Stomach cramps/aches on the 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stephen Dolan
    on

G’day,
    I have been on the 800 diet for the full 8 weeks and a bit.

Lost 20kgs so that was brilliant…but now I am looking at getting back to a “normal” diet I find it hard to eat too much at a time.

Also getting quite severe stomach cramps/aches which I can only put down to hunger/weight loss???

Am I on the right path or is it maybe something else.

Cheers

• posted by AnnieW
    on

No expert but By “normal” do you mean eating as you were before? If so you will end up in the same situation you were in prior to starting (IMO). Perhaps if you have started eating in your old way and larger amounts the cramps are your body’s way of saying stop. I don’t see how hunger or weight loss would cause them. Did you have hunger pains all the way through the 8 weeks? That would be unusual. Are you still drinking plenty – dehydration could cause some problems and slow food transit which can cause abdominal cramping/pain. However, if these are new/and distressing it would probably be a good idea to see the doctor. To keep the benefits gained over the last few weeks people generally increase their calories slowly by eating more proteins and fats, not so much in carbs – still keep them lower. Hope it resolves soon.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Stephen you system probably finds your ‘normal’ diet too rich are carby and is kicking up a fuss. Going back to ‘normal’ eating is the mistake of most dieters, it go you overweight in the first place and will do it again.

• posted by runrascal
    on

If you find it hard too eat a lot at one time then don’t 😊 Sorry! This isn’t meant to be snarky, just that no law says you have eat more than is pleasant. If bulk is the issue then increase your fats to get up to your calorie intake.
    Have you worked out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight? Multiply your weight in pounds by 14, then the same by 17. This will give a rough guide depending on how active you are. Then make sure you are keeping much the same proportion of carbs/fat/protein as recommended in the Med diet, so your carbs don’t creep up.
    Hope you start to feel better soon, bellyache is horrible.

Please log in or register to post a reply.