Struggling with low carb on a vegan/vegetarian diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by peonypetal
    on

Hi,

I have been following this diet for a week now and lost a couple kg’s (yay!) however I am struggling to find recipes for myself that are high in protein, low in carbohydrates and also not loaded with soy while avoiding animal products. I’m not strictly vegan as I am eating eggs and a little cheese but I am trying to cut these out. However alternatives like legumes aren’t low carb and products like tofu/quorn and so on are high in soy which isn’t good to eat regularly. I struggle as it is to eat high in protein and used to rely on legumes so this is making it much harder. I know we can eat legumes but to get my protein quota I would need to eat them daily which seems fairly high carb…? Good carbs sure, but still carbs. I’ve tried google etc but it’s pretty lacking, most vegan recipes are high in carbs (excl wheat) or soy and all vegetarian recipes include eggs.

Does anyone have this same diet plan or have any suggestions?

Thank you!

• posted by AnnieW
    on

There people on here who are vegan/vegetarian. If you use the search box at the top right of the page you will bring up some older posts and food ideas. There may be some ideas for you in the recent recipes on the right. I’m sure someone will also post some useful ideas for you. Although unless you have a reason to eat high protein, you could reduce your intake a bit and increase the good fats. BSD is low carb, moderate protein, high good fat. (Too much protein turns to glucose in the body i.e. acts like carbs.
    Best wishes for your continued downwards journey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.