Suddenly hungry??

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lauryloo
    on

Hi guys I’ve been doing the fast 800 diet religiously for about 3 and a half weeks and lost 16lbs!!!
    Weight loss has slowed right down now (as expected) but today all of a sudden I’ve been feeling soooo hungry!!! I’ve just eaten dinner and feel like I could eat the whole thing again! I’ve drank loads of water today too so I don’t know really what’s going on!! I’ve been ok doing this diet until today, I’d have thought I would have been hungrier at the start, not now! Any ideas???
    Gonna go drink some tea now to try and curb my suddenly monstrous appetite 😂

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

I’m the opposite. Restarted the Fast 800, just completed the third day and the hunger is pretty frequent. Really hoping it decreases tomorrow or at least by the end of the week. Maybe you are not consuming enough fats? Stuff like full fat cheese and milk, olive oil, eggs, oily fish, nuts etc are all good at filling you up 🙂

• posted by Natalie
    on

I sometimes have “hungry days” that don’t seem to be related to anything in particular. Personally, I just eat more on those days but I don’t necessarily recommend that. Depends how strict you want to be. Either way, the unusual hunger should be temporary.

• posted by MelBelle
    on

I found after the first 3-4 weeks, my metabolism started to really slow down. My resting heart rate was significantly slower, and my hands and feet felt cold. If this is you, you might benefit from a few days of mixing it up with non fast days, to trick your metabolism out of thinking it needs to conserve energy. (I know this isn’t what the Fast 800 book says, but if you have other symptoms that your metabolism is slowing down… Don’t just fast and fast and fast. Feast and fast.)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Suggest checking that you are including enough good fats in your menu, as these help with feeling sated and staying that way for longer. Allow yourself a small low carb high fat snack if you need it – nuts, a small cube of cheese or small portion of full fat yogurt maybe. There will be days when you go over on the calories, but as we are in this for the long haul, it will all balance out in the end.

• posted by MelBelle
    on

I totally agree about having enough healthy fats. Fat is needed to trigger satiety. Don’t try and make this a low-fat diet! That’s why low-fat diets really don’t work.

• posted by Lauryloo
    on

Thank you all!

• posted by Mphil
    on

Has anybody tried any fiber suppliments to keep full and accelerate weight loss

Please log in or register to post a reply.