Stephen's Stats – In the beginning…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Halicarnassus
    on

Wall of shame
    228lbs
    8.5″ neck
    46″ waist
    45″ chest
    BMI 30.9
    Body Fat: 42.8%

High risk of everything.
    Starting today. Will check in once a week with updates.

on

Well as I crawl to bed, I’m delighted to say that I named on just under 800kcals on day one. Apart from a sore head, I feel better already.

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Good luck and well done you for being so organised and brave as to record your stats and actually start.
    I’ve not measured inch loss so far, but am thinking I really should.
    I hope you enjoy the experience as well, I’m 3 weeks in and touch wood, it’s going well.

on

Thanks onmyway.
    Just weighed in this morning and dropped 4 pounds yesterday. Head feels like it’s about to explode though. ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by alliecat
    on

Halicarnassus, try a bit of sea salt on a dampened finger several times a day. This is carb flu, and the headaches are
    withdrawal from carb/.sugar. It shouldn’t last more than a few days, a week at the most. It will pass ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Thanks, I’ll try that. One question though, doesn’t salt cause water retention?

• posted by alliecat
    on

As curious as it might seem, carbs retain fluid, and much of that is lost in week 1. Week 1 is not really fat loss,
    but the release of water ๐Ÿ™‚ We are also drinking a lot of water, which flushes our body further, and can cause an electrolyte
    imbalance. By having a small bit of a natural sea salt, it replaces the salts we are losing, and headaches and
    dizziness improve. I’m not a “science” driven gal, but there are others here who are, and will be able to provide you
    with a more in depth answer.Remedy will be same, however ๐Ÿ™‚ Let us know how you get on. Just want to reassure
    you that nothing is wrong, the headaches are simply part of carb withdrawal. Hang in there!

Please log in or register to post a reply.