Starting today May 22nd – hi everybody!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sofia89
    on

Just wanted to say hello to everybody in the forum! I am starting on the 800 cal diet today for 6+ weeks. This will my gift to myself for my 30th birthday. I am excited but expecting it to be hard. Looking forward to talking to you!

• posted by Niknak87
    on

Welcome to the forum 😀
    We are a friendly bunch with a mix of newbies and oldies, short term, long term and maintainers.
    Whilst we all have some struggles here and there but we are mostly all positive about following this WoE (way of eating).

Come join us in the “one week at a time”, “positive thoughts” or the “road trip” thread where you will find most of the team.

• posted by Shewolf
    on

Hello,
    I’m starting today as well.
    I’m vegetarian so any help gratefully received.
    Wishing Niknak luck as well

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi!

It can be hard to start with, but it gets easier once your body adapts to a low carb diet. This takes around a week.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Welcome to the wonderful BSD way of eating.

Sofia- it’s not hard, it’s so easy when you get into the swing of things!

This was a completely different woe for me when I embarked BSD in January 2017 and I was very sceptical that it would work. I’d spent years doing SW or WW diets to no avail and was desperate for something that worked for me, I too am a strict vegetarian Shewolf and despite less choice for us vegetarians it most definitely works. Full fat everything, yoghurt, cottage cheese, cream in coffee! I lost 42lb doing BSD and am currently a little over my target weight 18 months later. Everybody loses at different rates, don’t compare your weight loss to others and remember that sometimes even though the scales don’t show a loss, your clothes will definitely be loser. It’s amazing to see bony shoulders and knees emerge. Don’t expect big losses every week. There are some very experienced BSDers on the forum with lots of tips. The advice is so valuable and the support is what gets us through the ups and downs on our journey. I remember eating a pear and some cottage cheese for lunch when I started not realising that the pear was probably a little too high in carbs and a kind forum member advised me. Little tips make a big difference.

Good luck on the start of a very exciting time ahead – a new you!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys,
    I would echo much of what ClarinetCathy has said, Shewolf, if it helps I am a vegetarian as well. I started out October 2017 by cutting out the main carbs, then I used the Fatsecret app on my mobile phone to log what I was eating and tweak the levels of carbs down as time went on. – It does get easier as you drop the carbs, its the carbs that drive the hunger and food cravings.
    I think that CC is also right that its important to monitor progress with the tape measure not the scale. – Our weight fluctuates each day by upto 3kg, depending on the weight of what is in our digestive system, and the amount of fluids drunk. (a litre of water weighs a kg.) So if you are jumping on the scales each day you can easily feel down. Use target clothes or a tape measure to monitor progress but don’t be surprised if you notice changes in areas of your body that you hadn’t expected to change. A number of us have dropped a shoe size.
    I would agree as well with Niknak, there are a few of us who read the forum by reading the latests threads, but most people stick to just a few threads. There is a weekly thread for those who want to focus on progress on a weekly basis with a new thread starting every Tuesday. And a Roadtrip thread for those who want to make longer term plans. Join one of the them and you will meet a range of people from fellow newcomers to people who have been maintaining their weight loss for years.

• posted by Sofia89
    on

THANKS ALL for great advice and also the ward welcome!! Looking forward further discussions! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.