Terrible day diet wise

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Today has been just awful. I woke up with a nasty painful coldsore. Really big and swollen. Then i just lost track of time with the kids and didn’t plan. So there’s all my pathetic excuses before i ate terribly
    Breakfast – full fat greek yoghurt. Almonds. Chai seeds.

Lunch- tuna . Lettuce . Olives in oil drained. 3cherry tomatoes.

Then….
    Cheese. Cashews. 2 squares of dark chocolate. 4 cups of tea at least . More cheese.

Now i feel awful and fat and ridiculous. Its not even been a bloody week on the diet.

My main issue i have now identified is i have to plan and plan and plan . And meal prep. Big time.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Write off a bad day, Happy. You’ve learned something important, and you understand the way forward. Please don’t
    feel “ridiculous”. There is absolutely no one who doesn’t have to scale the steep learning curve. It’s progress, not
    perfection! Just keep moving forward, and you will achieve all that you hope and dream. Best, best, best to you,

Allie

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Thank you allie for you kind and gentle words. I’m so happy that’s ‘all’ it was and i didn’t hit crisps or cadbury chocolate. Or bread even!!

I’m due to get weighed tommorow and i will, i just know i can’t let myself get silly over this. It was one blip and not one month of blips.
    Much love x

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

I don’t think there will be a single one of us on here who hasn’t had at least one bad day. I’ve had a few! And going by what you’ve eaten it’s not that bad. Could have been much worse. Don’t be hard on yourself. Tomorrow is another day…..and the start of another week

• posted by Pancita
    on

HappyHel,
    That’s really not a bad day!
    The foods you had are mostly on the plan and so you shouldn’t worry too much.

(Pancakes for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings with my tea, now *that’s* a bad day!)

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Scottishgal and Patricia thank you. I still class it as a binge as it was uncontrolled, unplanned and not within my 800 cal or 30g carb limit. ..

i know it could have been worse, like the large fish and chips i had the night before i started the 800. … 😂😂 although I’m being honest and Yorkshire puds with roasties sounds almost better!!

I am so annoyed as i haven’t even been on the plan a week.

So tomorrow its onwards and upwards! I’m not giving up or being demotivated. Just rearmouring 😂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Yes Happy, armour up 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Aw don’t beat yourself up, be kind to you, we’re all human and there you are looking after little ones – I don’t think you should underestimate what you’re achieving every day doing that xx

So you ate some stuff you’d rather you didn’t – it’s absolutely not the end of the world. Take it easy and give yourself permission to just do the best you can, that’s all any of us can. Just keep going.

Good luck xx

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Thank you onmyway.
    My vow to myself is to treat myself like i hope i treat my children- with love and kindness when they make a mistake.
    Instead of beating myself up and making myself feel bad. … that would stop the guilt and the cycle of stop start with dieting
    Xx

• posted by Onmyway
    on

That’s a lovely outlook xx
    I think it’s easier said than done. So more power to you 😘

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I just think you are all awesome and we all have our challenges and life is never easy, but if we help,reassure and are there for each other we will find a way through any challenges we may meet. Somewhere along the way human beings forgot that 1 we are social creatures, 2 we all have one job, to survive and make this world a better place and 3 a little kindness goes a long way. 💞🦜

• posted by Katniss
    on

I’ve been following the fast 800 for two weeks today, yesterday was my first stumble too. I completely appreciate how you feel. I went wayward from mid afternoon with a quarter of an Easter egg that my husband was eating and then we had an Indian last night for a family birthday, I ordered chicken tikka main to have with salad and cauliflower rice but they sent shashlick instead and it was pretty oily. Lovely, but definitely off plan. Then I had some low cal ice cream that was in the freezer too…🤦‍♀️

I’ve decided not to weigh myself this morning and just to plan what I’m eating today. Will weigh tomorrow instead. I was on an 11lb discard and I don’t want to get down if I’ve put on.

I think it’s inevitable in this day and age that temptation might get the better of us at times, it’s how we bounce back from that that counts. Good luck with a better day today 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.