Sudden weight gain puzzle.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by feltwicked
    on

Hi all,

My partner, Saga, and I had our usual Thursday weigh in tonight and have both gained weight rather than lost it!

This is the end of week 4 for us. I’ve dropped from 98.4kg to 94kg until today when the scales showed 95.1kg. Saga’s weight rose 0.3 kg (I’m not allowed to disclose her beginning and current weight on pain of pain) but mine is a whopping 1.1kg increase.

Now, full disclosure of some pertinent facts. We had both eaten an IKEA meal of 15 chicken meatballs, substituting peas for the chips/mash offered, with the creamy gravy. We realised that we haven’t yet “eliminated” this meal from our innards yet but it is worrying.

Anyone else experienced this?

We’re weighing ourselves again in the morning after normal ablutions and plenty of water over-night.

We also think we have been neglecting to imbibe sufficient water.

Give us a yell,

FeltWicked (& Saga, reading the thread)

• posted by Stephie63
    on

In all likelihood it’s water retention from the highly processed food. The meatballs in particular will have quite high levels of salt, along with other undersirable ingredients, as will the gravy. It’s ok to have this kind of meal very occasionally, but be aware this is the kind of ‘side effects’ to expect when you do. A few days of jerf ( just eating real food) should correct everything.

• posted by feltwicked
    on

Thanks Stephie, that makes sense. I’d not considered the salt factor.

Looking forward to further weight loss.

FeltWicked.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi feltwicked
    If you hadn’t digested the meal, maybe think about the time of day that you weigh yourself. Many things that I’ve read suggest that you weigh first thing in the morning – before breakfast.
    I guess that it’s the best way of ensuring not only a consistent time, but a time of day when your digestive system is likely to be in a comparable state each time too.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi, I had a few days away recently and after only a couple of pints over 3 days and a couple of pub meals I was reversing progress rapidly. Being lightest on waking I was horrified to find such a change after what I considered to be a minor departure. Fortunately, it is soon put right. I am nearly 20% down now on February’s body mass and am on a variable approximately 5:2 maintenance diet.

• posted by feltwicked
    on

Ah, if only that was possible. As a shift worker I have rotating hours and no defined breakfast time. However, we do set an approximate same time every Thursday before the evening meal.

FeltWicked

• posted by Frog
    on

oh dear, the shifts must complicate things!

I lost loads the first two days, then have been sea-sawing around the same weight for the last five or six, which has been incredibly frustrating.
    I’m trying not to think “sod it , it;s not working, chocolate must be the answer” – the weights been there for so long, its just my body taking a while adjusting to the new normal!

Please log in or register to post a reply.