecast this week are our summer temps (although thankfully not every summers day is that hot in Sydney), the hottest day I remember was 46 degrees, that was just too hot! Today it was only 0.8 this morning and I think the top temp was about 14, so we are experiencing the opposite to what you all are 🙂 🥶 🌞

Please log in or register to post a reply.