The In Betweeners

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quick thank you to LINDA for the Manuka advice for Beau! Have passed the info on 👍xx
    Love to all and especially to DAWN and family xxxxx

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Yowser – you’re more than welcome. There are very few remedies I share with other people that I recommend 100%, I shall share a few more with you lovely lot. Yowser read to the end & I shall tell you the best way to take & what I did & Carl is now doing.

1. Tea Tree Oil – if you have a sore throat use 2-3 drops in about 20=30ml of warm water & gargle with it. DO NOT swallow it, spit out & then gargle with some more, Spit Out. You should never take Tea Tree oil. One of the reasons that Manuka is SO great is that the bees take pollen from the Tea tree tree – the ONLY way that us humans can take it internally is in Manuka Honey. In WW2 the Australian Gov. stopped peeps working in Tea tree plantations from joining up as ALL soldiers were given packs of medications using tea tree – for putting on infections, stopping infections starting etc. etc. (I’m surprised that Australia hasn’t begun testing their honey as in Queensland especially there are a great many plantations.)

2. Bee Propolis liquid – We use Bee Health from amazon – about £8=£9 for 2 bottles of 30ml each. This is a totally natural antibiotic – it is bleeding wonderful!. Used to take the capsules 1000mg 3x daily BUT the liquid is better 5 drops 3x daily in warm liquids – We use when we’re finishing a coffee, just swirl it around & maybe gargle it. swallow it, if it feels like we’re coming down with something. I used to suffer with horrendous septic throats (the ones that close your throat up nearly totally with yellow pus filled threads) for 30yrs+, every year I’d get it 3-4times & always had to have 2 lots of antibiotics 2 times in a row. A lovely lady whom I bless every time I think of her, gave me some of this 25yrs ago & told me NOT to put my 2nd prescription in. (in the days when chemists closed on weekends & only 1 was open in a large area for restricted opening time – actually not a lot of change to now in this area) To my amazement this did FAR better than any antibiotics that I’d tried before & from that day onwards I’ve never had another septic throat. We ALWAYS have this in the house & travel with it & we always start taking if it seems like something is happening. Ear infections, eye infections, ANY infections – take it! A bottle usually lasts the both of us a year or more, unless we’ve given it away to someone that needs it more than us. lol Pass it on please & buy the 2 at a discounted price because believe me you’ll want to pass it on. Suggest they do the same too. I have only had one lot of antibiotics since the wonderful lady told me about it & gave me some. Carl had 2 lots when he was ill over a week ago & I made him take this too as we wanted to go on the cruise badly. The throat spray is also wonderfully soothing if there is something in your throat but the liquid does the same thing at a lesser price. It’s totally natural & won’t harm you BUT no need to take it daily. It’s also very good for boosting your immune system, so if you are feeling a bit low then take it to give you a boost. It won’t harm you unless you are totally allergic to bee stings. Hubby is allergic to them BUT he doesn’t go into anaphylactic (sp) shock on this so he’s OK with it.

3. Pawpaw ointment – I use Lucas Papaw Ointment from Brisbane Australia. You can buy on Amazon for about £10 a 75gm jar or get from a pharmacy in Australia BUT don’t buy above our import limit, is that still £18 worth? This is wonderful for chafing, nappy rash, boils, burns, open wounds, elderly pressure sores, bed sores etc. etc. For those of you blessed (cursed) with very big boobs you know that summertime can be a nightmare under bust. No longer peeps as put this on your red bits & they disappear overnight or in 2 nights BUT they won’t hurt the 2nd night. A wonderful present to give to a new mother for her baby’s nappy rash. The daughters were overjoyed with it. lol

We ALWAYS travel with those 3 things & invariably I give some away to people that need it. Grown wiser in my old age & usually have small containers too for the papaw & manuka honey 10+UMF that I give away.

4. Manuka 10+UMF to take internally on a small piece of bread 3x daily – for any infections as it kills off most nasty infections & it also helps boost your immune system (just like propolis liquid does) Forgot to say to use it on the skin for any nasty cuts/scrapes etc. We use it on Carl’s really nasty scars & it’s helping them a great deal. We also used it on a spider bite he got 10yrs before we met that was still pretty nasty at times (bit in US clearing an old barn out) In 2 weeks it got rid of it & now he can’t remember where it was on his leg.

OK Yowser – this is for you & others, to let you know how we deal with H. pylori & other nasties. Carl was given Omeprazole to take 2X a day. As I said this just masks symptoms & cures nothing whatsoever. It also has the nasty habit of making any arthritis ten times worse. My hip joints were on the verge of me having to have hip replacements – all because of those bleeding prazoles – read the crimp sheets!
    OK Carl started taking the Omeprazole BUT I stopped him taking them (he thankfully trusted me). He did exactly the same as I did – being frightened to stop them so took 1 a few days later & had a VERY painful tummy that day. He then stopped the omeprazole totally. I started him immediately he came out of the hospital on Manuka 10+ UMF 1tsp on a small piece of bread. (The bread is important too as it helps it to go down to stomach easier – if no bread a cracker, something to take it with – don’t just swallow a tsp full!) Also I put him on the Bee propolis liquid just to get another helper on the scene, so to speak. OK so we’re 11 days in & he hasn’t had another bout & his stomach is no longer hurting him at all. We have plenty of Manuka & Bee Propolis in the house. He will continue taking the Manuka for another 2=3 months or so & hopefully once we get off the cruise we’ll have his biopsy results though.

I bought a shed-load of Manuka 10+UMF at the start of Covid to give all my family & friends as some very nice person was on ebay selling the genuine stuff that was short-dated at a ridiculously low price. Thank-you kind sir! After I’d bought something like 60 jars I did tell him that honey doesn’t go off – they found it in many Egyptian Pharoes tombs & it was still viable after 3,000yrs+. Look on ebay & buy it if short dated or out of date too & the genuine stuff. Anything 10+UMF from Steens, Com Vita, Rowse or Medi Bee should be OK. unless they come from China. There are a few more suppliers but they are the main ones that come over here. As long as they are bottled in New Zealand they should be fine. BUT they MUST be 10+UMF or greater. (don’t buy more than 10+UMF unless it’s as cheap as 10+UMF)

Diet is totally shot now as too bleeding hot to cook, neither of us fancy salads & no Romaine in shops, so we’re eating all the crap stuff again until this heatwave is over, hopefully some-time today as it’s now 1am Monday & I really should be in bed. If you have any questions, ask me now or wait 3 wks until we’re back.Northern lights can now be seen in Norway – I hope they put in an appearance for us. Fingers crossed. Have seen them here a few times but gotta be better the farther North you go & as we go into the Arctic circle we’re ever hopeful.
    Keep on trying to keep off people.
    Love & hugs to everyone Linda XXXX

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Linda thanks for your information on natural therapies – very helpful 🙂 I’m lucky living here in Australia that Pawpaw ointment is quite cheap, I think o bought my last tube in Aldi for $2 or something 🙂
    I will definitely try the other remedies you mentioned. A few weeks ago my youngest daughter had a nasty cold and chest infection, then 10 days later I started getting a sore throat, headache etc and thought here we go…. But I’d read about Echinacea reducing symptoms and lengths of colds and so tried those tablets for a week. I was only crook for a few days, nowhere near as bad as my daughter. Possibly a coincidence or luck but it may have been the Echinacea tablets too :). I’ve also been able to halve my rheumatoid arthritis medication since I began taking Fish oil and Turmeric capsules, there’s a lot to be said about natural therapies.

How is everyone doing? Can’t believe we are down to our last few weeks on this journey! Where has the time gone?

I’ve managed to lose a kilo (2lb) since the start of August, and my charity walking is going fairly well, I’ve walked 75km so far this month and have reached 50% of my fundraising target. I’m back in the 13 stone bracket again thank goodness!

I’ve had to revise my goals though, although I’ve had this recent loss, my net loss since January has only been 2.5kg, or 5.5lb. I’d really love to lose another 4-5kg before my daughters wedding in 8 weeks, then another 4kg between mid October and the end of the year, and I would reach my 2022 goal weight. That’s the plan anyway!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Linda thanks for your information on natural therapies – very helpful 🙂 I’m lucky living here in Australia that Pawpaw ointment is quite cheap, I think o bought my last tube in Aldi for $2 or something 🙂
    I will definitely try the other remedies you mentioned. A few weeks ago my youngest daughter had a nasty cold and chest infection, then 10 days later I started getting a sore throat, headache etc and thought here we go…. But I’d read about Echinacea reducing symptoms and lengths of colds and so tried those tablets for a week. I was only crook for a few days, nowhere near as bad as my daughter. Possibly a coincidence or luck but it may have been the Echinacea tablets too :). I’ve also been able to halve my rheumatoid arthritis medication since I began taking Fish oil and Turmeric capsules, there’s a lot to be said about natural therapies.

How is everyone doing? Can’t believe we are down to our last few weeks on this journey! Where has the time gone?

I’ve managed to lose a kilo (2lb) since the start of August, and my charity walking is going fairly well, I’ve walked 75km so far this month and have reached 50% of my fundraising target. I’m back in the 13 stone bracket again thank goodness!

I’ve had to revise my goals though, although I’ve had this recent loss, my net loss since January has only been 2.5kg, or 5.5lb. I’d really love to lose another 4-5kg before my daughters wedding in 8 weeks, then another 4kg between mid October and the end of the year, and I would reach my 2022 goal weight. That’s the plan anyway!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far 🙂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all!
    SUEBLUE! I’m glad turmeric is helping..I take it with black pepper as it’s supposed to make it more effective. Taking it to try help with inflammation but too soon yet to see results,have only taken it for a few weeks.
    I wish I could take echinacea but it makes me throw up ! I must be allergic I think…
    Keep going SUE your goal is in view,creeping over the hill towards you,keep focused! 🥳 Who was it said keep on keeping off? I love that! X
    DAWN you are in my thoughts x how you all doing, sending you gentle squeezes and hugs if you read this xx
    Can’t respond to other comments as we on new page and I ‘ll lose this if I look back ..but will read after I’ve posted..and hello to CCATHY,DCT,NOKIE,LINDA and all our lovely lovely gang.xxxxxxx
    Wanted to say..
    Beau took a photo of me feeding the ducks today,I’m so glad he did.
    What an incentive to get back properly low carbing..I look a mess!
    Big big bum! Farrrrr too chunky round the middle!
    I look short and fat,no other way to describe it.
    That awful look when a top gets too short coz you’re taking up too much of it widthways? 👺😲😬😬😬😬😬😬😱
    Will keep referring to that photo to encourage me to be better. Too many poor food choices far too often. Too much messing round losing a bit then regaining it. No way can I climb out of the luggage rack yet.
    Always good to have an incentive though,and an unflattering photo is one of the best.
    I read this and I love it..
    LOKAH SAMASTAH SUKHINO BHAVANTU is a Sanskrit phrase that translates to
    “May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way towards that happiness and freedom for all” 💚🌎💚

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone, just checking in. Thinking of you all, especially lovely Dawn and your family.

And Linda, thanks for all the amazing tips!!!!

It’s been a bit quiet on here which I think is partly holiday season but also it seems like many of us are going through life issues – illness / bereavement / family stuff / stress. It is so hard, if not impossible, to focus on strict diet during these times. So I just want to say a massive well done to everyone on this thread. Whether you’ve lost, maintained or just managed to stay with us . . . . . well done you!! 👏

I personally am disappointed with myself on this journey. Had great plans to lose up to a stone and have managed around 3-4lb. Which is not to be sniffed at but I very much feel those old school report comments “could do better” / “must try harder”. And – seeing as I set up th thread – I’m sorry to anyone who has been expecting more motivation to come from me and it hasn’t 😒

I still want to keep on, and to lose more. Like you Yowzer, I look at recent photos of me and cringe. In one way I completely accept myself as I am, bulges and all, but I’m also very aware that I’m carrying more weight than I should be, and it needs to go.

We are nearly at the end of this journey so need to decide if we want to continue? My own thoughts are that we (I?!) need to be more focused so I wondered if we could perhaps hijack Sue’s daughter’s wedding as a motivator? I think that’s in October – and know that some of us have holidays and events in September – so how about a 6-week thread from late August to early October for those who want to do a quick blitz during that time – perhaps with a special event in mind? Let me know what you think?

I’m personally wondering about doing something like 5:2 (4:3?) during the next thread as I just find it daunting to try and stick to this strictly every day, and think that a conscious plan to do it 2-3 days a week might be more achievable than trying to do it 100%, “failing” on Day 1, then giving up for the rest of the week – or is that just me . . . ?

Any thoughts? X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

DCT – I’m definitely up for another journey with everyone as it’s less than 8 weeks to the wedding now (14 Oct). We could do it until then, or otherwise end October/Halloween? And then decorate the bus for a Christmas trip, which will be about the same time again?
    And yes I prefer 5:2 or 4:3, definitely easier to stick to.

YOWZER – thanks for your quote, you always have such beautiful words.
    Reading this latest one though made me realise that is how I try to live my life 🙂

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend, and Dawn thinking of you and your family xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DCT! Please be sure that nobody in the bus gang feels that you’re responsible for motivating us. 💜
    It’s more than enough that you think up the challenges,set them up for us,contribute to the posts and take part in the challenges! I want to give you a thunderous round of applause for all that! 👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Don’t be too disappointed in those results. If you hadn’t been mindful on at least some of the days,you could have easily gained 4 lbs …so in fact today you’re potentially over half a stone less than you might have been
    …between what youve actually lost and what you might have gained.If that makes sense.
    I wd like to do next phase up until 14 Oct for SUES “MOB” day.
    Any ideas what we can call it,anyone….???
    Weight FALLS off,puts a SPRING in our Step ?.
    Weekly Weighs For Wedding Days? …..Hmmm 🤨 🤔they need working on! 😬
    And then next challenge takes us up to Crimbo ( very excited about having a decorated bus,SUE!)
    We mightnt have lost as much as we want – yet – but we sure have a few laughs along the way don’t we!
    DCT…..Deffo getting some fasts in shd really help things along weight wise and healthwise too !🥳 xxx

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi Dct
    I think like the others we need to Thankyou for setting up the posts for us I know I am too lazy to do it otherwise 🤣
    I would love to carry on until October then join everyone on the Xmas 🎄 🚌 bus
    It keep s me going and I know I have fallen off the luggage rack more than once but you are all great friends although we haven’t met it’s a great 👍 little club I would like to try 5.2 did count me in !!!
    Sorry to other people that I haven’t mentioned your names I have a new mobile and I am trying to get used to it just read the posts and lost them 🤣 but lovely 😊 to hear everyone’s news
    I had my talk from doc on Friday and he is pleased with my blood results also my cholesterol had halved 👍 although I haven’t lost what I wanted to as people say life does get in the way and I am looking forward to the next bus trip
    Take care everyone be in touch on the next bus
    Lv nokie 🥰

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hello everyone.Sorry I haven’t posted this last week, there has been quite a lot to do since my Dad passed away as I’m sure you can imagine but I have been trying to read posts and I want to thank you all for your lovely messages.It’s a weird situation, because my Dad left home to go into a nursing home during the first UK lockdown, there were long (sometimes months long) spells when we weren’t able to see him and I feel we have been grieving for the last two and a half years rather than just the last week which, in a way, has changed how we would probably normally be feeling.I certainly feel he is closer to me now than he has been for those years and that brings me comfort.My brilliant sister has dealt with all of the ‘official’ stuff, she is super organised and I think it’s keeping her going having something to concentrate on and we are both looking after my Mum who, although she feels relief for my Dad that he is no longer suffering, is still heartbroken at his passing.They were together for 72 years and there are lovely memories of that time.I think she will start to feel a little more at peace after the funeral which, unfortunately, is still over a week away.I’m sorry I’m not replying to individual posts but they have all brought me comfort, so thank you again ❤️
    As far as our bus journey is concerned, I am nowhere near where I wanted to be by this time but am determined to still keep going, we were at a university open day yesterday for DD and my eating plan went out of the window but I’m back on it today.DCT, like everyone else, I am grateful that you set up these challenges and am definitely in for the next one.Our Florida trip is just over seven weeks away so that can be my incentive for that one.Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiya DAWN! Thanks for posting an update. 72 years is just an amazing incredible amount of time for two people to be together. Were they childhood sweethearts? I feel for yr Mum,what a loss. So glad she has her girls around her.
    I know what you mean about feeling close to yr Dad now,I have always felt same about my parents who have passed over.
    I once met a lady,never seen her before in my life,she came up to me and said,sorry,excuse me..Do you know a George and Lily? …
    My parents’ names! She went on to say,they wanted me to tell you that they’re always watching over you.
    (Sorry if that’s a bit creepy/scary/offensive etc for anyone to read,but it’s true..)
    She said they had asked her to please speak to me,as I was browsing in a shop. We talked for about ten minutes standing in the street.
    She was a complete stranger,we didn’t even know each others names,she didn’t live locally, I wasn’t in my home town when she approached me and asked the question…
    I can’t explain the why and how,but she gave me that message,and it was comforting.
    She went on to tell me she had a gift of clairvoyance and clauraudience.
    Dawn,I hope you don’t mind me telling you that story,but it convinced me that our loved ones are still around and still love us. Also that they are happy..she said my Dad was saying,it’s so wonderful here,everything is possible!
    People might say,she’s a charlatan,a fake,somehow she knows your family..
    but what wd be the point of her making up a story…there was nothing at all in it for her,no financial gain,nothing,she asked for nothing in return,didnt press me to come and see her and pay for a reading.
    But she did tell me more things that were true too,before saying goodbye and going on her way.
    Hope it’s ok to tell that story,please ignore if it doesn’t resonate or feels wrong,and please forgive me if it bothers you in any way.
    Don’t worry too much about low carbing or anything for now,you have a lot to deal with practically and emotionally.
    I’m so glad you have Florida to look forward to! Sending massive hugs to you xxx💐

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi NOKIE glad you’re up for next challenge👍👍👍xx
    LINDA thanks sooo much for all that amazing and interesting info! Are you still away? How fab to see the Northern Lights!
    enjoy xx
    Who else is joining our intrepid band of travellers? Alllllll aboard! xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi Yowzer, that’s a lovely story about the clairvoyant, I don’t find it at all creepy and am very open minded about stuff like that, I definitely don’t think dying is the end of everything.Yes my Mum and Dad were courting from the age of fifteen❤️ Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh that’s good DAWN,I’m relieved!. Me too raised as a Catholic,tho a lapsed one now for many years ..
    I have spiritual beliefs now rather than the Catholic teachings that were drummed into me as a kid ..still love all the Catholic hymns though and often sing them to myself! X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Aah I love all of the Catholic hymns too Yowzer and, though I haven’t gone to church for many years, I have a lingering, though sometimes wavering, faith still.Dawn X

on

Lovely to hear from so many over the weekend, and especial thanks to Dawn for posting. I hope that everything goes smoothly in the run up to the funeral: as you so rightly say, it’s as if you’ve been grieving for over 2 years already, and hopefully that will bring a sense of closure (though not sure that’s the right word, as in many ways it’s the beginning of a new stage). Sending love to you all.

Yowzer, I loved your George and Lily story too, it’s so comforting. I”m from a Protestant background, and spent several years in evangelical churches. I do still have faith, but for various reasons haven’t been involved in a church for a while, though would love to find one that I can go to occasionally. But like you Yowzer, I definitely believe in the spiritual realm and that there is much more out there than we can see or understand.

I’m glad we’re all up for more trips too! And yes, I love the idea of one up to sometime late October – to target the wedding and various holidays – then roll out the all singing all dancing Christmas bus! Let’s decide on a name for the next one this week and I’ll set it up at the weekend? I love your suggestions Yowzer so we could go with one of those. The only other thought I had was something about Wedding Belles, but that doesn’t get the holiday bit in as well. High Days and Holidays maybe . . but that doesn’t mention the wedding. Oh well, we have a few days to come up with something!

Hope this week goes well for everyone, whatever is happening in your lives at the moment. Hope we all manage either a little loss or at least to maintain on this last week of our journey X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

DCT – I love High Days and Holidays 🙂 my daughters wedding is certainly a high day for me, and I’m having a couple of weeks off work then too, so it will be holidays as well 🙂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good morning everyone!
    I think Wedding Belles is clever and I like the sound of High Days and Holidays too DCT XXX
    *.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸.¸¸.✶*¨*.❤.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*¨*.¸.¸¸.✶*¨*.✫*

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    Lovely to read the latest posts and happy to see we are all still up for the next challenge! I’ve been thinking about you Dawn. Hope you and your mum and sister are all coping. Yowser, I loved your George and Lily story. My mum died when I was young and she was only young too.. I would love to have received a message from her. I love it when I occasionally dream about her and I feel she is with me for days afterwards.
    I have let the side down big style. I have sort of lost the plot! I haven’t weighed myself since 8th June. I feel about 10lb heavier and it’s two weeks until I go away to Turkey (Covid permitting) so many people testing positive around me at the moment, my son, my daughter in law, friends. I’ll believe it when I am sitting on the aircraft! My husband still hasn’t had Covid and uses public transport.
    I’ve got two weeks before my holiday to try and get rid of some water weight, maybe lose a couple of pounds and then when I come back I start my new job and I’ll be booking a double seat on the bus! I’ve wasted so much time. I did try to lose weight whilst my husband was away but only managed to lose 4lb. I dread to think what I weigh now but when I get back from my holiday on 12th September I will brave the scales and start again. I need to dig deep
    Thank you Dreamscometrue for setting us up on another thread. I think there are a few of us who I’ll be very glad of a fresh start. I am going to TRY to get myself back in control once again. I feel I am going two steps forward and three backwards – it’s been a difficult few weeks. Onwards and upwards.

on

I’ve had a good day today. Made sensible choices food wise and walked to and from the garage to collect my car following its MOT. I had a strange dream last night that my neighbours garden had changed into a massive koi carp lake. When I went on Google to analyse the koi carp dream it said that it means I am going to have success with a plan! Great news! I am going to get myself back on plan after my holiday. 🐟

on

Morning everyone
    Thinking of anyone who has struggled during the latest leg of our journeys- so many of us are dealing with life events that completely throw us off and hence we haven’t achieved what we hoped with would but as DCT said, well done for still being here. On a personal note I’ve found coming to terms with a recent tragic event very difficult and it has made me think about life and how precious and fragile it is. I braved the scales this morning to see what damage I’ve done to myself over the last couple of months and was surprised to see that I haven’t put on as much as I felt I had. I think those of us who have been following this WOE for so long have staying low carb ingrained in our DNA. I know that I sometimes think I’m being “naughty” but it’s what other people eat every day and they don’t even think about it! Anyway, I’m going to dust myself down after my holiday and am looking forward to getting back to a healthier lifestyle. Life is precious and fragile and we should do what we can to nourish our body and give it all the help we can to stay fit and healthy. The odd little bit of “naughtiness ” is good for the soul.
    SueBlue you’ve got your daughters wedding to look forward to and that will give you so much incentive. How exciting for you and What an inspiration you have been chipping away and never giving up.
    Let’s try our very best on the new thread to make a real difference. Life will always get in the way and throw us a curved ball to deal with but everyone of us has faced these challenges along our journey together and yet we are all still going strong. What an fantastic group of friends we are. Here’s to us as we draw a line under this leg of the journey and get ready for our next ride together.

on

Hi Cathy. Great to hear from you and completely agree with everything you say – especially that we have become a fantastic group of friends; still travelling together despite various setbacks along the way.

I suggest that we maybe now have two consecutive 8-week threads. The first – High Days and Holidays? – to start this weekend up till late October, and the next to run from then up till just before Christmas. I think the crossover weekend will be around the 22nd October but will check.

I like the idea of 8 weeks each,, because as well as breaking up the journey into chunks, it facilitates anyone who is wanting to do the original 8-week BSD/Fast-800 plan. The themes of the two threads also work well as many of us have indeed high days (esp Sue!) and holidays over the next few weeks, and then we can all start to focus on Christmas.

So I will set up the new thread this weekend, but if anyone else wants to do it, or has ideas to add please post before then!

Lots of love to everyone, and see you soon X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello Cathy and DCT😘
    You are both right what a great group of friends we are and I love the fact we all keep each other going!
    Yes life does get in the way sometimes but I feel even though we have all fallen off the bus 🚌 we climbed back on and have never given up
    I am looking forward to the next 2 .8 weeks we. Can do this
    Have a good weekend everyone
    Stay happy 😃 and keep going
    Nokie ❤️

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello all, just a quick check in from me – I’m loving the idea of 2 x 8 week journeys 🙂

Cathy – I was thinking the positive part of not losing weight before your holiday is that you can go away, enjoy eating what you want and then worry about discarding those pounds. Whereas if you’d lost weight already you’d possibly be worried about putting weight back on while on holiday 🙂
    I’d dearly love to lose 5kg in each 8 week journey – that would see me reach my 2022 goal anyway. With the wedding just under 7 weeks away I REALLY have to knuckle down and get serious!

on

Hi Sue. I’m so excited for you, and you ARE going to lose those 5kg each journey. That’s about the amount of weight I want to lose too for our new thread, so let’s urge each other on!

Hello to everyone else too. Just to say I’ve set up our new thread and will be starting tomorrow 😄

Here’s to fun and success!

Please log in or register to post a reply.