Starting Today!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Louise
    on

I read the book over a week ago and have been gearing up to start today.

Not a great start this morning unfortunately. I went to bed early so I’d be well rested (I eat more when I’m tired), but ended up being awake from 3am stressing about work…then I broke my blood sugar kit! So I don’t know what my starting point is.

But I’m starting today regardless. So have just had breakfast of a plain greek yoghurt. I have another one for lunch – inspiring I know! Planning on eggs, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms for dinner, and a few cups of tea.

More adventurous recipes to come! Good luck to anyone else starting this week ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Hedds
    on

Morning Louise,
    I too am starting today! I spent a long time planning a weeks food yesterday and I am looking forward to my delivery today. I have decided to get my shopping delivered as there are fewer temptations. Bad news about the monitor, but it’s great you are not letting it stop you start the plan.
    Good luck!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• posted by Louise
    on

Good luck too Hedds. I have also planned the week of food but haven’t actually bought it yet! Online is a good idea, no supermarket smells and offers on chocolate!

• posted by karenv
    on

Good luck Louise and Hedds! I’m starting today as well. Planned a couple of days of food on MyFitnessPal but haven’t done a shop yet. I notice there are some nice looking recipes on this website that aren’t on the book so must have a look through them as well. Had a spinach and pea omelette for breakfast this morning, quite nice and still full from that. Chicken salad planned for lunch, veg curry and cauliflower rice for dinner.

I bought the BSD book on Kindle which isn’t ideal as it’s harder to browse through the recipes. So I might buy the physical book too. Shopping delivered is a good idea – I will do that and avoid the chocolate aisle ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope your week goes well both of you, and anyone else who is starting today!

• posted by Louise
    on

I also got the hard copy after reading the kindle version karenv as it’s frustrating looking at recipes on the kindle!

How did you first day go? I managed to get through. My food was uninspiring and I’m going to try to cook some more tasty options later. Difficult when your juggling children and work, but not going to use that as an excuse like I usually do.

Hoping to get some ready made courgette spaghetti today and make a chicken, olive and anchovy sauce. I have a waitrose and a morrisons near me, Waitrose is probably the best bet to get the ready made courgetti.

Good luck for day 2!

• posted by Hedds
    on

Morning all,
    Day two and my BG is down 0.2. I had a good day yesterday, stuck to the diet and came in just under 800 cals. I had yoghurt and berries for breakfast then smoked salmon with eggs and spinach for lunch, keeping the portobello mushrooms with goats cheese for supper. I also had lots of water and herbal tea. I am cooking the whole family a chicken with roasted veg for supper tonight, but making mine separately in a different dish so I can keep control over the calorie intake. I am off work ill at the moment, which is making my life slightly easier in being able to have time to plan my meals. Hope you both have a great day today. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    Hedds

• posted by karenv
    on

I got through OK yesterday – surprisingly wasn’t hungry, but today am finding it harder (probably cos a stressy day at work). I had yesterday omelette for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, then vegetable curry and cauli rice for dinner (burnt the rice a bit – and veg curry needed more texture – but tasted OK).

Bit worried about next few days – am travelling for work, both days not back till about 9.30/10 which is late for dinner. So taking extra snacks and a lunch with me, but I probably will go over the 800 cal limit. But as long as I still have healthy meals I think I can make it – just don’t like eating that late!

Good luck with the next few days guys ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Debsym62
    on

I started yesterday Greek yogurt and passion fruit for breakfast, peanut butter and cream cheese dip for lunch then chicken, bean mash and kale for the evening. I find my fitness pal doesn’t like you eating that low amount of calories though.

• posted by Natalie
    on

My tracker (Calorie King) wouldn’t accept 800 as a target! I’ve put in a 1000-1200 range and then it’s ok if you go a bit under.

• posted by Debsym62
    on

I was thinking of adding a few calories as a snack to keep my fitness pal happy lol. I would know they were false but I would actually prefer not to have to do that. So far (3 days in) I feel my head is in exactly the right place to keep this up, I haven’t even had any battles with myself fighting off a treat!

• posted by Zandranna
    on

At the end of each day on myfitnesspal if I have eaten less than 1000 calories I add the extra as “quick add cals” – so that it registers as me completing for the day. Then once it has registered I just delete the fake extra cals.

• posted by Angie50
    on

Starting today but not sure how much veg to use in the recipes on pg 237 for chicken, salmon etc anyone any ideas or should I just do calorie counting off the net?

• posted by Marjorie
    on

I started yesterday and found it easier than I thought. The test for me will be when I go back to work a week on Monday – but I am determined ๐Ÿ˜€ Good luck to everyone else starting now ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Louise
    on

Day 4…I’m finding this quite hard! I have moments where I’m doing fine, not hungry at all, then moments (like when I seem to be feeding my children endlessly) that I really miss things like bread, rice and pasta. I might have a little brown rice from time to time, see if that helps, and maybe some porridge oats.

I woke up this morning feeling ok, its just the evenings that are hard and seem to stretch out, with no wine or treats!

Still trying to get to grips with how to best spend my 800 cal. I think two larger meals might be better for me than 3 small ones. I hate that feeling of never being quite satisfied. No one said this was going to be easy I suppose…

• posted by janet_jb
    on

Hi all,
    I am day 5 today. Was doing really well until today. I had started each day with egg and avocado, adding in a portobello mushroom on some of the days. Worked really well, then could have a salad for lunch and a more substantial dinner with chicken and veg/ salad.
    Yesterday I tried something new, I started the day with yogurt and berries. I then had my salad for lunch and chicken with cauliflower rice and veg for dinner.I was hungry after dinner last night, and ended up having more yogurt and berries after dinner which helped. Still was around 800 for the day. I think I didn’t have enough fat yesterday, as I feel terrible this morning. I also didn’t sleep well due to stress about work, even though I used the headspace app for the first time last night.
    I have gone back to my egg avocado and mushroom this morning, hoping that sets me up better today. Going to be a tough day today!
    Janet

• posted by parsonatorjo
    on

I have started today and so far so good. Have read the book twice. This morning I had cottage cheese, pear and walnuts for breakfast. Surprisingly enjoyable and filling. For lunch had the mushrooms with goats cheese, and I added a poached egg which was delicious. That was really enjoyable too. Have had lots of drinks, although need to drink more water. Have Type 2 diabetes, which is the bane of my life, hence starting this diet. Do feel a bit hungry. what do people do for snacks? not sure what/how much to have. I need to make sure my blood sugar doesn’t go too low or the diet will go out of the window in a blink! If you cook the meals in the books, can you add more above ground veg to your dinner, without counting additional calories?

• posted by CTB
    on

I started today. I have read most of the book. I took my blood sugar and at 4.7 I think that is ok. Hope I am right. I have 5 stone to loose so I need this diet plan. It will inspire me if I can drop some weight quickly also walking every day. Good luck everyone and keep posting diet tips and blogs..

• posted by Louise
    on

How’s everyone getting on?

I’ve been on it for two weeks now. I’ve had a few blips as found it really hard initially. Now I seem to have turned a corner and finding it relatively easy.

I haven’t weighed myself as the scales always horrify me. I do know my starting weight though obviously, so I’ll probably just weigh myself at the end of the eight weeks. My partner has lost 12 lbs in two weeks though!

I’m really enjoying not feeling constantly hungry, and my cravings are greatly diminished. I actually feel hopeful for the first time in ages that I might lose weight this time, and learn how to keep it off. I haven’t felt that hope for a long time!

• posted by Gabby
    on

I’m two weeks into the diet, I started the day after being diagnosed Type 2 with a fasting Blood sugar level of 14.5! I lost about 13lbs in the first week but despite sticking to it rigidly, not another single pound in six days. I’m walking 30mins every day, taking the stairs at work, haven’t cheated at all. My glucose levels have come down, I’m now hovering around 8, with a few nice 7’s on some days. Getting a bit disheartened though with the plateau on weight loss. I’m trying to increase my water intake, to see if that will help. Really enjoying the meals though, had Cauliflower rice last night for the first time, delicious and filling! Not getting too many cravings.
    G

• posted by viennasue
    on

need to lose about 5-6 stone dont want to end up with Type2 diabetes .have two children aged 8 and 11 and want to have the energie to do more with them.
    Started yesterday 1st day and 2nd day have gone well not hungry but have to remind myself to drink enough water. I find hot water and lemon juice helps me too as I dont like black tea or coffee so save that for treats.

Please log in or register to post a reply.