“Success in March without the Starch” 4 week challenge ending 20 March

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by marie123
    on

Mariet and Flick – massive congratulations to you both on arriving at this point. You must be thrilled. For me, both your journey’s have been so impressive. I also hope you’ll continuing posting. I’m looking forward to learning lots from your maintenance experiences. Go well.
    Heidio79 and Bigmama – great losses in week one – what a great start!
    Gattina – that’s a great loss, too. Btw, I’ve done that whole chocolate thing, and it ended up as a useful lesson, so good on you for deciding to use it as a future deterrent.
    Marsie – glad to hear you’ve got you’re resolve back. Me, too. I’ve lost 1lb this week – so 3lbs (1.3 kgs) lost so far on this challenge. At this late stage in my weight loss, I’m happy with that. More importantly I feel back ‘on it’ this challenge.
    Hope everyone does well with their weigh-ins. Will be back later to read all about them.

• posted by Milalin
    on

Hello to everyone but especially to Mariet and Flick huge congratulations to both of you!

• posted by Milalin
    on

Love this Marsie. True wins!

• posted by marie123
    on

Milalin – it’s lovely to hear from you. How are you going?

• posted by Busybee
    on

Great motivation here from those who have achieved their long term goals or have made headway this past week and a big “well done” to those of us who were struggling but have climbed back on the wagon.
    I am in the latter group and am delighted to report a 6lb loss (mind you, I have lost the same lbs many times before),
    Looking back at my records, I see I have been losing and gaining the same stone for a year which is ridiculous, but at least I have become a star at maintaining!
    Back to it MOODAAT.
    X B

• posted by Milalin
    on

Hi Marie I’m improving, have to tell myself that! I’m in my 6 th week in hospital so not happy. I’m really hoping this will be the last week. I haven’t been able to keep up with everyone here but I’ve been reading tonight trying to. A nurse gave me an incorrect weight which I didn’t really believe but I’ve been so sick … anyway the positive is I am now in double digits sitting at 97.0-97.4 all week. So I’m taking 97.2 for yesterday! I’m looking forward to getting back into the BSD soon. Lovely to hear from you and wishing you every success x❤️

• posted by marie123
    on

Milalin – 97.2 is great but our care and concern is with you rather than your weight. I was thinking about you just yesterday. I’m sorry to hear you’ve still been so sick. I do hope this is your last week in hospital and you’re feeling better soon. Keep reading and we’ll keep thinking about you.
    Take care
    Marie xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi fellow challengers. Lovely to have such an active group. Many many congratulations to Mariet and Flick for reaching or surpassing your goals. It is really moving to share in your success – please do keep posting. It is also great to see some of the starters already booking great losses. And those of us in between, who also keep plugging on! These challenges are so helpful in bringing together the experienced, the starters and in-betweeners and thank you again for all the helpful supportive comments that are posted.

Start of this challenge: 76.5
    Week 1: 76.0
    Week 2: 75.2

It doesn’t look much but I am really pleased! Now nearly 4 kilos into my healthy BMI range. Total loss since mid-October, 15.3 kilos (2 stone 6lbs). I have, effectively, reached my goal of a healthy BMI with wriggle room, but I am sticking with this challenge to see where I end up! Best wishes to all of us for the next week.

• posted by treelady
    on

Morning All,
    well, my yo-yo-ing lb from last week has finally bounced off and gone – so I can report a 1lb loss from last week, but another half inch gone from my hips – I can definitely feel my trousers are now to big and baggy around my thighs and behind, so will be digging out some old pairs of the next size down at the weekend to see if I can wriggle in to them now.

Quite happy with a slow and steady loss – after all, the extra weight didn’t just appear overnight, so much as I want it to, it won’t magically disappear overnight either. A few remnants of snow drifts left here, but the milder weather means at least I can get out and start my walking around the block routine again.

For the next 2 weeks I’ll be seeing if I can / want to cut my carb consumption some more, as I am around the 50g a day mark and really respect those who can get down to 20g a day and stick with it.

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Hey all – lots of success stories again. Well done to the newbies who are really starting to see results and special congrats to Mariet and Flick for reaching their targets. Truly fantastic and as many of us have said – an inspiration for us to follow and draw from.

Last week (as I posted earlier) I was not an inspiration. An attempt to keep BSD-friendly whilst being unable to calorie count or carb count went awry and I took it as a licence to have a blow out on Sunday. When I was finally able to weigh myself on Monday I discovered that I had put on 6lbs since Wednesday. Deeply disappointed with myself but I will use it as a spur to put myself back on track even though I won’t make target this month now, I can strive to get as close to it as possible.

I fasted for much on Monday but not for as long as I wanted to and then ate a large meal in the evening but within calories and carbs. Amazingly it’s had a small effect on the weight gain so I will try to do similar today.

So for me…
    Challenge Starting weight = 211.8lb
    End of Wk 1 = 209.6lb (-2.2lbs)
    End of Wk 2 = 211.2lb (+1.6lbs)
    Challenge target = 12lbs (a further 11.2lbs – I’m almost back to where I was at the beginning of the challenge)

Well I’ll try to lose 3.5lbs this week through diet and walking.

• posted by Marsie
    on

caronl, congratulations on reaching that milestone, so well done😊👏👏 glad you’re staying with us for the next couple of weeks anyway👍

Milalin, so glad to see you again, even though so in hospital. I echo Marie’s thoughts for you. Do hope you are home soon. Look after yourself.

Shanshu, it happens, we wish it wouldn’t but…. meanwhile, I like your current resolve.

Good luck for the next size down clothes, treelady, it’s a lovely feeling when it happens.

A nice day today, gym this morning, movie session with OH this afternoon, good focus on BSD foods …. what’s not to like?
    MFODAAT xx

• posted by Oh2bthin
    on

Congratulations to Flick & Mariet on both your achievements and good luck entering maintenance.

Well done to everyone else who lost this week on the scales and off.

Wk 1 -8lbs
    Wk2 -2lbs
    Wk3 – hello

Have a good week everyone.

• posted by Heidio79
    on

Congrats everyone on your losses.
    Week 1 – 6.6 lbs
    Week 2 – Start

Anyway here that’s been doing this for a while that has a graph of your weight loss progress so far?

xx

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Had my diabetic foot check along with blood pressure check etc. Everything looking good. Got my forms to do my bloods which I may wait a couple of weeks before booking in – want to make sure the bloods are as good as they can be.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done everyone, even if you haven’t lost (like me!), you’re still here and working towards your goals, which is the main thing 🙂
    I had a big loss in week 1 (1.6kg) and week 2 has seen 1/2 of it (800g) go back on.
    I’m not too worried by this, as this is my usual pattern – big loss, gain then smaller losses until the next big whoosh.
    I’ve had an active week with lots of walking and a Pilates class, there were a few days where I went over 1,000 calories so I need to focus on calories and carbs this week.
    So it’s onwards and downwards for me, still 2.3kg to lose for this challenge round – I’m not even thinking about the other 16-18kg that still need to go after that! One goal at a time…

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Morning all. Cautious skip in my step today as scales suggest I have already lost everything I put on last week. Yesterday I’d lost a lb or so but today the scales are down an extra 4.4lb. Hopefully that’s not an illusion as it means that I have a chance (a slim one admittedly) of meeting my challenge goal if I lose an extra 8lbs.

Ok that’s pretty unlikely but it hopefully means there will be significant loss this challenge 🙂

• posted by Gattina
    on

A big well done to all losers and hang in there for those who haven’t. This takes time so one small gain will not derail the whole thing.
    Shansu – Good news on the diabetic checks – the bloods will be interesting; they’ll tell you how much of an affect this woe has had. My annual check-up is due in April and I really want to see a drop in my hba1c. Good to hear you’re back on track for the challenge 🙂

I had another binge last night – this is turning into a habit I have got to break! I only meant to have a small bit of almond butter on a ryvita and ended up eating the whole jar. 1lb up on the scales this morning and very high blood glucose – not good. So I skipped breakfast this morning and very low carb meals planned. I have another 7lbs to lose in the next 2 weeks – a stone in 4 weeks may have been a bit ambitious, but if I stay focused it can be done.
    STAY FOCUSSED – NO MORE BINGES!
    The chocolate and the almond butter is now gone – all that’s left to binge on is nuts and celery! At least they’re bsd foods…

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Gattina – I feel your pain on the binging. I’ve been doing the same with cheese. And I can’t simply get rid of it because my OH loves the stuff. If only I could learn moderation.

I’m really hopeful that my bloods will be ok. When I did my bloods after doing BSD for 10 weeks last year I completely changed the numbers – not just a little but a lot. I’m hoping this time will be the same and that I haven’t done too much damage in the last six months of 2017 when I wasn’t as good.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi SueBlue,
    I am in the same category as you, my scales keep reporting a yo-yo effect. Tuesday morning I thought I had had a super whoosh moment when they read 8kg loss, but it was just a stray 5pence piece which had sneaked under them to generate a false positive result. :-}

My result is only 0.7kg loss this week, which takes me within 0.4kg of a total loss of 30kg, and 6.4kg from my initial target weight. However, I guess that my target weight will have to increase by at least another 10kg. My spare tyre is still refusing to budge so I am still 3 dress sizes away from my target.

• posted by alliecat
    on

For those of you struggling with binges, may I suggest identifying your trigger foods, and then keeping
    them out of house? When I began this program 20 months ago, I started also having my groceries
    delivered once a week. As a consequence, I had to develop a planning menu for the week and couldn’t
    give in to any excesses because I’d then run out of food by the end of the week! The whole exercise
    was a net gain in terms of free time…The time it took to plan was inconsequential compared to time
    spent provisioning 🙂 Many of us have little concept of moderation, and in my case that didn’t just
    apply to cheese, bread and wine, but in ALL areas of life. Knowing that this was “my truth”, and having
    the genuine humility to accept it, made my consistent losses much easier to obtain. In a sense, I had
    made this trait actually work to my advantage…Cheese is kryptonite to me, and particularly dense in
    calories besides. I haven’t had any for 20 months, and I still wouldn’t trust it to not sing to me from
    the depths of the refrigerator! For an o/h that loves cheese, why not ask him to eat it somewhere
    other than in your presence??
    Best of luck to all of you! There are tips and tricks and strategies in abundance, as well a community
    of successful maintainers happy to share our experiences with you. Just shout out when you are
    struggling, and one of us is always around to offer advice and support.

Allie

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi JGwen – your stray 5p made me laugh 🙂 You are so close to target now – well done.
    Alliecat – very good advice as usual – thank you.

It is hard for me to identify my trigger foods – there seem to be so many. Cheese, chocolate, crisps, biscuits, cake, pasta, ice-cream… just a few. I feel as though I have come a long way in 9 weeks – but I do have to make sure I don’t fall back into bad habits. On both occasions I wasn’t craving a particular food – I just ate what was available. I wonder if there is more to the binge than just craving a food… I will have to think about that a bit more…

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, Gattina. I completely agree that our own psychopathology does have a role to play in our
    food choices 🙂 I’m somewhat introspective too, and one of the very interesting questions posed by a
    poster who’s username I’m shamed to admit that I don’t remember, was the following, and I’m paraphrasing
    here: “Is it fear of failure that’s the challenge, or fear of success?” Hmmmm

I’ve fallen in love with this inspirational post recently shared by SunnyB:

“Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past…
    or a pioneer of the future?”

Thank you, SunnyB!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi JGwen. A quick question – precisely where was the 5p coin? It sounds a promising technique that I could emulate with a euro coin! So sorry to hear about the flood. I hope you have flagstones rather than carpets, and best wishes for a smooth clean-up.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Allie – that quote is going on my fridge! Thank you and SunnyB 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

I completely agree, Gattina! It belongs in every BSD kitchen, and should be the price of admission to these
    forums:) Sunny has given me permission to spread it far and wide, so I’ll carry on doing just that. I’m
    glad that it also resonated with you…..

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Caronl,
    The 5p must have fallen out of my pocket last night and then got caught up under the bathroom scales when I pulled them out in the morning. I guess coin size will need to be linked to the shape of the bathroom scales, tall enough to make the pressure on the scales produce a different reading but not so tall that the scales rock enough to give the game away to any observers.
    ——– My place is an old welsh farmhouse, so thankfully all of the rooms which flooded are slate tiles laid directly on bare earth. Water had been gushing out of the pipe for about half an hour before I found it at a rate which would have filled a mop bucket in less than a minute, but I only had a few buckets of water to throw out the door, the rest must have drained down through the slate tiles. It did finally give me an nudge to muck out the downstairs toilet. —– One of the benefits of single life, no boyfriends having hissy fits at finding the horses tail bandages soaking in the washbasin, or finding the downstairs toilet turned into a pen for a young goat that has be to bottle fed through the night 🙂

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Gattina,

I don’t seem to have trigger foods, (well except if instead of serving up a single portion and putting the rest of the packet back I end up with the packet sat beside me on the settee). If stress gets to me then its a trigger for comfort food. Its not very often, because it takes a lot to get me to that point, but when life just gets too much I want to curl up in a rocking chair, under a thick blanket and nibble on comfort food while watching a tv program or reading a book that puts me in someone else’s world and gives me a few hours off from being in my world.

Last Sunday evening on top of a day of dealing with storm damage I had a friend confide in me about problems that I can’t help her fix. Because I didn’t have any comfort food in the house I found myself pacing the floor for hours not knowing what to do with myself and it took me a couple of days to get back to feeling comfortable. – I think this might be an Asperger’s syndrome thing, I know the rocking chair, and the importance of the right fabric against my skin bit is, so I think the need for the right texture and taste of the nibbles to fully engage the taste sense when I need space from the world is an Aspie thing as well.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi JGwen I’m sorry I missed your post about the flood. That sounds awful. I’m not surprised you needed comfort after that.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi Allie, it was very likely one of my posts you read the “fear of success”. I don’t know that it is a known psychological theory, I haven’t researched that, it is just something I’ve felt intrinsically and I’d be interested if others felt that about themselves too. I think it’s tied up with not knowing how I’ll maintain if I reach goal. Plenty of years of self fulfilling prophecy here.
    Good scales result this morning, back under the 60kg.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Marsie, I’m delighted that you’ve revealed yourself as the author of these interesting comments! It was
    really bothering me that I couldn’t recall who it was that had presented these ideas for our consideration.
    As a purely intellectual exercise, I found it worthy of a great deal of thought, and I returned to it time and
    time again. I did feel that it provided much potential for self analysis, and have always hoped that it might
    resonate with other members of our community too 🙂 Now I have a proper opportunity to thank you for
    your thoughts. Much appreciated, Marsie! I’ve ruled myself out of falling victim to this thinking, but I
    think it gives us all better insight into how to support others who might be struggling with a similar fear.

Allie

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Yesterday I was good – 850 calories, 19g carbs, 2+ litres of water and over 12,000 steps.

Today my body rewarded me by putting on 3.2lbs overnight. Just f%^¥ off scales alright? You’re ruining my mood.

So… not sure what that was about. Maybe cos I ate later than normal? Not sure. Anyway I’ll KOKO and Hope tomorrow the scales swing wildly in the opposite direction!

• posted by Inka13
    on

Shanshu,
    So frustrating when that happens but all I can offer is one tiny phrase which as sustained me lo, these many months when I keep recycling the same kilos – weight loss is not linear!!
    So what you are seeing may be the payment from days ago. The good stuff is in its way!
    I post infrequently because I am a lapser of the highest order and feel ashamed of this but if it makes sense I am a committed bsder 99 % of the time but my salvation in the scales departments has been fasting. Not only does it do good stuff internally but for me it reset my appetite, triggers, everything.
    So there are my two puny pieces of advice/ support for what they’re worth.
    I fight and struggle every day to be bsd compliant, sometimes it’s a struggle but mostly it’s a joy. Hope it’s ok that I post not being 100% successful, am always trying though.

• posted by Marsie
    on

“Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past…
    or a pioneer of the future?”

I hadn’t seen this, so thank you, SunnyB, and thanks, Allie, for re-posting. I love it.

Shanshu, it is painful when you can’t account for the upward numbers but Inka13 maybe right, I think, when she said it could be a reaction from days previously. We all look for immediate results – eat like this today, see the results tomorrow. And its great when it seems to work, but how do we know it’s not the result of the good work of a few days ago? And what you did yesterday and today will impact in the future. Oh, heck, I don’t know ….. ignore it, I’m just surmising. I think you are doing very well in refocusing anyway.

And Inka, it’s always OK to post, even when we’re off track. It very often helps us to get back on track, so post away when you feel like it.
    MFODAAT xx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Shanshu- I know only too well how the scales can set the mood for the day. The science of weight loss has always been a mystery to me. It is so upsetting when you jump on expecting a loss and then the scales go up! I have tried weighing once a week, weighing daily etc etc. My advice would be to believe in this way of eating. It does work and it can be slow for some of us. I got to my goal in November after doing the BSD continuously from January 2017. It was a slow weigh loss but worth it and I know that some of the people who started in January with me last year are still working hard to achieve their goal and are posting on this thread. My weight has slowly increased and now I am 2lb above my goal weight and joined in this thread to try once again to get back to my target. This week despite three 18:6 hour fasts and sticking to BSD I lost 0.2 lb, like you I was gutted. If we don’t keep on keeping on then we will be back to square one. I reckon after all those steps and being so committed yesterday you will see a weigh loss in the next day or so. Keep us posted and don’t let the scales spoil your day. You might find that your clothes feel a little more comfortable. The scales don’t always give up the full picture.

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Thank you Inka23 – you’re right I haven’t been consistent of late and am probably paying for that now. I’ll keep going – I know in the long run I’ll see results x

• posted by treelady
    on

Hi JGwen,
    reading your post about the downstairs loo becoming a pen for a young goat took me right back to my childhood growing up on a small holding. We had an Aga, and at lambing time when a new born lamb was wet through and cold and not responding well, Dad used to wrap it in a thick towel and put it into the bottom oven of the Aga (which had a very, very low heat I hasten to add for those who have never had an Aga or Rayburn). You would forget it was there until suddenly little bleating noises could be heard – we saved many lambs this way and then returned them to their mothers care. Life is never boring when you have livestock to look after.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Happy international women’s day to all the women out there and to all the men who support them 🙂
    Marsie & Allie – Fear of success is something I’ve come across before – it’s known as the Jonah Complex. Maslow was a psychologist who talked about self-actualisation. Human beings should strive towards self-improvement and being the best they possible can. However, the Jonah complex says that some people are afraid of doing that and will not achieve self-actualisation because of a fear of success.
    Fear of success is also linked very much to a fear of failure – if you do not try to succeed then you will not fail. There are also many papers around how women are more likely to be afraid of success; it’s linked to a loss of femininity, guilt over being assertive, social and emotional exclusion. As you strive to succeed at something then you as a person will change and therefore your relationships will change – as the change is somewhere in the future we don’t know what that will be, we are moving outside of our comfort zone, something which is familiar and comfortable into the unknown. And the unknown can be very scary.

Psychology in a nutshell – I’m no expert but you will probably gather that I’ve been doing a bit of navel gazing. We were talking about Maslow in my evening class last night. Fascinating stuff.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi Shansu – I love your positivity. Sounds like Inka has the right idea – weight loss is not linear. I bet you’ll have a good loss next week.

• posted by Daisy Daisy
    on

Gattina…thanks for posting about the Jonah complex which I hadn’t heard of. Very interesting. While I can’t relate to the not doing something for fear of failing I understand the fear of change. my life has changed quite a lot during this journey. Prior to this our social life revolved mostly round food and drink, eating out, eating at friends’ etc. Now we’re enthusiastic hikers and fresh air addicts and I’m in bed early because I’m physically tired! This from the person who, 15 months ago hated climbing up stairs! 15 months ago enjoying hiking wouldn’t have seemed a plus…I liked my life back then and couldn’t have understood why this would be better…

My apologies for hijacking the thread!

• posted by marie123
    on

Daisy Daisy – no apologies needed.
    It’s interesting because you’re pretty much echoing what’s happened to me. Our social life always revolved around food. Now much less so. Also, my husband has always been a walker. Genuinely, I’d never really seen the point. Now, I completely enjoy it. Like you say, I hated climbing stairs or walking anywhere – mostly because I couldn’t easily – now I enjoy the physicality of it so much. The feeling of being able to use my body so easily is a real joy to me.
    You’ve summed up one of the changes you can experience beautifully.

• posted by Nicola12
    on

I fell off the wagon! 🙁

Not an excuse, but I had a 1000 mile round trip for a job interview, for a job I really really wanted. Lack of planning + stress +comforting eating meant I had a couple of sandwiches and then chips with dinner. Haven’t weighed myself since, but ketostix suggest I have (quite rightly!) been kicked out of ketosis.

I found out last night that I got the job, so will be relocating to Scotland in 3 months! Treated myself to a muffin this morning to celebrate but decided it wasn’t worth it so I gave it to a colleague – my willpower is back!) so I’m back on it today!

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Happy International Womens Day peoples.

Can I just add my threepenneth? We don’t gain weight every day we eat….so why do we expect to lose it every day that we count? I regularly plateau for weeks on end, then suddently begin to lose again…only to plateau again! I started this way of life in October 2016 and have lost around 5 stone (70 pounds) 31.75 kg. I still have 5 stone to go! I am on this eating plan for life. When I reach my target (which is a modest 10 stone or 140 pounds), I will be very careful and continue to count everything. It is just something that has to be done. I hope this has helped?

Inka13, good to see you my friend. I hope you are well.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi TreeLady,
    I was going to get in contact, over the next couple of days I am heading down the A40 in your direction to have a look at a couple of cars. Fancy meeting up somewhere?

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi tree lady and JGwen, the lamb-in -the-Aga story takes me back forty years to my first house after we were married, we moved in and a pregnant cat adopted us the first day. She had her only kitten on the rug in the living room and then she abandoned it (I think she was afraid) and when we found the kitten it was cold so we wrapped it up in a dish towel and we put it in the oven (just barely warmed and turned off!!) and it survived! Sweet little tortoise-shell Chesapeake, she lived for 23 years!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Shanshu and ClarinetCathy, the other week I had a day where I was really thirsty so had a number of mugs of coffee as well as 2 litres of soda water, but wasn’t hungry, so only had a couple of scrambled eggs that day. The following morning my scales nearly went out the bathroom window as they read a 0.7kg gain on the previous morning.
    Thinking about it – our body doesn’t empty each individual fat cell in turn, it will burn some fat out of a number of cells. And if the science is that as the body empties the fat out of a cell it replaces the fat with water until all the fat is used out of a cell, when it empties the water out and the cell collapses, then it makes sense that weight loss will be in steps rather than a linear daily loss. – Presumably the size of the area of fat cells the body is burning fat from will control the time between whoosh moments.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Daisy Daisy, marie123, good posts. I enjoyed reading about your positive changes along the BSD way.
    Gattina, thank you. My psych studies are way in the past and I hadn’t come across the Jonah Complex. How interesting! It’s good to know my instincts had not been too far off the mark. I’ll do some reading.
    Nicola12, congratulations on getting the job👏🎉 and for getting back to BSD so quickly.
    How pleased I imagine you’re feeling.
    Good sense spoken there, Nonna Mary. We can sometimes be a little unrealistic in our expectations.
    And more good sense from JGwen. I just have this little visual going on in my head of all those fat cells soaking up all the water and the fat trying to hold on to its place.😥 Given the amount of water that goes into me and then out again fairly quickly (sorry, tmi) it would seem that the fat in my fat cells is winning that battle…..hmm, I prefer your science to my hallucinations, JGwen😊
    Just home from dinner with #1son and OH, very enjoyable, grilled chicken salad, soda water & white tea. Great company. Now for bed.
    ‘night all. MFODAAT xx

• posted by Marsie
    on

Morning all, no it’s not, it’s got away from me… It’s now lunch time😐
    Good result on the scales this morning, a new low: 59.1kg. Out for dinner last night, very restrained, and again tonight. Italian restaurant tonight. I usually have a vegetable dish without the pasta, maybe add some Italian sausage or the like.

Have a good Friday, everyone. MFODAAT. xx

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning all,

Been away so not logged on here for a little while, how wonderful to read about Mariet and Flick – CONGRATULATIONS

Today I am at a new low – 121.7lb,
    To goal 2.7lb

I am basically happy with where I am at which is why the final 5lb have been so slow to come off but my goal is very much the number I never thought I would ever see again and a nice round number of 8.5 stone so going to KOKO for this last little bit.

X

• posted by blessedenough
    on

Hi, I am back! Spent the last couple of days with a d&v bug, felt awful and worse bit not lost a lb😂. Not sure why not eaten a thing and barely drank anything either. Predictably this week has been my massive work project that I have been working on for 4 months. I just had to power through it, never been so glad to feel better. Will catch up on the thread now, cant believe the end is in sight!

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Mokovex
    I was hoping to catch up with you at some point.
    Firstly, 2.7lb to goal – that is so close – it’s fantastic especially as it’s been so arduous for you losing these last pounds.
    But secondly, I wanted to ask you something. I never did get round to sharing my stats with you after my Exercise on Referral programme review – mainly because I was trying to get some extra stats from a body scan machine at the gym (it’s called InBody Data Management System) but for various reasons (they’ve been too busy, burst pipes in gym etc) I haven’t been able to get one done yet.
    The stat I really wanted to share was the body fat %. Do you remember we were discussing it with JackieM. When I first got it measured on 27th October it was 46.3%. I got a second scan after 6 weeks (half-way) on 11th December and it was 42.7%. My final review was on 8th Feb and my body fat % was 38.9% (this was taken by the trainer using a hand-held machine). At this point my weight was 9st 11lb – right at the top of my healthy weight range. (I’m 5’ 2” btw).
    I think you said your bf % was around 40% when you were just over the top of your healthy weight range, so it sounds similar I think. (This is from memory so forgive me if I’m wrong).

I wondered what body fat % you’re hoping to get to when you reach goal and when you have the tests done in April? I’m 9st 8lb now and I’m trying to decide where I need to get to, and like you it’s as much to do with body fat % (and visceral fat) as it is with what it says on the scales.
    I’d be interested to know what your thoughts are.
    Marie

Please log in or register to post a reply.