Struggling to eat

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Morning Everyone,
    Baristagirls mum speaking, has this diet worked so well for anyone that they are struggling to eat the allotted 800 cals??!! Last night was desperately trying to eat nuts to boost my calories, tasted like sawdust in my mouth and went round and round. Found that I do need to have my 800 to lose weight.
    Just not hungry anymore, feeling absolutely great. For the first time ever, food doesn’t control my life. My 8 weeks will be up this coming Monday, but will carry on as I still have a lot more to lose.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Morning
    I’ve had this once or twice and I don’t worry about it at it isn’t a regular thing.
    If it becomes so, you may go into starvation mode and the weight loss will falter.
    If you truly can’t force yourself to eat more, try adding extra fat in the form of olive oil or butter to your meals to make up the calories.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Bill
    Thanks for replying. Ok I’ll not worry and hopefully it will pass. Will try the adding extra fat tip, as it is so unpleasant trying to eat more when you don’t want it.
    I’m 45 and have lost 30lbs so far, with 4 more days to go until I have completed the 8 weeks. Going to carry on as I have more to lose and I feel so good eating like this, loads of energy and no fuzzy brain. Have conquered the carb addiction, hooray!! which was why I was doing this!

• posted by Sophors
    on

Hey! Most likely you’ve considered these and already do what’s right for you but, I’ll offer some advice anyway. 800cals is pretty limited, so if you’re not wanting to eat it all, a good multivitamin will at least make sure your body gets all the micro nutrients it needs. Another thing that people often miss is omega-3, it’s the fat found in oily fish and really important for brain function, amongst a host of other things. A few omega-3 capsules daily will up your calorie intake, and ensure your brain, skin, eyes etc are getting enough of what they need for optimum health. Read up on them, and think about adding some in, even post 8 weeks. Congrats on your achievement!!!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Thanks Sophors, I do take some vits, but maybe need to have a multivit instead so I get everything, Any recommendations? As to the Omega – 3, I eat salmon at minimum twice a week( its my favorite), would I still need to supplement? I also take Starflower oil. I also take some coconut oil on a spoon everyday, so on Bill’s advice, on the days I need to up my calories to the 800, I think I will just have another spoonful, instead of trying to struggle something down.

Thanks for the congrats. Going through my wardrobe last night……….found some things that I was waiting to wear……….tried them on and its too late…….too big now! I should have tried them on earlier, never mind, its worth the good feeling that it gave me:):) Going shopping tomorrow, have to get a few things to tide me over

Please log in or register to post a reply.