Struggling a bit

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JanetElizabeth
    on

Hi guys, I’m on Day 3 & im really miserable, which isn’t like me at all. I feel like I’m struggling to stick to 800 cals with the higher fat content & I’m not feeling satiated, although certainly not starving. Monday & today I went over but stayed under 1000 but my head’s all over the place. I don’t know whether to up my cals, try & hang on in there as I’m sure it will get easier, just try & do low carb, but how low carb I’ve no idea! I really do think this is a brilliant w.o.e, I have fibromyalgia & I feel better when I eat better & I know for sure that sugar & wheat aren’t good for me so why am I finding this difficult when I’m actually enjoying what I am eating! I’m just being a sulky chops cos I want cereal & bread! I’m a vegetarian but eat fish so feel there’s plenty I can eat, I’m just adjusting to it all I guess.
    Looking for a bit of support, didn’t come on just to have a moan lol & hoping you’ll all tell me I’ll wake up feeling amazing tomorrow! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi !.

I am in a very similar place to you, I’ve actually posted on the other section, ‘Fast 800’ so please have a look. How are you feeling today ?. I’m brighter today, yesterday was truly awful for me, I nearly gave in…but did’nt.
    I’m more than happy to share my experience with you and help in any way I can.
    Hang in there, this is the WOE we so obviously both need. I haven’t got Type 2 yet, but am heading that way. I went to a Diabetes UK meeting the other night, and it really scared me what it does to people.One guy half blind, another one with a crumbling foot, another with a leg missing. It scared the hell out of me.
    If this helps, I’m trying to think of this WOE as a prescriptive period, that is a relatively short period of time between me as I am now and a new invigorated (and slim) guy.
    Hope you’re feeling better anyway, please feel free to reply as I’m off work today so can have a chat x

• posted by JanetElizabeth
    on

Thanks for your reply, glad you’re feeling bit brighter today, I’ve woken up in a much improved mood ๐Ÿ˜Š
    As far as I’m aware I’m not pre diabetic but the diet appealed to me as a good healthy diet & to get me off wheat as it doesn’t do me any favours & I get so addicted to it. I recently read Dr Moseley’s Clever Guts which also made a lot of sense & this follows on nicely from that.
    It’s great that you’re taking action & doing this now before you get Type 2, it’s such a horrible disease but you have the tools to avoid it & improve your health and lifestyle, so you hang in there too. I’ll gladly support you from the sidelines ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Have a good day, I’m hoping to get out for a walk later but the weather is awful at the moment, it’s not very appealing lol.
    Thanks again for your reply, I’ll have a look at your post x

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Coming off carbs is like withdrawing from any addiction. You feel deprived and miserable and that you will never cope without your fix. But you will, if you truly keep away from the bad carbs you will lose the addiction and the fog will lift and so will your mood. I remember giving up smoking and thinking I would never be able to enjoy my life again. What nonsense and this is very similar. Good luck.

• posted by Spalmon
    on

This seems like me, too, on day one and feeling very flaky. I will see how the rest of the day goes !

Please log in or register to post a reply.