The good, the bad and the ugly.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JuisJuis
    on

Good: Hunger has seriously subsided.
    Bad: I am only on Day 3 (first attempt).
    Ugly: Those low-carb waffles with coconut flour in the BSD book’s recipe section. Sweet mother of Mary, they are NASTY. I followed the recipe properly and they looked fab – but tasted like eggy, wooden shoe crud.
    That is all! 😇

• posted by Maid2Measure
    on

How awesome that the hunger has subsided! Mine seems to be a constant battle….

• posted by JuisJuis
    on

Are you particularly active? Or not eating enough protein/fat? I got the old ketostix out tonight and saw I am in ketosis which hugely reduces hunger. I was quite surprised as I have been eating considerable proportion of veg. E.g. today: breakfast 2 poached eggs with handful of spinach and chopped chili plus a Nespresso coffee with a splash of cream. Lunch: salad of spinach, spring onion, walnuts, feta, chicken slice, pepper and chili. Dinner: leek and spinach soup with 2 poached eggs and one or two mouthfuls of those revolting waffles. Plus a couple of mouthfuls of cottage cheese and parmesan rammed in my mouth when I got in from work before making dinner for the kids to prevent getting too hungry whilst faced with temptation. I usually only last 2 weeks before boredom kicks in and the toaster beckons. Anyho, good luck to you!

Please log in or register to post a reply.