Starting today with 800/8 weeks :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sarah12
    on

Hello! Im starting today with the 800 and with training so i hope i find good food tips in here and support. The most important thing with this diet is to exercise with it so i dont just Think about the food. I want this to be a start for a good Health and then continue eating good food. Sorry for my English by the way, i´m froom Sweden!

• posted by Sarah12
    on

Today my weight is about 96 kilos. I dont know but i Think so startin from today i have to get batteries for my scale :).

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Sarah12 – hope you get those batteries and report in soon with a real start weight. Don’t forget to take some measurements too, as sometimes even if the scales are static, you will seem a change in measurements.

The BSD is a great way to change to a healthier lifestyle. There are lots of friendly and supportive people on the forum, so be sure to shout out if you need advice and keep us posted on you progress. Best wishes to you for every success ….

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Hi Sarah12, and welcome to the forum. Exercise is not actually all that important when it comes to weight loss (although it is for your overall health, of course) and intense aerobic exercise might actually hinder your progress in the early stages because it tends to trigger hunger. What kind of exercise program are you starting?

Get your scale in working order, sure, but even more importantly, take your measurements. You could well find yourself losing cm even when the numbers on the scale haven’t moved. Also, do you have a kitchen scale? It’s essential on such a restricted calorie diet that you weigh and measure all of your ingredients so you know exactly what you’re eating. The recipes in the book do not have very accurate calorie counts, I’m afraid, and they have no carb counts. It’s best to do your own calculating. Use a tracking app like MyFitnessPal or Fat Secret to tally up calorie and carb counts easily without having to do lots of math on your own.

While Dr. Mosley doesn’t specify what your daily carb count should be, a lot of people on this forum have found success keeping carbs to less than 50 grams a day. That helps put your body in a fat-burning state. More than that and weight loss can slow to a crawl or stall as your body continues to live off of carbs instead of tapping into your fat stores.

Good luck!

P.S. – Your English is great. 🙂

• posted by Sarah12
    on

Hello again! I can´t do this on my own so i am gonna start the program in 9 april 🙂 i tried to pay but dont know if it´s done?
    Pushed the button to pay but nothing happened. So from now i am going to learn about the food an start slowly until then 🙂
    Thank you!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sarah, why not try cutting out all the obvious high carbs like potatoes, bread, cakes, biscuits, pasta, rice and cereals etc. That will give you a good start while you are waiting for the online programme to start on 9th April. Actually, the BSD is very doable with just the support of the forum, the support of which got me and man y others to the end goal.
    Anyway, hope you will be happy with the results when you make a start on your BSD journey – best of luck to you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.