Struggling to eat

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tamara l
    on

Hi everyone
    I’m day three on fast 800 and am finding it hard to get all 800 calories in.
    Is it ok if I don’t eat all 800
    First day was around 500
    Second day around 600
    Thanks

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Really is better to try to eat you calorie allowance, as it is already low. Could I suggest you come and join us on the weekly thread (current one is has 26th January in the title) …. new one will be started tomorrow evening. The thread has lots of newcomers, as well as an established cast, so there is a mine of experience based knowledge to draw on. We happily offer advice and support to all comers …. everyone is welcome on the thread at any time.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Can you give a breakdown of what you ate on those days. Have you failed to count some things like oil when cooking or butter on an egg, milk in coffee/tea. They can all add up but I know I struggle to get 800 if I drop my carbs too low.

• posted by Tamara l
    on

I’m very strict about counting
    I’ll figure out what I’m going to eat before I record it in fitness pal to make sure I don’t go over.
    Just not hungry
    Thought of food makes me feel sick sometimes
    I used to pig out at night, that’s where most of my calories came from before
    Now I’ll eat some veggies like pickles, cucumber
    Pretty much have broken habit of eating at night
    Results are good tho. Day four and down six pounds

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Good going Tamara 1. Your eating will settle down. I remember becoming quite neurotic about what I could and couldnt eat. Then I went through a phase where I would look at the food on my plate – all delicious stuff – and just not fancy anything. My go to for a treat is strawberries but I like them fresh and preferably not watery and Spanish. Guess I have been spoilt by growing my own.

Please log in or register to post a reply.